What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you like your team to move to Gosford?

Would you like YOUR team to move to the CC?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • No, a new team should be brought in!

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • No, but Souths should because I'm a hypocrite

Votes: 33 56.9%

• Total voters

Bumble

First Grade
Seriously, I haven't spoken to any souths supporters in person or on forums who think it is a good idea for us to move to the Central Coast...yet half the people on here think it is a good idea for us to move. Why? Well, I don't know...maybe they're just biased and hypocritical.

Lets see.

t-ba

Post Whore
There's a difference between 'like' and 'accept that my club is moribund and doomed' bumble...

Bumble

First Grade
t-ba said:
There's a difference between 'like' and 'accept that my club is moribund and doomed' bumble...

Souths just signed a new deal with Telstra Stadium, have the most football club members of any team, AND are the most sponsored Sydney team but because the team isn't performing they are "doomed"

Oh of course, A drive 2 hours up the road will make the team play better. :rolleyes:

KFC

Juniors
You may have the most sponsors numerically but how about financially?

The problems for Souths are many and varied.

Onfield you have not played finals football since 1989.

Off field your club has been run as one man's private fiefdom and this has virtually ruined you financially.

Your Leagues club is in a very scarey area and will never be able to support your football team the way Canterbury Leagues and Easts Leagues do for there teams.

But,you now have a very good administration, you have a great junior nursery, you have history and IMO should not be made to relocate.

Broncodroid

Juniors
As a Brisbane Bronco fan now on the Central Coast, I would love this "dream" move to happen...there is more chance in hell freezing over, though we should all dream a little.

smeghead

Bench
I can say quite confidently that any team who had to merge to survive should not be forced to move anywhere. Anybody else go for it

Alan Shore

First Grade
Souths have poor crowds, poor results and it's been a rabble for over a decade. You have no right to complain about being mentioned as a relocation target.

Bumble

First Grade
Tamazoid said:
Souths have poor crowds, poor results and it's been a rabble for over a decade. You have no right to complain about being mentioned as a relocation target.

Well, if anyone knows poor results (since 1967 isn't it?) it's a Sharks fan.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Does Souths own it's own ground?

How many finals has Souths made in the last 15 years?

What is Souths' crowd average this year?

How many spoons do you have?

What is Souths profitability?

Is there a business plan to become a mega club based at your spiritual home in Redfern? (LOL)

How's it going retaining your 2 pseudo-stars in Harrison and Fletcher?

Souths fans - still living in the past.

shadow grinder

First Grade
Tamazoid said:

Is there a business plan to become a mega club based at your spiritual home in Redfern? (LOL)

:clap:

Bumble

First Grade
Tamazoid said:
Yes
0, how many finals series have Cronulla WON?
Like 10000?
Less than Parra, Wests and others....At least we can claim to have won more comps than spoons
How the hell would I know that?
Again, how am I meant to know this?
Harrison will probably stay if we get Braith, Fletch is going to England as you already know. Clubs can't always retain the players they want, Such as Preston Campbell, Martin Lang...
Cronulla Sharks - No past, and even less future.

What ground do Souths own?

I'm not a big fan of forcibly moving any side, that's AFL's go, but the reality is that Souths have to do something.

And seriously Bumble, you loaded the question to get aggressive responses and you go 'em but I'm not sure that delving into the past will help Souths cause now....

The game has moved on but Souths seem to be treading water.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
It's not being a hypocrite if your club has enough money and is getting good crowds in.

Souths are spending money they are getting from moving to a stadium that only ever fills up for Origin or the Grand Final. If they get Braith, Bell and Orford and still don't become contenders then where are they? In an even bigger stadium with even less atmosphere that no fan really enjoys going to.

yankeeboy

Juniors
Why the hell are Souths moving to the Telstra Stadium? They can't get a 10k crowd in a 40k venue right now. What do they expect that stadium will look like with 70,000 empty seats?

I think that Souths should move to North Sydney Oval, Cronulla should move to the Central Coast, and St George-Illawarra should take over Toyota Park.

perth sharkie

Juniors
yankeeboy said:
I think that Souths should move to North Sydney Oval, Cronulla should move to the Central Coast, and St George-Illawarra should take over Toyota Park.

And we could move Melbourne Storm to Brisbane, Brisbane to Townsville and North Queensland to back down to Illawarra. Then it could be like a game of musical chairs.