What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst finals series and GF ever?

Best day of the year today and I hate Manly, so what does that say about how I feel about the Melbourne scum. No not the worse GF ever, but Melbourne were completely outclassed...............sure was sweet!

Chachi

Bench
I thought there were some brilliant games in this finals series. It's a shame that none of those games were in the final 3 played, but it was great that the teams that played open attacking footy with good honest defence, like Manly and NZ, were rewarded with some of the best wins.

It pains me to say it, but the Manly win was a win for Rugby League over robotic wrestlemania. I can't believe how sh*t that Melbourne team played in attack with the number of freakishly gifted players they had at their disposal.

Loudstrat

Coach
Blow out towards the end, but TBH I thoroughly enjoyed the match today. The first half was played at an awesome pace - I thought it was 10000 times better than last year's GF!

Yep. Great series. Loved the GF - in fact, watching Manly's 3 finals wins - how could you not enjoy their brand of footy?

Broncos v Melb was a massive game. Warriors 2 wins were awesome as well - Broncos v Chooks pretty good too.

I think a pretty good finals seried - albeit the prelim finals weren't close.

But, people have to whinge about something.

40 - 0 Jealousy is a curse!
English rugby league better than the NRL.....like saying A-League (which I love) is better than the EPL :roll::sarcasm:
Very true. ESL is quite enjoyable to watch. But the Roos will towell the Lions again.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
i thought this years finals series was great apart from the last week.

so what if manly "dominated" thats just sport.

bring on the world cup!!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Blow out towards the end, but TBH I thoroughly enjoyed the match today. The first half was played at an awesome pace - I thought it was 10000 times better than last year's GF!

Bingo.

The first two weeks were good, after that it was a showcase of how damn good Manly were. I didn't dislike it.

P.J.

Juniors
Melbourne lost 40-0. How can that be bad?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Best Grand Final for a long time. Melbourne being kept scoreless while Manly (could have been another team I spose :fist:) pile on the points :D

grandorient

Bench
Disagree about both.

Great GF until the blowout, played with intensity. Can't believe how clean it was. Fast and Manly played like a pack of demons, well done, conrats.

As for Manly being that far ahead of other teams, don't think so. Winning a GF doesn't necessarily mean you have the best team of the year, although by yesterdays performance I would be the first to agree that Manly certainly has. Again by yesterdays performance, I don't believe any team could have beaten Manly, they were simply brilliant, credit where credits due.

But to imply they are streets ahead of the other teams is in my view, incorrect, some teams maybe but certainly not the top 6 or 8. With all the movin and shaken, next year will be a very interesting contest, but at this point Manly should be basking in the glory of GF winners and rightly so.

GO

IgorManiac

Juniors
Bingo.

The first two weeks were good, after that it was a showcase of how damn good Manly were. I didn't dislike it.

To a Manly tragic's ears, these are sweet, sweet words.

We've endured a year of being told that we are no better than last year, can't overcome the loss of Monahan, can't beat the Storm, Orfords a choker etc, etc. This is on the back of being thumped in the 07 GF.

To hand out 3 consecutive hidings in the finals, especially last nights, feels awesome! And we did it with passionate defense and attacking flare, not niggling grubby football.

I don't care what the knockers say. No one can beat us on our day.

The best thing? Our retiring players can be ably covered by our reserves and new signings. We will be just as strong next year!

Ryan

Juniors
To a Manly tragic's ears, these are sweet, sweet words.

We've endured a year of being told that we are no better than last year, can't overcome the loss of Monahan, can't beat the Storm, Orfords a choker etc, etc. This is on the back of being thumped in the 07 GF.

To hand out 3 consecutive hidings in the finals, especially last nights, feels awesome! And we did it with passionate defense and attacking flare, not niggling grubby football.

I don't care what the knockers say. No one can beat us on our day.

The best thing? Our retiring players can be ably covered by our reserves and new signings. We will be just as strong next year!

:D:D:D:D:D
Nice post my friend !
Go THE EAGLES !!!!

Rovelli

Bench
There were 3 good games - Chooks/Broncos, Storm/Warriors, Broncos/Storm

The rest were quite average