What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would McLinden At Fullback Offer More Than Schifcofske???

jed

First Grade
Kris_man said:
in regards to the high ball, i think Slater's underrated - i rarely see him drop one. and Schif in 2004 was hopeless, as bad as anyone.

There's no doubt in my mind that Schif wasn't playing to his full potential this year, but I think he was down on confidence. Once he started kicking again, his form started to pick up. I'd like to see the trend continue at the start of '05

Kris_man

Bench
azza said:
Complaining.
i don't think i've made one statement on the forums which i haven't been able to defend with reasons. that's something which the anti-Kris_man's can't seem to do - as soon as someone disagrees with them, they get burned for heresy. the only thing i do when someone disagrees with me is debate the point, although sometimes i probably get a lil too heated.

Kris_man

Bench
jed said:
Kris_man said:
in regards to the high ball, i think Slater's underrated - i rarely see him drop one. and Schif in 2004 was hopeless, as bad as anyone.

There's no doubt in my mind that Schif wasn't playing to his full potential this year, but I think he was down on confidence. Once he started kicking again, his form started to pick up. I'd like to see the trend continue at the start of '05
that statement was referring only to his form under the high ball, nothing else.

jed

First Grade
Kris_man said:
jed said:
Kris_man said:

that statement was referring only to his form under the high ball, nothing else.

Agreed totally. This season though, from the middle of the season until just before the end, he was letting a large percentage of the high balls bounce, rather than taking them on the full. But yeah, he was taking a lot more of the high balls when he was given the kicking duties back.

woodgers

Bench
Mclinden has no future at the Raiders in my opinion if there isn't a dramatic improvement in his defence period! He has managed to play over 150FG with his raw attacking ability and speed alone. However, as he matures as a player he will almost certaintly lose his speed (he's already lost a fair bit of speed if u ask me) and then what else does he offer once that happens? He's not a ball player, he can't kick consistently well, has no organisational skills and he isn't what you would call a great leader. I would like to see him develop into a 9 but, his defence is far too suspect and his passing game isn't good. The potential signing of Withers also makes Mclinden's future unclear imo. Another disappointing year and i really do believe questions need to be asked as to why he's at the Raiders. He's a loyal raider, local junior, fan/crowd favourite and an exciting player. Yet, is he someone that can help turn the Raiders into a premiership force in the near future?
Perfect Brenno, what I have been saying for about a year now. His days are numbered if you ask me. A lot of players improve when they step up to first grade, his game is similar to that when I watched him in the headgear years ago. I feel a lot of people rate him because he has speed, or more to the point, speed off the mark. My biggest complaint is that he doesn't use that strength. How many times in a game do you see him attack the line? 1? 2?. His defence is tragic and unfortunately I also think Elliott may be losing patience with him. Having said that if Elliott didn't lose patience with Bulgarelli, Drew and Tired Smith when is he going to get the shits? He must be a zen monk or something.

SOULS 04

Juniors
hahah well we'll have \to look out if elliot shaves his head and starts wearing orange next year

Latest posts