What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF? Footyshow!!

shiznit

Coach
Hey guys... i know theres already a footyshow thread... but i thought this may justify its own thread.

i was watching a NZ sports show where they announced that the footyshow put out a press release saying that they were going to have a big announcement from SBW 2moro night.

assuming all the rumours are true and the bloke signs with the NZRFU...

WTF is a RL show doing announcing a RU player switching RU clubs??

are they that desperate for ratings they would promote an opposition code??

im both a RU & RL fan... and i like the footyshow... but even so... i find this unbelievable..

with all the talk about RL promoting the AFL by picking Izzy in Origin... this just stuns me..

Eels Dude

Coach
Sounds like the time when they had Andrew Johns on the show to make a big announcement when he was considering RU. The big announcement was.... drumroll.... "I haven't decided yet".

nrlnrl

First Grade
Hey guys... i know theres already a footyshow thread... but i thought this may justify its own thread.

i was watching a NZ sports show where they announced that the footyshow put out a press release saying that they were going to have a big announcement from SBW 2moro night.

assuming all the rumours are true and the bloke signs with the NZRFU...

WTF is a RL show doing announcing a RU player switching RU clubs??

are they that desperate for ratings they would promote an opposition code??

im both a RU & RL fan... and i like the footyshow... but even so... i find this unbelievable..

with all the talk about RL promoting the AFL by picking Izzy in Origin... this just stuns me..

A gossip columnist fills his reports with "exclusive" propaganda junk on behalf of people if they'll talk to him & pretend to be his mate. Sonny Bill is one of these people...

This "major" announcement about him will be used as a hook to bait people into watching tomorrow's Footy Show. No thanks....

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The game has no control over it. Let 9 do it, they pay wages for some players after they retire to be on the show. Good on em.

Usain Bolt

Bench
I heard it was because 9 has the rights to the Tri nations and Rugby World Cup next year and they are trying to promote rugby? lol

nrlnrl

First Grade
As Usain Bolt mentioned it's part of Ch9's push for their rugby coverage from 2011 & the publicity agent will also mention the fight on Mundine's card, but the whole thing will hardly be a scoop.....

This from http://www.radiosport.co.nz/SportsNews/sprug/Detail.aspx?id=176944

The NZRU snares Sonny Bill Williams

6/10/2010 7:00 AM
williams_sonny_toulon.jpg
Photosport
Sonny Bill Williams has been successfully lured home by the New Zealand Rugby Union, rejecting big money from Toulon

The New Zealand Rugby Union has successfully lured Sonny Bill Williams home.

Williams is set to announce later tonight on Channel Nine's Footy Show he is rejecting a big money deal in the vicinity of six million dollars over three years from Toulon to sign with the NZRU.

Sydney Morning Herald journalist Brad Walter, who has been breaking news on the story for a while, says Williams has rejected the offer from Toulon to pursue his dream of being an All Black and he will confirm that tonight. He says it is a massive coup for the NZRU.

Williams is making the announcement in Australia because he is currently preparing for a boxing bout on June 30 in Brisbane.

Last edited:

LazyDreamer

Bench
The Footy Show & channel 9 commentators are little to do with league & all to do with ratings & station sponsorship.

Honestly, they would promote kitten sodomisation if (a) it rated, or(b) a kitten sodomising company wanted to sponsor the show.

They're the TV version of News Ltd's Plainly Tellingcrap daily toilet paper.

F*** channel 9. F*** them in their stupid asses.

nqcowboy87

Bench
Sounds like the time when they had Andrew Johns on the show to make a big announcement when he was considering RU. The big announcement was.... drumroll.... "I haven't decided yet".

exactly, itll probably go something like "um i havent made a decision yet, im just letting my manager do his thing, but i got a fight coming up"

The Footy Show & channel 9 commentators are little to do with league & all to do with ratings & station sponsorship.

Honestly, they would promote kitten sodomisation if (a) it rated, or(b) a kitten sodomising company wanted to sponsor the show.

They're the TV version of News Ltd's Plainly Tellingcrap daily toilet paper.

F*** channel 9. F*** them in their stupid asses.

im guessing theyre trying to suck up to him, hoping he will resign with a league club

Latest posts