What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrestlemania 29 Predictions

Final WM 29 Card

*WWE champion The Rock vs. John Cena.

*World champion Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger.

*CM Punk vs. The Undertaker.

*No Holds Barred, Triple H's Career on the line: Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman vs. Triple H with Shawn Michaels.

*WWE Tag Team champions Daniel Bryan & Kane vs. Dolph Ziggler & Big E. Langston.

*The Shield vs. Big Show & Randy Orton & Sheamus.

*Mark Henry vs. Ryback.

*Chris Jericho vs. Fandango.

*Tensai & Brodus Clay & Naomi & Cameron vs. Team Rhodes Scholars & The Bellas.

*Pre-Game: WWE Intercontinental champion Wade Barrett vs. The Miz.

So, who do we think will win?

Big Pete

Referee
The Rock will beat Cena
Del Rio will beat Swagger
Taker will beat Punk
HHH will beat Lesnar
Team Zig-E will win the tag straps
The Shield will beat Team Smackdown. Orton will turn heel.
Ryback will beat Henry
Fandango will beat Jericho
The Dancers will beat the Nerds and Hos

P Diddy will set a global record and send a million people to their bathrooms while he performs.

All in all, it will be a solid show but members on here will act like it's the worst show of all time (until the next PPV).

WYD

Juniors
Cena
ADR
Taker
Lesnar
Ziggler/E
Sheild
Ryback
Fandango
Dancing Fools
Miz

I can't see where the 4+ star match is going to come from on this card. Taker will have to work a completely different match from the abortions he's been involved in at recent WM's. HBK will ruin the Brock/HHH match, not that the last one held a candle to Brock/Cena anyway. Rock/Cena won't deliver, I doubt it will even deliver as a spectacle, will be funny to see Cena booed out of the building though, now's the time to pull the trigger on that heel turn.

I'm surprised you're picking Rock BP. Care to expand, I'm a little out of the loop here. I also have a feeling we'll see Superkick/Pedigree but it's just too f**king stupid, I refuse to pick that.

Big Pete

Referee
Just an impression I'm getting listening to Meltzer.

Seems like the WWE generally likes the odd shock result here or there and with the card shaped the way it is the only result that will achieve that reaction is the main event. I can see The Rock winning and since he's scheduled for Extreme Rules, Cena turning heel in the build up leading to John finally getting his win (ala Rock/Austin) and building his heel run as champion.

I'd much rather HHH/Lesnar be the 'shock' result but I can't see it happening. HHH is HHH and with Michaels in his corner it basically ensures he isn't losing.

azzah72

Bench
I wouldn't be so sure about HHH winning.

It's been known for at least a year that HBK wants to have one last match at WM30 against HHH.

I felt that HBK was kind of rushed into this which is making me think that perhaps, just perhaps, they may use this as the little spring board to start the feud.

Due to the stips, they can both have a break for a while, Brock can move on to better things and they can re-ignite it in a year.

Just a thought.

Rock/Cena can go either way, I just feel there will be a Austin/Rock WM17 heel turn in there.

Rock can go for revenge at extreme rules and get really pummeled by cena, taking him out and cementing him as a full blown heel.

In saying that, WWE has had at least 4 good chances to turn Cena heel over and didn't go for it, so who knows.

If they ever do, they can only hope for the same reaction Bully got at lockdown & I think the Rock is the only face that COULD help get that reaction, if not at WM, maybe ER.

Last edited:
Winners:
Dwayne Johnson
Alberto Del Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooooooooooo
Taker
Lesnar
Ziggy and Big-E
Shield
Ryback
Jericho
Not the overweight team
Bazza

ggmu

Juniors
Rock
Swagger(Ziggy to cash in and take title)
Taker
Lasnar
Team Hell No
The Shield(Orton heel turn)
Ryback
Fandango
Tensai & Brodus Clay & Naomi & Cameron
Barrett

Parra Pride

Coach
Rock > Cena
HHH > Lesnar
Del Rio > Swagger
Ziegler > Del Rio (cash in)
Taker > Punk
Ziggler/Big E > Team Hell No
The Shield > Sheamus/Orton/Show
Fandango > Jericho
Ryback > Henry
Miz > Barrett
Rhodes Scholars/Bellas > Overweight Jobbers

deemac77

Juniors
I cant get over how bad and irrelevant some of these matches are...
Anyways, here goes.

