What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Valheru

Coach
Night 2 better than night 1 this year IMO

The main event was a decent wrestling match but a phenomenal sports entertainment spectacle.

Logan Paul could be f**king anything if he ever had a full time run. The bloke just gets it.

BennyV

Referee
I was so convinced that Ambrose was coming down with Seth when the Shield music hit. Cena taking out Solo was awesome, but the Undertaker being shoehorned in was random as. I thought they’d bring out Lesnar to take out The Rock (after his ‘passing of the torch’ to Cody last year) or if not, then just a bunch of people who still held a grudge against the Bloodline - Randy, Knight, Owens, Sami, etc. The only advantage of Taker was that it fed into the Rock disappearing which was needed to actually finish the match.

Anyway, highlight of the weekend was every time Samantha Irving had a microphone in her hand.

Eelectrica

Referee
I was so convinced that Ambrose was coming down with Seth when the Shield music hit.

Anyway, highlight of the weekend was every time Samantha Irving had a microphone in her hand.
Yep. The longer the Shield music played, the way the commentators were reacting, I started to wonder. My thoughts were: "What is going on? Could they?" But no.

It was like believing in Santa and the Easter Bunny again for a those few seconds though, so that was cool. Realistically Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley wasn't going to show up, but there's always that slight ray of hope some deal could be worked out.

Still it was an amazing main even executed pretty much perfectly.

shiznit

Coach
Yep. The longer the Shield music played, the way the commentators were reacting, I started to wonder. My thoughts were: "What is going on? Could they?" But no.

It was like believing in Santa and the Easter Bunny again for a those few seconds though, so that was cool. Realistically Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley wasn't going to show up, but there's always that slight ray of hope some deal could be worked out.

Still it was an amazing main even executed pretty much perfectly.
Mox just cut open his forehead at the thought of him making a cameo…

The storytelling on night two was amazing

Drew telling Seth his obsession with Roman would cost him the title…only for Drew’s obsession with Punk to cost him.

Seth being Cody’s shield and it literally costing him everything.

Overall an amazing main event. Taker was a bit random but I guess Austin said no. Would’ve had a huge mark out moment if they put Goldust into that slot (if he wasn’t there then there was no chance Dean was showing up).

MRN

Juniors
Night 2 shat all over night 1. You want an awesome reasonable length 1 night WrestleMania? Drop the 6 man tag and put Gunther v Sami in that slot. Solid mania at 3 and half to 4 hours. If you needed pre show matches I'd say Rhea v Becky and/or the tag team ladder match.
The main event was crazy overbooked, but it's what we were all expecting, just all out absurdity, Avengers Endgame style. Undertaker only enhanced that in the absence of Austin. I personally didn't buy for a second that Mox was there when the Shield music hit but they obviously leaned into it to get people thinking and for the pop when really it was an opportunity for the chair shot call back, which I guess made more sense if Seth is in Shield attire.

MRN

Juniors
Anyone see that AEW showed the CCTV of Punk/Perry altercation where Khan was "scared for his life". Haha absolutely pathetic. Made Perry and Khan look like bitches. A bit of push and shove and grapple. About the same as we see on the NRL field every week.

Eelectrica

Referee
Anyone see that AEW showed the CCTV of Punk/Perry altercation where Khan was "scared for his life". Haha absolutely pathetic. Made Perry and Khan look like bitches. A bit of push and shove and grapple. About the same as we see on the NRL field every week.
Handbags at 10 paces came to mind when I saw the footage

MRN

Juniors
So apparently Austin didn't turn up in the WrestleMania spot because they couldn't agree on the appearance fee. On one hand, cmon Austin take discount for the fans and the moment. But on the other, respect for knowing his worth and not wavering I guess. Undertaker as assumed, was plan B.

___

Juniors
Night 1

Rhea Ripley (c) defeated Becky Lynch by pinfall.

I actually thought that Becky was going to win, so it was good to see Rhea win and consolidate her place as possibly the best women's athlete in the game today. It would be awesome to see her feud and go up against Jade Cargill sometime in the near future.

