What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would we have Brett or Josh back?

Pro Dragons

Juniors
After Melbourne game I would bring back Brett Morris but only if Canterbury would contribute to his salary. Nighty was exposed in defence in the Melbourne game, he is also slowing down with his age. I have great admiration for Nighty he took lower salaries to stay with the Dragons which shows great loyalty to the team and club. He also makes a great role model for players coming through the ranks. Brett Morris is a great defender and word is he has lost little of his pace. Nene McDonald and Brett Morris playing outside our inform backline would be a formidable challenge for any opposition. So a yes for me at the right price.

After Melbourne game I would bring back Brett Morris but only if Canterbury would contribute to his salary. Nighty was exposed in defence in the Melbourne game, he is also slowing down with his age. I have great admiration for Nighty he took lower salaries to stay with the Dragons which shows great loyalty to the team and club. He also makes a great role model for players coming through the ranks. Brett Morris is a great defender and word is he has lost little of his pace. Nene McDonald and Brett Morris playing outside our inform backline would be a formidable challenge for any opposition. So a yes for me at the right price.

Word is he’s on a back ended contract with the Dogs for 800k this season, so he’d have to drop that by 2/3 to make it worth it.

Even then it’s still a no from me.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Lazy Nene
Tackle breaks 33, Tries 6, Total metres 1325, average metres per game 147.3, Post contact metres 466

Superior Brett
Tackle breaks 22, Tries 1, Total metres 801, Average metres 89, Post contact metres 124,

Imagine how good Nene could be if he wasn't a lazy f**k.

Dead set some observers are geniused.

Redhoopz

Juniors
No thanks - Loved watching them when they played for the Dragons. I don't think they wouldn't add any value to our team now. I'd prefer to see a youngster take over from Nighty.

ouryears

Bench
Lazy Nene
Tackle breaks 33, Tries 6, Total metres 1325, average metres per game 147.3, Post contact metres 466

Superior Brett
Tackle breaks 22, Tries 1, Total metres 801, Average metres 89, Post contact metres 124,

Imagine how good Nene could be if he wasn't a lazy f**k.

Dead set some observers are geniused.

Agree.
I guess though if Morris was playing outside hunt and widdop with our forward pack, then who knows.

But let's give our young guys a go.

Not Morris. The sun has set.

Todays SMH online news has a story about the Morris brothers conceding they are little chance of staying on at the Bulldogs due to their salary cap pressures, but either has any desire to retire yet. I have this romantic notion of having at least Brett back in the red V to end his career where his experience, speed and skills could still be an asset and he would fit right in. On the practical side though neither of them are offering the dogs much at the moment and they may well have passed their use by date (but unlike Nighty did not remain loyal)...plus they dont come particularly cheap. What are the thoughts from the forum?
Putting the subjective issue of loyalty aside which only really applies to Brett, they are running on tired legs and there is no upside in either of the Morris boys.
Would be a retrograde step regardless of the cost.
Give the youngsters the same chance and we have something to look forward to and maybe a long term backline solution.
It's a resounding NO from me

ouryears

Bench
Putting the subjective issue of loyalty aside which only really applies to Brett, they are running on tired legs and there is no upside in either of the Morris boys.
Would be a retrograde step regardless of the cost.
Give the youngsters the same chance and we have something to look forward to and maybe a long term backline solution.
It's a resounding NO from me
100% mate.

Then we can spend the money remaining on another forward and a few upgrades for the young guns.

Gareth67

First Grade
They both gave all Dragon supporters plenty of thrills over the years , however they are now not only a bit long in the tooth , but bluudy Bulldogs also .
There is absolutely no value whatsoever in even contemplating taking the pair back to the Big Red V .
Time for our gifted youth to make their way into the game , so as they also may have their time on the sun .

Last edited:
This is f**king gold ... nighty fans not wanting a bar of the Morris boys because they are old and past it ... Loving the double standards ...
How is advocating the preference of one of your young stars to the Morris's, double standards?
The same applies to Nightingale.
Same argument for both scenarios.
No double standards just standards.

This is f**king gold ... nighty fans not wanting a bar of the Morris boys because they are old and past it ... Loving the double standards ...

Hardly, one turned their back on us to play for the bloody Dogs of all teams, the other played reserve grade for two years, despite offers from other clubs, when some muppet decided it was a better idea to recruit a fat old guy with a big name to play in his place.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I really can't wait till Brett leaves the Dogs. Just looks wrong in my eyes. That jersey does not belong to that person. What a sad way to end his career, being shopped around and tld he is not wanted from last year only to play this year because they had no choice.

Latest posts