What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would we have beat the sharks without Esi

cv8z

Juniors
Never really understood why we signed Esi. He's a fringe first grader. Couldn't even crack a spot in the Titans wooden spoon team last year.

Esi was bought as a backup
He would never see first grade if Loko wasn't injured
Still after today his backup days should be over

Eels Dude

Coach
]In fairness to Esi that was more because Cartwright didn't want him playing firsts after he signed with us[/B]. But his defence is god-f**king-awful, at least Morgan is a solid defender

Meh. They didn't exactly fight to keep him. They realised he was useless that's why they signed Idris and Champion. And it's not like Esi was ever a guarenteed starter. Play 30 odd games in 4 years there.

Eels Dude

Coach
Esi was bought as a backup
He would never see first grade if Loko wasn't injured
Still after today his backup days should be over

Was he bought as a backup? He was one of the first players SK bought in his recruitment drive last year. Normally you go for the priority signings first, then chase the back-up players.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Was he bought as a backup? He was one of the first players SK bought in his recruitment drive last year. Normally you go for the priority signings first, then chase the back-up players.

Really ? Thanks coach I was wondering how it all went down.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah blair is a work in progress-He is only 20 thou so in another year he will be good for it

Pazza

First Grade
Lol and people on this forum kicked up a stink when I suggested we should sign Matai!

Bigfella

Coach
A better thread may have been "would we have beaten sharks if we had lent them luke Burt?"

Their fullback must have been the next candidate for MOM behind ours.

parra pete

Referee
Parramatta you're the greatest
All your team moves are the latest
Jarryd Hayne, he's your star,
To see him they would travel far,
But please oh Jarryd, dont get hurt,
Cos without you.
The're not worth a squirt.

Joely01

Bench
I thought Blair's lack of finishing cost us the game.

I agree, but I dont think it lost it for us it made it just made it really hard and was a big confidence loss.
I think we just struggled in general to put them to the sword.
For mine the big thing was allgoods first 15mins, 2 stupid penalties then a knock on and I think sharks scored twice off those 3 mistakes.

Penalties killed us.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Cut the errors and some dumb penalties and you guys win.

We never moved up in defense all day. Don't know why when it was great last week.

Anyway to all you guys except parraeels 2010 commiserations and belt em next week.

Parraeels2010 can suck shyte

HAHA parreeels2010 can suck shit!

Anyway we had enough chances to win even with all the penatlites and errors..

eel01s

Bench
Esi is hopeless! Why do we have so many players who cannot tackle???

Esi
Sandow (forgivable if he provides some attack, which he isn't at the moment)
Blair
Burt

Latest posts