What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Parra team of all time

Choppy71

Gavan Catananach (?) was IMO the worst player ever that I've seen play first grade for Parra, closely followed by Ian Gately, Ian Herron, Troy Pezet, SCott Mahon, Chris Lawler, Mick Delroy, Ben Kusto and I'm sure there's others that still make me cringe....Oh how could I forget Michael Buettner....No team was Buettner proof....

parra pete

Referee
Chris 'howya' Phelan is in Jack Gibson premiership teams. That's good enuff not to be included in you team. Actuall had a beer with 'howya' at South Logan SOO function in 2004. Small world,
Going to another SOO function on June 14 this year in Brisbane put on by South Logan...But that's another story..This year it is to be hosted by Greg Ritchie, with Jack Peard, David Furner, Phil Daley, Garry Belcher - at this stage - the guest speaker..but I'm sure they'll have more Queenslanders speaking on the program.

The Eel

Juniors
Ok Guys

We can put this one to sleep. I actually forgot about Andrew Mcfadden!!!! He was pretty bad.

Sorry if I bored you by repeating this, but I am only new to the forum and thought it would be interesting to do, didn't know it had been done before. Sorry about that.

On with 2006

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Mark Laurie was a great player for Parramatta, how could you include him in such a list when other possible nominees are

-Greg Darke, Darren Winmill, Peter Mcphail, Greg Vernon, Wayne Simmonds, Johny Brewer, Jamie Mahon, Keith Blackett, Bill Greentree, Jeff Pearl, Craig Freer, Andy Patmore etc...

As for David Woods & Brian Jackson? how were these players useless? one of the best memories i have is watching Brian in 1990 scoring 3 trys against St George at Kogerah and watching him all year carve up sides, he had one bad year went to Souths & retired?

As for Woods? he was a great player who was absolutely devasted by injury......and in 1994 was the only Parra player to be nominated in the Australian train on squad.....but offcourse you would've known that lol

Ron Jeremy

Coach
BTW how was Mahon useless in 93 & 94 he was by far & away our best player and at one stage tipped as a possible SOO replacement for Brasher!!!

Gee i wish people watched our sides better, Mahon & woods were our only attacking spark in those bad years.

I have games at home...including against Brian Smith coached St George where even though Parra lost Mahon was the best on ground by a mile.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Eel said:
Ok Guys

We can put this one to sleep. I actually forgot about Andrew Mcfadden!!!! He was pretty bad.

Sorry if I bored you by repeating this, but I am only new to the forum and thought it would be interesting to do, didn't know it had been done before. Sorry about that.

On with 2006

That's why I gave you the benefit of the doubt.
Welcome aboard and don't hesitate to post your views again, regardless of the topic.

Suity

yy_cheng

Coach
I thought that pebbles played for nsw in one game.

Any of the old timers remember correctly?

shaun

Juniors
Jeff Fenech must surely make this team. I know he didnt make 1st grade but did play a few games for reserve grade.

fish eel

Immortal
Choppy71 said:
Gavan Catananach (?) was IMO the worst player ever that I've seen play first grade for Parra, closely followed by Ian Gately, Ian Herron, Troy Pezet, SCott Mahon, Chris Lawler, Mick Delroy, Ben Kusto and I'm sure there's others that still make me cringe....Oh how could I forget Michael Buettner....No team was Buettner proof....

Your a damn fine judge Choppy.

fish eel

Immortal
The Money Box Man said:
and what about Andrew Leeds - he was a shocker. A candidate for the slowest back to ever play the game

I disagree.

I thought Andrew Leeds went alright.

forward pass

Coach
Andrew Leeds went alright. But in his last season for us he cost us a number of matches with errors.

I actually felt sorry for him because his errors were so costly whereas other guys were getting away with it. He could play though !

The Engineers Room

First Grade
shaun said:
Jeff Fenech must surely make this team. I know he didnt make 1st grade but did play a few games for reserve grade.

He was actually not too bad. He ran hard and was quite a good defender.

Gregory Drake

Juniors
awwww Look, i'm sick of this. I'm sick of seeing my name pop up in our worst ever sides. I don't know how many times i got poor service out of dummy half from Bill Greentree. No one takes that into account do they?

I'd be like, "Billy, give me 1 and 3 for this set." 1st tackle he'd throw the pill at my head and then for my next run i'd recieve it somewhere around the shin area. It was very difficult trying to regather in the space of 10 metres, then picking up steam for some impact at the line.

My "Laurie Daley Leg speed"(Where else does it come from incidently?) was really good off the mark but i was constantly rendered a sitting duck thanks to our garbage rake.

Even when i was forced to regather, i sill made an impression. Many times i could hear Sironen telling Roach "You take Drake, he hurt me last time i went in ..."

So guys, please, give me a break...if the starch was needed, i was like one massive potatoe.....