What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you Pay Talagi $600k a Season

TheRev

First Grade
If we havent already got Talagi I think we would struggle to get him now with the market opening up.. plus these big losses and the injuries starting do not help our cause.

Dragons.wow

Juniors
I went back on fox to listen to what Warren Smith said and he definitely said that Talagi chose to take up the option for 2025 ‘after some to-ing and fro-ing’.

How the f**k would that news not have come out earlier?

Dragon David

First Grade
We have a talented under 19s blues centre in Nsw Cup sign Tamale asap . You should see his highlights on his tries the kid has speed and a step HELLO get it done .
Tamale has strength and determination in attack. Some say his defence isn't great and unfortunately our defence coach would not improve him sadly. He reminds me of Matt Timoko who is the centre for the Raiders who has strength and determination so Ricky could have a double if Tamale signs with the Raiders, which I hope doesn't happen and that our club offers him a better deal. Seeing that Warren Smith has said that Talagi has taken up a years option to stay at the Eels, we need Tamale to take Lomax's spot (centre or wing).

TheRev

First Grade
Im hoping Smith got it wrong.. if we have missed him after months of behind the scenes... and what others have mentioned was a done deal.. and we still gave up lomax with nothing in return.. i cant even comprehend what this means for our 2025 roster.

The only way Parra keep him is if Gutho goes to ctr and Blaize fullback, but what that means Lomax to take Sivos wing spot.. ffs.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
No I would not pay Talagi $600K a season. Reason: he has not been tested for long enough in first grade. Another reason: He is deficient in defense.
Yes, why import a talented kid who can attack great, but whose defence is a bit suspect? We have plenty of our own kids in the lower grades who can do that!

TheRev

First Grade
Talagi is basically in every try Parramatta score.. hes quite often the one creating the space.. and he can cover a range of positions.. plus unlike Sloan... hes already battle-hardened, absolutely loves contact & the high ball at 19.. sheez.

We dont have any kids remotely like that.. well.. I mean we have LKT who plays purely as a 6 and who didnt stand out in cup in a few games last year.. and we have BRumble who has only played a handful of games in flegg due to injury.. he creates a tonne of points.. hes definitely a weapon when hes on the field... but hes very immature in his development, and I havent really seen him in contact or defensively.. like hes prob 2yrs behind Blaize.

If we cant even secure 19yr old Talagi after being in the box seat and months of prep work.. its an indication that we are going to go back to reserve grade to fill our Top30 for next year.. we wont replace Lomax, the Feagais and potentially Tamale and Bird.

Latest posts