What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF Ricky Stuart to coach The Broncos next year

lockyno1

Post Whore
Please be true, Stuart is a premiership winning coach. Nothing has convinced me that Henjak will ever be that as he is a poor coach in more ways than one.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Plays players out of positions, continually keeps dropping a few of our best forwards such as Sims, and does not have the nuts to make harsh but fair decisions. A few of our players are being picked on their 2008 form!

Reasons to keep Henjak

1. Made the Finals in his first year as a senior coach
  2. In his second year as coach he got to within a game of the finals with the youngest squad in the NRL.

To a certain extent i agree with you about Sims however when he was picked he was very inconsistent, as for playing players out of position every coach is forced to do that when a team is hit by a number of injuries as the Broncos were this year, Henjak will however learn from these mistakes and become a better coach.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i'll aslos point out that when bennett was coach dave taylor couldnt get much of a start either. what we don't see away from the match is players attitude to training and other things. whilst i think sims should have gotten more of a run this year i have no idea what his attitude at training was like.

when he was in firts grade he didnt exactly set the world on fire either, i'mk more interested what happened to setu

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I thought he got injured. And then didn't return because he wanted to get ready for his mission. Maybe i was wrong

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Yeah I think he did get injured but I think a couple of times during the season he was dropped.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
He must have been left out due to his brain explosion potential. But the dude has some serious skills!

i thought when he got moved to the front row he did a lot better. it simplified things for him and he didnt "have" to create. once he stopped running a million miles off the try line things improved as well

whykickamoocow

Juniors
if the story is true about the players not being happy with him due to his man management and so on I think the Broncos have to bith the bullet and get rid of him but not for Stewart and if the stories bullsh*t i think he deserves to stay. As for Stewart he's overrated and destroyed both clubs he's been involved with. Lockyno 1 saying he's a premiership winning coach is overstated, anyone with the slightest bit of rugby league knowledge could have coached that team to a premiership. I think you need to base his coaching ability on what he was able to achieve at the Sharks, a club like the Broncos this year that were in a rebuilding phase and Henjak certainly did a better job than Pricky Stuart. As for coaching the Australian team, getting some wins up there is a pretty easy thing to do. Personally if they do get rid of him I'd like to see some Broncos greats with coaching experience get a crack, someone like Kevie Walters or Terry Matterson. If they can't get any of them why not have a go for Kearney, better still let the Eels have him and we can take Anderson.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
According to Lockyer there is no bad blood between the senior players and Henjak. But of course he will say that... I guess we will never really know the truth.

But if it is true that Henjak forced Lockyer not to play then why would he let Wallace play when he was clearly busted. Doesn't make sense to me...

bronco_buddy

Juniors
Stuart would be a cancer on the club, just look at the 2 trainwrecks he's left in his wake.
I think the high standards the club and fans have has given the media fuel to speculate the future of Henjak, just because we didn't make the finals this year.
At the start of the season looking at the playing roster ( & let's not forget minus the incumbent Qld & Aus centre and a major cog in the wheel K. Hunt), Henjak would of had some realistic expectations, making the finals may not have been one of them.
Yet as the season progressed he was looking to build a team, his team for the future.
The instant success the Broncos have had in recent years has somewhat clouded the need to look at the future and as the salary cap is evening the clubs out and the comp becomes tighter I think Henjak has done enough to build this current team into a very successful one for the next 3-5 years.
With Hannant, Hodges & Inglis to be available next year I think the headlines will be alot different in 12 months, he may even be Dally M coach of the Year

DeeJ

Bench
If Ricky Stuart came to be coach our team would be filled with rejected second rowers from the Sharks and the Roosters.