What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WT’s Pathways

Nutz

Bench

‘He’s got a really big future’: Koroisau praises teenage sensation​

He is regarded as one of the best young talents in either league or union.​

ETHAN LEE CHALK
WRITER | AUGUST 28, 2024 - 9:30AM

The Wests Tigers may have five playmakers contracted for next season:
However, another playmaker could find himself out of the door.
A student of Scots College, Onitoni Large, has been described as the best in rugby league or rugby union after captaining the Junior Wallabies and earning representative honours with the U16s.
SmartSelect_20240828_185059_X.jpg
As the Tigers attempt to keep him, more than 12 clubs have displayed an interest in Large, and they have been made aware of his exceptional and rare talent, per
The Daily Telegraph.
He could also potentially move to the 15-man code, where he has already been awarded the Junior Wallabies captaincy and plays for Scots College.
“He's the best 16-year-old I've ever seen," one player manager told the publication.
Large signed a five-year contract with
Tim Sheens However, his manager, Craig Baker, admitted that his future remains uncertain at the Tigers.
A key figure in the Western Suburbs Magpies' run to the Harold Grand Final, Large was unfortunately ruled out of the backend of the competition due to injury.
His brother Ashton Large is also contracted with the Wests and plays as a hooker. Ashton will likely be contending with Tallyn Da Silva in the future to become the club's future No.9 following Apisai retirement.
“When we signed under Sheensy he said he'd be there for five years,” Baker told The Daily Telegraph.
“They sold us a pathway to first grade under Tim. There has been a lot of significant change since then.
“They've made decisions to bring other halves that was not consistent with what we were told.”

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
“He's the best 16-year-old I've ever seen," ...
“They sold us a pathway to first grade under Tim. There has been a lot of significant change since then.
“They've made decisions to bring other halves that was not consistent with what we were told.”

He signed a 5 year contract as a 16 yo and his manager is having a hissy fit already. I mean come on. If he is good enough he'll get to play.

Nutz

Bench
He signed a 5 year contract as a 16 yo and his manager is having a hissy fit already. I mean come on. If he is good enough he'll get to play.
Sign of the times Tiger.
Soon, we'll be putting clauses into birth certificates stating that if he's good enough, he's old enough.

Latest posts