What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE No Mercy Thread * Includes Spoilers*

thuganomics

Coach
NoMercy2004_logo_000.jpg

Thread used for all talk about the SD! PPV taking place in October.

Current matches:

King Booker vs Lashley *Unconfirmed*
Mr.Kennedy vs Undertaker
Batista vs Finley

Rumoured:

Matt Hardy vs Gregory Helmes
Rey Mysterio vs Chavo Guerrero

thuganomics

Coach
World Heavyweight Championship
King Booker (C) vs. Lashley

Steel Cage Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero

Undertaker vs. Mr. Kennedy

Finlay vs. Batista

Big Pete

Referee
Slightly interesting card although I doubt it will top either Vengence or Unforgiven.

Undertaker vs. Mr. Kennedy will be the most interesting match. Will Taker job? Also how will he job? Will Kennedy get enough offence in to look credible.

King Booker vs. Lashley is pretty much a filler World Heavyweight Title match IMO. Lashley in my eyes is still too green to be heavyweight champion. Also this is just my opinion, but out of all the monsters we've seen (Goldberg, Lesnar, Batista etc.) he seems the less threatening. He looks like he's going to give you a big hug rather than bash you up and rip you open which is what Goldberg and Lesnar both had, Batista to a lesser extent.

Big Pete

Referee
It'd be a extremely stupid move IMO. It doesn't help either wrestler if Taker wins the US Title. The US Title looks much better on Kennedy, and it would IMO take away the credibility of Taker and the US title away.

Big Pete

Referee
Yes it would be, although I remember last year they did give the IC title to Flair, so you do bring up a good point.

Sanchez

Coach
so that makes it rather unlikely he will get title runs apart form maybe one last run as world champion

PARANoIR

Bench
Taker v Kennedy isn't for the US Title.

They havent said anything so far to suggest otherwise, it would be stupid having Taker in a US title match.

They should have Kennedy drop the title in a fatal fourway or something.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The only result I'll accept from Taker vs. Kennedy is a Kennedy victory. Undertaker gains nothing from beating Ken Kennedy, whilst Kennedy has everything to gain. It would be even worse than Hogan booking himself to beat Orton. At least Hogan gained something (albeit very little) from beating the so-called Legend Killer.

Big Pete

Referee
CWB with Hogan I think it's different because with him winning it carries a lot of nostalgia with it. Although I agree if Orton had of won it would've done a lot more for his career, however it's probably what he deserves based on his suspension.

Big Pete

Referee
Also a DQ finish does nothing for either wrestler. If Taker wins by DQ it just shows Kennedy is a cheater and can't cut it as a Main Eventer. While if Kennedy wins by DQ...well why would they even go down that road to begin with?

PARANoIR

Bench
Big Pete said:
Also a DQ finish does nothing for either wrestler. If Taker wins by DQ it just shows Kennedy is a cheater and can't cut it as a Main Eventer. While if Kennedy wins by DQ...well why would they even go down that road to begin with?

Well, its really the only possible thing. Because do you honestly think Taker will job to Kennedy? And they won't wanna halt Kennedys momentum by jobbing him out to the Undertaker.

Theyll probably have Taker beat the hell out of Kennedy, then Kennedy will get pissed off and hit him with a chair or something.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Theyll probably have Taker beat the hell out of Kennedy, then Kennedy will get pissed off and hit him with a chair or something.

If they're going to go that way, I'd be less surprised to see Taker being disqualified. That gives Kennedy something to boast about (since he's technically the winner) and it makes Undertaker look like he's a sadistic SOB ala Batista a few months ago.

PARANoIR

Bench
CWBush said:
If they're going to go that way, I'd be less surprised to see Taker being disqualified. That gives Kennedy something to boast about (since he's technically the winner) and it makes Undertaker look like he's a sadistic SOB ala Batista a few months ago.

Indeed, I thought about that when i wrote that, and I thought, nah theyve already done that once with kennedy this year...but now having thought about it more, i realise that they probably could do it again. because its vince. and hes silly.

Latest posts