What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WT’s Pathways

Vic Mackey

Referee
Shame for Wests going down to Parra in the semi, were the better team but just couldnt ice the important moments. Losing Faguutu in the first half hurt them in the back end of the game. I read that half the Eels team had played Flegg or NSW cup so they were much more experienced then the Magpies who have 8 of the 13 in their first year of Ball.

Kit Laulili and Tallyn Da Silva are moving upto Flegg this week and would say a few other others will join them in the coming weeks

Shame for Wests going down to Parra in the semi, were the better team but just couldnt ice the important moments. Losing Faguutu in the first half hurt them in the back end of the game. I read that half the Eels team had played Flegg or NSW cup so they were much more experienced then the Magpies who have 8 of the 13 in their first year of Ball.

Kit Laulili and Tallyn Da Silva are moving upto Flegg this week and would say a few other others will join them in the coming weeks
100%

Putting results aside Wests are doing the best thing with these kids in development. This is a massive step up from SG to Flegg. Usually they would go back to club footy and probably go through the motions but keeping the intensity up in training and preperation by having them Flegg is the best thing for them. You have to remember that they were training for the SG Ball campaign which is 9 weeks plus Semis, now going into the Flegg squad, their season doesnt finish till August then its Semis so conditioning and endurance might have to change.

I can see Faguutu and Da Silva maybe getting a couple of games off the bench for NSW cup but Laualilii and Millar might get held back and stay in Flegg. Have to remember these guys are only turning 18 this year.

Also Sol Saukuru has gone to Flegg as well. He can handle it easy.

Also Tallyn Da Silva has been appointed an assistant Coach for Wests Tigers U14s for this season. In 1 of my previous posts i mentioned that these teams train once a week and play maybe 2 games but the intention of putting these teams together is to get them ready for Matts in a couple of years. Love the fact Tallyn is giving back and helping the youth

Tigerm

First Grade
100%

Putting results aside Wests are doing the best thing with these kids in development. This is a massive step up from SG to Flegg. Usually they would go back to club footy and probably go through the motions but keeping the intensity up in training and preperation by having them Flegg is the best thing for them. You have to remember that they were training for the SG Ball campaign which is 9 weeks plus Semis, now going into the Flegg squad, their season doesnt finish till August then its Semis so conditioning and endurance might have to change.

I can see Faguutu and Da Silva maybe getting a couple of games off the bench for NSW cup but Laualilii and Millar might get held back and stay in Flegg. Have to remember these guys are only turning 18 this year.

Also Sol Saukuru has gone to Flegg as well. He can handle it easy.

Also Tallyn Da Silva has been appointed an assistant Coach for Wests Tigers U14s for this season. In 1 of my previous posts i mentioned that these teams train once a week and play maybe 2 games but the intention of putting these teams together is to get them ready for Matts in a couple of years. Love the fact Tallyn is giving back and helping the youth
I realise we certainly need to develop players and in ideal world that is fantastic but f**k, the club needs to do better now, not in 5 f**king years.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Why rush guys through to play with a team finishing stone last. If it's the last 6 rounds and we have less than a miracles shot of winning then sure but not now. Now we need to be patient, bide our time and get it right. If we have the balls and the brains to do it then we could become like Penrith, a production line of talent. Rush it and f**k things up for the sake of a a win just to keep the dipshits on nrl 360 happy and we end up taking two steps backwards.

Last edited:
!00% Gordsy

Imagine the confidence these kids are building then to lose it all by being thrown into a 1st grade game where their team is low on moral and struggling. Could almost make a kid give it away

gordsy

Juniors
Not sure how I feel about the signing of Fulton. It means Warren "no one else will sign me or my son" McDonald is now in charge of pathways which is concerning. As for signing Fulton I was happy when I heard other clubs were looking to sign him, much less so when I heard those clubs were the Knights and Saints.

Tigerm

First Grade

Team List:

1. Trey Peni

2. Harry Henson

3. Josh Feledy

4. Compton Fuatimau

5. Jay Kirk

6. Mikey Tannous

7. Zane Cameroux

8. Herman Tofaeono

9. Danny Ghantous

10. Jackson Owen

11. Sione Vaihu

12. Cody Kelso

13. Cayne Nicholas ©

Interchange:

14. Tallyn De Silva

15. Tray Lolesio

16. Trystan Ball

17. Iverson Matai

18. Mitchell Chester

Tigerm

First Grade
On Instagram, a young half from the Dogs is making his debut this weekend for us, Iverson Matai. Apparently has some potential?

Latest posts