What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you sign Aaron Woods?

wibble

Bench
To think the Bulldogs might get rid of Graham for Woods is laughable.

Graham will bleed for his club. Everything he says is a passionate defense of his club and his players. His "flaw" is that he gets too passionate, but when you contrast that to Woods you can see that it not such a flaw.

Woods would play for Newtown if he signed for the Sharks, so I might say we would consider signing him, for whatever the minimum reserve wage is, to keep T-Rex and Tagatese on their toes in reserves.

Spot On

Coach
No problem paying him rep forward (60 min prop) money at all.

Thing is though, rep forward money for a prop in my mind is apparently double (and a bit more) what the market is apparently prepared to pay. And some of the bludgers that aren't rep standard don't play much more than half a game. It's insane the money they are being paid.

I'd entertain paying the very best prop in the game maybe 75% of what these bludgers like Woods and co want but I wouldn't like it.

f**king Keiran Foran runs harder at the line than some of these would be rep props.

Danish

Referee
The only reason I'd sign Woods is if he were passed out drunk and my signature looked suspiciously like a drawing of a penis on his face

davi

Juniors

Graham will bleed for his club. Everything he says is a passionate defense of his club and his players. His "flaw" is that he gets too passionate, but when you contrast that to Woods you can see that it not such a flaw.

Exactly. Josh Reynolds has also came out and suggested Woods should not be recruited at the expense of Graham who is their captain and emotional leader. Graham may go over the top sometimes but he exemplifies a player who is loyal and is passionate about the game. He could have taken the easy option of staying at St Helens cashing in his pay checks, but came over to the NRL for one simple reason to prove himself in the toughest competition in the world. He plays for the right reasons, and I rather take him over some of these pampered athletes who care more for ($$$, twitter, and winning on the curtails of an already successful club).

Clifferd

Coach
He's your typical ball playing prop. In terms of effectiveness at our club I honestly rate Ava and Sue above him as a prop...

He would not be missed at all imo

big hit!

Bench
tigers should sign him, and take the burgess twins off our hands too.............as a return favour for taking farah

Walt Flanigan

Referee
One of the smartest things Craig Bellamy does is cheap-out on front rowers. I like a good front rower but no team should be forking out for them.

We sure learned that lesson during the Furner years.

Woods would play for Newtown if he signed for the Sharks, so I might say we would consider signing him, for whatever the minimum reserve wage is, to keep T-Rex and Tagatese on their toes in reserves.

I'd love Graham but it's a long shot to happen.

On a side note, are you a Blackadder fan per chance?

Paullyboy

Coach
One of the smartest things Craig Bellamy does is cheap-out on front rowers. I like a good front rower but no team should be forking out for them.

We sure learned that lesson during the Furner years.

An argument could be made that we're not far off going down that path again at the moment.

Clifferd

Coach
An argument could be made that we're not far off going down that path again at the moment.

That's to worry about a couple years down the track. Main focus this year for you guys is to win the Comp which I think is well within grasp

Travelling along nicely with 3 wins on the trot & flying under the radar

Walt Flanigan

Referee

I don’t think so yet. But we’ll be heading that way when it comes to Boyd, Paulo and Tapine’s next contracts. I don’t think we’ll be able to keep all of them.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
A player like woods would be a good fit in canberra to replace Vaughan but too much money and hes acting like a dick.

There is a great metre eater under all the bullshit but man is the bullshit a problem right now

Hawkins

Juniors
Canberra signed Dave Taylor so you know we've got our own issues. Of course he doesn't play in first grade and we got him for a pack of two minute noodles and a second hand Harry Potter book so you never know.

Latest posts