What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you support your team in the 2nd division?

Would you support your team in a 2nd division

• Yes

Votes: 78 95.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters

bazza

Immortal
If there was a system of promotion and relegation in rugby league and at the end of each year the team that came last in the NRL got demoted to a 2nd division and the team that one the 2nd division got promoted to the NRL what would you do.

Would you still support your team in the 2nd division knowing that if they won they could go back up to the NRL?
Or would you change your support to a top division team or give up on rugby league all together and watch another sport?

ozbash

Referee
Would you still support your team in the 2nd division knowing that if they won they could go back up to the NRL?

absolutely.

JoeD

First Grade
Would the 2nd div be televised? It would be hard to support a team that you weren't seeing either live or on TV every week

butch82

Juniors
just wondering next yr how many games will be on game day?
2 or 3?
will they have their feeder clubs playn?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I will always support the Eels. I actually have as big an interest in the Premier League team as the NRL team. If there was a second division it would need to have some sort of media coverage though for when they play away. Whether that be newspapers, TV (ABC2) or internet or any combo of these.

Freak2

Juniors
I guess te big word in this poll is SUPPORT.

There is a massive difference between a fan and Supporter.

I'm sure teams in any 2nd tier comp would have ample fans still but would they still get the support required to financially sustain their existence???

The Preacher

First Grade
I attend quite a few "Premier League" and "Jim Beam Cup" games, and I suppose if my side from the NRL was relegated, I'd be seeing a f**king lot more of the lower divisions.

I obviously don't want to see it happen (and I doubt it would any time soon) but I imagine I'd probably become even more passionate about the club if it were "relegated"...

Supporting a semi-pro team in a lower division is a completely different experience for a fan - can be definitely more intimate and rewarding.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yes definately,

The best chance to compete in the NRL is winning on the field rather than come up with millions of dollars to meet the criteria.

It wont happen in Australia though.