What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrestlemania XXVII thread **SPOILERS**

All discussion of the big dance goes here

GUEST HOST: THE ROCK

FINAL CARD

WWE TITLE
The Miz (c) vs John Cena

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Edge (c) vs Alberto Del Rio

NO HOLDS BARRED MATCH
Triple H vs The Undertaker

GRUDGE MATCH
CM Punk vs Randy Orton
All of Nexus banned from ringside

GRUDGE MATCH
Michael Cole w/Jack Swagger vs Jerry Lawler
Guest Referee: 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin

GRUDGE MATCH
Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio

MIXED TAG MATCH
John Morrison, Trish Stratus & Snooki vs Dolph Ziggler & Lay-cool

UNITED STATES TITLE
Sheamus (c) vs Daniel Bryan

8 MAN TAG MATCH
Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater vs Big Show, Kane, Vladimir Kozlov & Santino Marella

Last edited:

DB

First Grade
I have a feeling after raw that we may see Alex Riley as guest referee in Cole vs Lawler

Bulldog Force

Referee
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Tag_Team_Match_for_WWE_s_WCW_Nitro_DVD_Triple_H_Retirement_Talk_More.html

- For what it's worth, Triple H has told people close to him that he plans on retiring from the ring in the next year.
Read into that anyway you like...

Has that stipulation been confirmed? I have yet to see it and most sources other than the observer have not mentioned it.

I don't think it is, I was reading spoilers for Raw and the general point HHH was making was he's done everything except beat Undertaker at mania, blah blah blah, I just assumed the stipulation was made, I'll change it now.

Big Pete

Referee
Now that I think about it, I really haven't enjoyed the build up to this year's show.

Firstly, the Taker/HHH feud has spawned from out of the blue and screams 'oh s**t we didn't have any feuds, quick let's throw two vets together to increase buys'. Apparently this match had been thought up as early as August, so why did they have The Undertaker come back and lose to Kane on three succesive PPVs and get buried alive by Nexus only for him to return straight into a feud with Hunter who he himself was engaged in a feud with Sheamus?

This is the type of booking people call TNA out on but right here right now I'm going to say it's s**t. I'm sure the match will be good (well, that depends on what HHH shows up, if it's Thor, then forget it) but at what cost? Surely these two vets could have at least given their respective up and comers some kind of worthy acknowledgement.

Then there's John Cena vs. The Miz, which really seems like the after-thought match because at the moment the WWE are going over and beyond to make the sole focus of Cena's character to be on The Rock, heck he just came out and called The Miz average and took away the only advantage The Miz had by force. Again, I think this should be a reasonably good WWE style main event but what does that matter when fans won't care about the match until The Rock comes out and either shakes Cena's hand or whoops his ass and bails on the company to go film another mediocre action/family movie?

Then you have Orton/Punk in a 'well I hope CM can save Orton's face run' match.

Edge vs. Del Rio where Edge will likely run Rio through a standard car-wreck of an Edge match.

Then who knows with the rest of the card?

You have Lawler giving Cole the ultimate commupance which would have made sense if Lawler hadn't been presented as a joke for the past 17 (or is it 18?) years in the WWE...

Morrison is apparently tagging with divas and taking on Ziggler and his team of divas.

Nexus is taking on a band of faces.

Mysterio is giving Rhodes his biggest break.

And Bryan/Sheamus will have a match that won't get nearly the right amount of time it deserves.

And the whole show is going to be built around an actor who's already buried the two main eventers and probably won't be seen again for months and won't give anybody a worthy rub.

I really don't hold high hopes for this Mania, I'll still watch it but once Rocky leaves I reckon business will dwindle.

Taking a wild guess, I will say the ref will be someone old, Piper up to it?
Observer is reporting Austin will be Special Guest ref.

EDIT: Although that wouldn't make much sense considering Cole's comments on Smackdown. The guy he described was one of the most flamboyant stars in WWE history and in a word is 'awesome'. My guess is A-Ri, surely they won't have Miz pulling double duty.

Last edited:
Observer is reporting Austin will be Special Guest ref.

EDIT: Although that wouldn't make much sense considering Cole's comments on Smackdown. The guy he described was one of the most flamboyant stars in WWE history and in a word is 'awesome'. My guess is A-Ri, surely they won't have Miz pulling double duty.
Confirmed today on Raw, Steve Austin is the guest referee.

I don't get the swerve, why does Austin care about King/Cole? Then again, having Austin around is a good thing, so I guess I can't complain.

I don't get the swerve, why does Austin care about King/Cole? Then again, having Austin around is a good thing, so I guess I can't complain.

Michael Cole came to the ring with a contract for the role of guest referee of Cole vs Lawler at WM27 (can you see where this is going?). He said that his guest referee was a legendary Texan and former WWE Champion (I'm guessing Raw was in Texas). Cole's choice was JBL, who came out to the Alberto Del Rio rips off my limo entrance limo. Bradshaw ripped on Texas, which brought out Steve Austin. Cue stunner for JBL, Cole bails, and Austin signs the contract. Beer bash follows, Cole wears a heap of beer, and JBL eats another stunner.

Big Pete

Referee
It's a stretch, but Cole has been ragging out his best friend JR for awhile...

Or SGL's answer.

Michael Cole came to the ring with a contract for the role of guest referee of Cole vs Lawler at WM27 (can you see where this is going?). He said that his guest referee was a legendary Texan and former WWE Champion (I'm guessing Raw was in Texas). Cole's choice was JBL, who came out to the Alberto Del Rio rips off my limo entrance limo. Bradshaw ripped on Texas, which brought out Steve Austin. Cue stunner for JBL, Cole bails, and Austin signs the contract. Beer bash follows, Cole wears a heap of beer, and JBL eats another stunner.
Doesnt sound like it would hold up in court

Yeah, I read the spoilers, it still does seem a little random. Austin doesn't exactly have a history with King or Cole, but as I said, if Austin is there I can't really complain.