What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrist slitting?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
he Sharks are desperate for centres after missing out on Daryl Millard, who re-signed with the Bulldogs, and Webster.Beau Scott is going on the open market and almost certain to leave the club while Nigel Vagana (South Sydney) and Phil Bailey (Wigan) depart at the end of this season.
"We're not slashing our wrists but we do need to recruit at least one centre," Cronulla chief executive Greg Pierce said.

jc155776

Coach
Still dont know why we dont take the gamble and throw Baileys, Scotts and Vaganas mone all at Lyon....

Frenzy.

Immortal
steveb69 said:
they may have already..

They have. Sharks can't get anywhere near what Lyon will get. We has too many retentions and upgrades to attend to

ghoti

Bench
I think we've got the talent in the lower grades to develop for next season without the need for signing a sub-standard centre (i.e. Delaney.) I've mentioned it before, but we have an array of guys there waiting for a shot at first grade for less money than these in demand centres that just aren't much better. Kelly, Robinson, Raftery, Moke, Nielson and the like are all players that given the time and resources will come up through the grades and go well for us.

We have to continue looking to our youth. We've finally learnt to bring through guys like Douglas, Kingston, Williams and Hilder who've performed for us, it's time to continue using our young blokes for results in the future.

!fullback!

Juniors
isnt it great to be a PL centre with cronulla at the moment. these kids know they are surely going to get a run in first grade pretty soon

jc155776

Coach
Frenzy. said:
They have. Sharks can't get anywhere near what Lyon will get. We has too many retentions and upgrades to attend to

Thx for that. I can understand the focus on retaining players, at the moment the way we are going it makes sense. Any rough idea what we can offer (estimated guesses even) compared to what he will get?

Shark

Bench
f**king make a centre!

Get one of our more mobile 2nd rowers into some sprint training and make another Hymie.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The "talk" is Lyon will command $450k a season.

The "talk" was we went somewhere near $250k for Webster and missed out.

2006 is the year to be a centre off contract.

Frenzy.

Immortal
_1839229_bradbury300.jpg

The club should also look at back up plan, if Wigan get relegated only allowed 1 o/s player and that is barrett, there should be talks to bailey that in case of wigan being relegated that we can get him back at the club.

I would also be just waiting a little longer, there will be some quality centres not happy at current clubs seeking release.

This guy could be a good centre and off contract Tame Toupou