Cena
Lesnar
Swagger
Undertaker
Ziggler/BE
Shield
Y2J
Ryback
Miz
Rhodes Scholars

Cessaro dosent even get a look in at a match it seems. Kinda looking forward to the Ryback-Mark Henry stouch. I think Henry has come along way. He was just dawdling along in WWE for years. When he got aggressive and started injuring people in his World Title phase he was pretty cool.
And well, what a debut for Fandango huh. Not 1 match in WWE yet gets a match with a future HOF at his debut Wrestlemania. Poor jobbers like 3MB would be spewing. Is there even a Womens title match? I kinda like Kaitlyn but no one even come close to Beth.

nöyd

Staff member
Final WM 29 Card

*World champion Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger. - Swagger to go apeshit after the bell, put on the ankle lock, Diggler ca$hes in

*CM Punk vs. The Undertaker. - no hope in hell but I'd like to be the only one to tip it

*No Holds Barred, Triple H's Career on the line: Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman vs. Triple H with Shawn Michaels. - I expect to see at least 5 crotch chops

*WWE Tag Team champions Daniel Bryan & Kane vs. Dolph Ziggler & Big E. Langston. - Diggler will have the WHC, no need for another strap

*The Shield vs. Big Show & Randy Orton & Sheamus. - because they have to, a loss doesn't hurt the other 3

*Mark Henry vs. Ryback. - i honestly do not care

*Chris Jericho vs. Fandango. - seems like Jericho's in a mood to give the younger guys a rub

*Tensai & Brodus Clay & Naomi & Cameron vs. Team Rhodes Scholars & The Bellas. - because the Bellas are hot and I'm a bit of a Cody mark

*Pre-Game: WWE Intercontinental champion Wade Barrett vs.The Miz - meh

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Cena heel turn, he's just announced some new fundraising thing for the Make A Wish foundation, unless it's his way of committing to something charitable before all the mums and kiddies start calling him a merkin lol

afinalsin666

First Grade
Final WM 29 Card

*No Holds Barred, Triple H's Career on the line: Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman vs. Triple H with Shawn Michaels.

*WWE Tag Team champions Daniel Bryan & Kane vs. Dolph Ziggler & Big E. Langston.

*Mark Henry vs. Ryback.

*Chris Jericho vs. Fandango.

So, who do we think will win?

This is what i want as a fan. Only reason I'm not going D Bry is because I'm a bit sick of this run. And big e is freaking hilarious.

Misanthrope

Staff member
John Cena beats The Rock :-(
Undertaker beats CM Punk :-(
HHH beats Brock Lesnar :-(
Team Hell No drop the gold
The Miz wins
Del Rio wins
Dancing Fatties win
Ryback wins
Shield had better f**king win
Fan....dan....go

Bulldog Force

Referee
Hate to say it, but I think Cena will win as The Rock won last year, so it's Cena's turn, plus Rock can't be champion forever as he needs to go back to Hollywood. At least Rock losing to Cena has credability, where as loosing to a nuffy won't!

Alberto Del Rio will win, at which point an Angry Jack Swagger will beat him senseless afterwards, allowing Dolph Ziggler to cash in his MiTB briefcase!

Undertaker - no doubt.

Triple H should win this one given what happened at SummerSlam.

Daniel Bryan and Kane should keep their gold - as Dolph should walk away with the WHC at the end of the night. Big E winning a title on debut? Please...

What better way to end the Shields dominance than on the biggest stage of them all?

*Mark Henry vs. Ryback.
If the rumors of Mark Henry retiring after WM are true, then the writing is on the wall for this match.

*Chris Jericho vs.Fandango.
If Fandango finally debuts, then, even though it's rare to lose in your debut wrestling match, I think Y2J will get retribution for all the attacks Fandango does when Jericho is layed out after a match.

Nothing match, but going with the faces.

Miz to win title back at WM.

Valheru

Coach
Wade Barrett to retain

Tensai and Brodus

Jericho to put Fandango over

Ryback will destroy Henry

I hope the shield win, those blokes are stars. It would be better without an Orton turn but if that si they way it has to be for them to win then so be it.

Big Zig should win which will start the Bryan/Kane feud

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that Brock could win this. HHH barely wrestles as it is and in any event WWE ignore career stips when it suits them anyways. I also hear Brock has a title reign as part of his new contract.

The Undertaker will win – no doubt about it

I would think ADR will win. TBH I can’t remember a title match at mania that I care less about.

I would be stunned if the Rock won. Cena will win and get his payback for last year.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Daniel Bryan and Kane should keep their gold - as Dolph should walk away with the WHC at the end of the night. Big E winning a title on debut? Please...

Would be far from the first time that a debuting worker has won a title. Most who have done it did it without several months of TV time to establish them, either.

What better way to end the Shields dominance than on the biggest stage of them all?

I couldn't disagree more strongly. The storyline gains nothing from having them lose here (assuming the WWE have some long term goal in mind with the Shield angle). It's a much better opportunity to turn Randy Orton heel and further build Shield's momentum.

That said, I have no idea what the WWE have planned for Shield. They've been treading water for months with these three man matches.

Meth

Staff member
What I'd like;

Cena- wish Rock never won it in the first place. I can't see Rock signing on for a longer stint, can you? So I also think Cena will win.

Del Rio- Swagger is a bloody mid-carder.

CM Punk- but he won't. The Undertaker will definitely retire with the streak in tact.

Lesnar- Triple H should have retired from the ring at last year's Mania. But honestly, I'm not sure who will win this one.

Don't care about any of the other matches.