What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF? Footyshow!!

LazyDreamer

Bench
im guessing theyre trying to suck up to him, hoping he will resign with a league club

Meh. They'd kidnap a world war two veteran, put him hog-tied in a bath & pi$$ all over him if they thought it'd rate.

It's all about the 'scoop' and having something on that Matt Johns doesn't.

nrlnrl

First Grade
exactly, itll probably go something like "um i havent made a decision yet, im just letting my manager do his thing, but i got a fight coming up"

im guessing theyre trying to suck up to him, hoping he will resign with a league club

No ](*,)- he's signed with New Zealand Rugby Union so he can play for a provincial side & earn a spot in the All Blacks side for the 2011 Rugby World Cup.

It's a big publicity stunt for him & also mentioning his fight on the Mundine card on June 30 PLUS the start of Channel 9's promotion of their rugby union coverage that starts next year ( Super Rugby & 2011 RWC )

DeeJ

Bench
Williams is set to announce later tonight on Channel Nine's Footy Show he is rejecting a big money deal in the vicinity of six million dollars over three years from Toulon to sign with the NZRU.

I would love if he tried to make everyone aware that this is his agenda, so we can all have a laugh at the irony.

Swamp

Juniors
Williams has rejected the offer from Toulon to pursue his dream of being an All Black and he will confirm that tonight. He says it is a massive coup for the NZRU.
I love the way how these code-hoppers always have some line about pursueing their dreams to become an All Black, Wallaby, fumbleballer etc. Why would someone spend 5+ years becoming a NRL player if their real dream was to play elsewhere in another code? For SBW, surely it would have already been a reality if this was actually the case. He would of played RU as a kid!

Swamp

shiznit

Coach
I love the way how these code-hoppers always have some line about pursueing their dreams to become an All Black, Wallaby, fumbleballer etc. Why would someone spend 5+ years becoming a NRL player if their real dream was to play elsewhere in another code? For SBW, surely it would have already been a reality if this was actually the case. He would of played RU as a kid!

Swamp
spot on mate... its about the money... the dream in most cases is rubbish.

Brad Thorn is the only bloke ive seen thats gone for the actual 'Dream'.

Usain Bolt

Bench
spot on mate... its about the money... the dream in most cases is rubbish.

Brad Thorn is the only bloke ive seen thats gone for the actual 'Dream'.

If it was about the money SBW would of taken the Toulon offer dont you think?

hutch

First Grade

he isnt eligible until his old bulldogs contract is up at the end of 2012. i hear he is only signing his union contract for 18 months so perhaps he has a view of returning to league after he achieves his "cough" dream of playing for the all blacks.

Greenbits

Juniors
Why are they giving this defector air time?

How long till he cracks the sh*ts with the NZRU and takes off back to France unannounced for more money?

Parra Guru

Coach
$BW. What a waste of 10 mins. Great way to give NZ rugby a 10 minute plug. Well done channel 9.

Has he always spoken like English is his second language??

What an oxygen thief.

gallagher

Juniors
Sam Newman on it last week, cutie on the Johns show last week. These shows didnt get me viewing this week and wont for a while.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Sonny Dill is a wanker of the highest order! He f**ked over league in the worst way and these idiots at 9 constantly let him plug himself with every other sport the wanker can play except RL, isn't the footy show a RL show??? :crazy:

fourplay

Juniors
Ch9 have the rights to the next union world cup so of course they want to plug it. It will probably be even worse next year or whenever it is.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Who will channel 9 have on next week? the last 2 weeks they've given air time to AFL and Rugby, I guess some soccer player will be on next week

Nothing new having other sports represented on the show. They've done it many times before.

And yes Football will probably be featured on the Footy Show next week.

On a lighter note, did anyone see Robbo almost get KO'd by Timana Tahu when he stuck that veg in his face?. lol!.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
he isnt eligible until his old bulldogs contract is up at the end of 2012. i hear he is only signing his union contract for 18 months so perhaps he has a view of returning to league after he achieves his "cough" dream of playing for the all blacks.

Interesting. Doesnt necessarily mean he will sign with a League club, but he will no doubt use NRL clubs as bargaining chips.

Latest posts