What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF... (Report at NRL.com)

Cryptic

Juniors
What the hell is with the report on www.nrl.com that was writen by "Steve Jancetic"... Did the Raiders mascot rape and kill his mother or something? Never read such a piece of rubish in my life...

"normally so bad away from home they would struggle to beat the under-8s in the Canberra Stadium carpark"

Go f**k yourself Steve Jancetic... f**king Bulldogs fan crying in his f**king milk... Total disgrace to journalism (not that it has much credibility anyway).

http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=51629

It's not just the NRL website. The Tele and The Herald both used "Raiders of the Lost Bark" as the headline, but barely mentioned the Raiders in the articles. People in Sydney barely know the Raiders played last night.

I suspect the NRL.com report was written by Steve "Sulky" Folkes masquerading as a journalist.

Just like the NRL article, the papers made lots of mentions of the Bulldogs injury list, as well as quoting "Sulky" saying "we have lots of injuries, it's not an excuse - it's a reason".

Pathetic! The Bulldogs still had more Origin players than The Raiders. As did the Broncos last week.

I don't care what the names are. If you out the first choice fullback, winger, centre, hooker and two second rowers, you've lost a big slice of your salary cap pie. There's been no mention of that in the Sydney papers in the last two weeks with the Raiders wins over the Broncs and now the Dogs. They were gutsy wins by the least experienced roster in the NRL.

A club is a good as it's reserves. If a club chooses to use it's salary cap in a top heavy way, where 4 or 5 "marquee" players take the lions share of the salary pie, it means they can't afford good back up. That's their choice. It's pathetic when they then sulk and blame injury and origin for poor performances.

Dear Tele, Herald and NRL.com,

The Raiders were on fire last night. They are young and keen. They'll have slip ups, but they can take more fancied teams apart. Look at the TAB odds before the match, and compare them to the score at the end. Ignore them at your peril.

Bay56

First Grade
Same on 2KY this morning .. all the talk about how bad the Dogs were but not much mention about the Raiders ... had the Dogs beat the Raiders I'm sure it would have been how courages the Dogs were with so many palyers out.

Par for the course until we regain repectability.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
Same on the Sunday footy show.

Ben Ikin crapped on for ten minutes about how bad the dogs were and how much difficulty they're having with injury. Thank christ Sterlo pulled him up and gave us the credit we were due.

green eyed mike

Juniors
Same on the Sunday footy show.

Ben Ikin crapped on for ten minutes about how bad the dogs were and how much difficulty they're having with injury. Thank christ Sterlo pulled him up and gave us the credit we were due.

I thought Ikin was ok, he was talking about how the Raiders were missing 9 or 10 regular first graders. This was after he went on about the Dogs woes for a while but I thought it was one of the better reports I have seen on the Raiders in a long time.

Mick_63

Juniors
I dont get why you guys still get upset about the reporting,its been happening for ever.
In Sydney the Raiders have a reputation for punching above their weight and the occassional upset,more frequent under Elliot.
To rise above this level all we have to do is keep improving and win in Sydney.
But,in general those commentating/reporting on league are inept.

Macko8

Juniors
What the hell is with the report on www.nrl.com that was writen by "Steve Jancetic"... Did the Raiders mascot rape and kill his mother or something? Never read such a piece of rubish in my life...

"normally so bad away from home they would struggle to beat the under-8s in the Canberra Stadium carpark"

Go f**k yourself Steve Jancetic... f**king Bulldogs fan crying in his f**king milk... Total disgrace to journalism (not that it has much credibility anyway).

http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=51629

wouldnt get too upset with it champ.
sounds like a jackarse

if we won the premiership for the next 5 seasons in a row people still wouldnt talk about us.

Chachi

Bench
1. Zillman
2. Purtell
3. Graham
4. Chalk
7. Dobson
8. Logan
9. Withers
10. Learoyd-Lahrs
11. Costigan
12. Plum

...all out of our top 25. It's amazing we were able to field a team.

Last edited:

Latest posts