A-Town Down Under (Austin Theory and Grayson Waller) and The Awesome Truth (The Miz and R-Truth) defeated The Judgment Day (Finn Bálor and Damian Priest) (c), #DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa), The New Day (Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods), and New Catch Republic (Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate) by retrieving the SmackDown and Raw championships, respectively.

I don't generally like tag team matches, but this was a ladder match with many participants in it. It was a thoroughly entertaining match, perhaps the most entertaining of the night. I really think though that WWE should only have ONE Tag Team championship, and the other should be a Tornado Team championship (the type of match where all 4 wrestlers are fighting, and no 'tagging' is required). It was also good to see a second Aussie winning in a row - both in championship matches. Sure Grayson Waller is annoying as but puts the Aussies firmly onto the map.

Rey Mysterio and Andrade (with Carlito, Cruz Del Toro, Joaquin Wilde, and Zelina Vega) defeated Santos Escobar and "Dirty" Dominik Mysterio (with Angel, Berto, and Elektra Lopez) by pinfall.

This pretty much was the expected outcome, but I didn't expect Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson to play a part in this.

Jey Uso defeated Jimmy Uso by pinfall.

Expected result.

Jade Cargill, Bianca Belair, and Naomi defeated Damage CTRL (Dakota Kai, Asuka, and Kairi Sane) by pinfall

Again, expected result, but was good to see Jade Gargill wrestle. I'm not sure what was with her attire. It's as if she cut her hair and had some kind of line painted down the middle of her body. I'm not sure why.

Sami Zayn defeated Gunther (c) by pinfall

Yet again, expected result.

The Bloodline (The Rock and Roman Reigns) (with Paul Heyman) defeated Cody Rhodes and Seth "Freakin" Rollins by pinfall.

So there were some things overlooked in this match that should've gotten the Bloodline disqualified like low blows etc... but everyone wanted a big main event for Night 2 with Bloodline rules, so this was the outcome that most wanted given what was going to take place on night 2.

Night 2

Drew McIntyre defeated Seth "Freakin" Rollins (c) by pinfall

I though Seth would win. What happened next though...

Damian Priest defeated Drew McIntyre (c) by pinfall

I don't like it when a championship match is won at a PPV and someone cashes in MitB shortly after, because it makes that match appear useless. The prior match was good and should've ended after that. This kind of set up a Punk v McIntyre feud.

The Pride (Bobby Lashley, Angelo Dawkins, and Montez Ford) (with B-Fab) defeated The Final Testament (Karrion Kross, Akam, and Rezar) (with Scarlett and Paul Ellering) by pinfall

There was absolutely no control by Bubba Ray, but that's what made this match somewhat entertaining. I enjoyed it and it didn't go on forever.

LA Knight defeated AJ Styles by pinfall.

This was a meh match. AJ Styles appeared to be the face for this match for someone who doesn't watch wrestling that much, but seeing him as the heel made the entrances somewhat odd.

Logan Paul (c) (with IShowSpeed) defeated Kevin Owens and Randy Orton by pinfall

We all knew that when 2 faces are up against 1 heel, they would turn on each other, and that's what happened. The same thing also happens when 2 heels go against 1 face, they always turn on each other. Predictable outcome.

Bayley defeated Iyo Sky (c) by pinfall

As expected.

Cody Rhodes defeated Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) by pinfall

This match lost it's meaning when Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Solo Sikoa, John Cena, The Rock, and The Undertaker all made appearances, but the outcome everyone wanted at last years WrestleMania took place.

There were three reasons to show the footage
1. To build a storyline - it did not do this
2. To suggest Punk was lying - from what we saw it was what he said happened, and not a very exciting version
3. A desperate ratings grab - and here we are. Watching Schivone’s reaction said it all, even Tazz looked embarrassed.

it honestly made me think of WCW announcing Foley was winning the title on Raw. They thought they were being really clever but they just directed even more traffic to Raw.

I get the sense that TK is Michael Scott, more interested in being liked that being respected.