What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

BennyV

Referee
Jade was signed from AEW around Summerslam. She’s green as all hell so has spent a ton of time in the performance centre training. They’re playing the long game with her though.

Surely they do Mami vs Lynch. With Punk out that probably main events night 1.
Whatever she's doing in the PC is working! As I said, megastar!

I don't think the timing works for Mami vs Lynch. There'd need to be a big build for that considering Lynch just lost clean to Nia in a pretty huge match. I'm sure they (Becky and Rhea) could make it work well but I think it would feel forced.

I'd personally like to see Rhea in something with a bit more venom and aggression. There's possibly a good story with Liv or Nia but I don't think they have the star power to match Rhea. But whether she passes the torch or uses it to solidify her position, she needs a big story and feeling to go with the match.

Punk injured so they’re pulling the trigger on Rock/Roman and doing Cody/Seth too. The reaction to this is less than positive. Rock/Roman was always happening but probably didn’t need the title and seemed like a Saudi match. I guess Roman is keeping the title until Summerslam.

Will be interesting to see how they handle it. Wwe shop copping it as well (people tweeting them they ordered a Cody t-shirt but received a black Adam blu ray).

Feels like another WM 30 situation, will be a good test of HHH’s resolve although there is a slight difference. Mania 30 they avoided the good story to bring back a part timer to have a match that was about 10 years past its peak relevance. This year they’ve built a story for 12 months to pivot at the final hour and essentially retcon a year’s worth of story telling.

shiznit

Coach
I’d loooove to see him go “Hollywood Rock”… it would go nuclear if he did.

Heel Rock was always fun….

Valheru

Coach
Ask and you shall receive. Not sure if we got worked all along or if this was a pivot but that kick off was pure cinema.
They are of course caiming work, I think pivot

Doesn't matter though, they now have one of the most compelling story lines in the history of Wrestlemania. This is Hogan/Savage mania 5 level stuff.

They are of course caiming work, I think pivot

Doesn't matter though, they now have one of the most compelling story lines in the history of Wrestlemania. This is Hogan/Savage mania 5 level stuff.

A few things don’t quite make sense which makes me feel like it’s a pivot, but the way they acknowledged the backlash makes me think it’s a work.

I think we are in for a long term Rock vs Hunter power struggle story, which has around 25 years worth of history.

shiznit

Coach
A few things don’t quite make sense which makes me feel like it’s a pivot, but the way they acknowledged the backlash makes me think it’s a work.

I think we are in for a long term Rock vs Hunter power struggle story, which has around 25 years worth of history.
With Ava GM of NXT and HBK booking you’d think this could stretch right over to NXT.

My sons are seeing heel rock for the first time… I’m telling them if he’s still got it and commits to going full heel they are in for a f**king treat… lol

Valheru

Coach

If it's a work it is pure genius, if it's a pivot it's still genius

It's a damn shame HHH can't go anymore because him and a heel rock in this situation would do huge business as a one off.

All in all this should be a real treat and this is what happens when you have two of the greatest workers and wrestling minds to ever live working together.

BennyV

Referee
I was convinced it’s a work, but thinking now that it’s surely a pivot. If this was the plan from the beginning, theres no way they would have a) had Cody hand over his spot to the Rock, or b) confirmed Cody vs Roman so soon. They would (and should) have dragged it for a couple more weeks to really build the suspense for when it was finally changed.

With Ava GM of NXT and HBK booking you’d think this could stretch right over to NXT.

My sons are seeing heel rock for the first time… I’m telling them if he’s still got it and commits to going full heel they are in for a f**king treat… lol
Heard an idea to rename the dusty classic to a member of the Rocks family.

You also have guys like Punk who have beef both ways. Pure HHH guys like Randy & Balor.

Trips is a guy who does long term stories well, then you have Rock who can make almost anything work with sheer charisma, it’s definitely an exciting prospect.

Mania looking pretty clear now

Cody vs Roman (Rock/Cody night one)
Seth vs Drew
Becky vs Mami
Bayley vs Iyo
Logan Paul vs Randy Orton
Styles vs Knight
Jimmy vs Jey
Judgement Day vs Awesome Truth

pretty solid show they’re building

___

Juniors
https://www.nospam25.net.au/forum/index.php?attachments/1708919623554-png.103068/
Ok time for my Elimination Chamber: Perth wrap.

1. Didn't see it, so don't know, don't care

2. While I really wanted Liv Morgan to win (and I thought she deserved it considering it was her 5th EC), I knew that they would have Becky Lynch win simply so she could challenge Rhea Ripley at WM in what would be a very brutal match. That has WWE written all over it.

3. The match was good until DM kept on interferring. New Catch Republic actually should have won. It was a pretty good match considering it was Tag Team which is generally boring.

The segment with Seth Rollins, Cody Rhodes, Grayson Waller and Austin Theory segment was just a piss break and waste of time. They were just filling in the time slot there and it was completely useless, boring, and achieved nothing.

4. Again, another good match but was over-shadowed by Logan Paul (the Karmichael) interfering. Randy Orton was the best performer in that match and his RKO on Logan Paul to eliminate him was epic. Drew vs Seth Rollins at WM was something I saw coming though.

5. Easily the best match of the night, and was as physical as everyone thought it would be, despite it being very predictable that Rhea was going to win.

Pretty solid without being spectacular type of event.

6/10

___

Juniors
There was a guy holding a sign that said "this should be in Sydney" which I found hilarious when Rhea was making her entrance.

This was obviously a big tourism promo for Western Australia, but I do wish that Sydney would have a big WWE PPV here, but that won't be happening anytime soon.

BennyV

Referee
I haven’t watched much NXT for a few years, but I was surprised by the crowd response to Tiffany Stratton. Seemed to be loads of “Tiffy Time” chants and Morgan even got booed when she pinned Tiffy.