What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
It will count as a screw finish, as technically reigns feet touched first, whereas lesnar never did as he was on the cage, sets up an unwanted 3rd match.

Parra Pride

Coach
It just hit me, they gave Reigns a rematch for no reason so he could get a screwy loss and have a reason for a rematch.

mackdadday

Juniors
That was all pretty forgettable. I didnt realise that WWE had that many wrestlers nobody wanted to see in a rumble.

Yeh pretty Ho hum, lots was supposed to go down but overall it was boring AF

Do you thinking they were using stock footage for the crowd shots? Was hard to tell how in to it they were...

Valheru

Coach
I heard GRR was ok but I won't be watching it.

It is pretty disgraceful that WWE are giving this shit hole of a country all this press and even talking them up.

nöyd

Staff member
I heard GRR was ok but I won't be watching it.

It is pretty disgraceful that WWE are giving this shit hole of a country all this press and even talking them up.
exactly, i find it ultra f**king weird that they put in the hard yards and go to great lengths for around 2 years now to push the womens division to never before seen heights, only to make a big deal about going to a country where the culture dictates that women cannot compete, and on top of that single women aren't even allowed to attend as a spectator.

I saw a few women in the crowd but there weren’t many.

I didn’t get the ringside crowd. Most of them seemed to have no idea what was going on and had zero interest

nöyd

Staff member

I didn’t get the ringside crowd. Most of them seemed to have no idea what was going on and had zero interest

Women that went with their partners were allowed to attend, however single women - as in women by themselves, we're not allowed. Apparently single males were seated in their own section, well away from any of the females that did attend.

Some backstage interviews and/or segments were conducted for tv audiences only and not shown to the crowd as they were having a prayer break.

nöyd

Staff member
dvon.jpg

Valheru

Coach
exactly, i find it ultra f**king weird that they put in the hard yards and go to great lengths for around 2 years now to push the womens division to never before seen heights, only to make a big deal about going to a country where the culture dictates that women cannot compete, and on top of that single women aren't even allowed to attend as a spectator.

Couldn't agree more.

On top of that they had to leave Sami Zayn at home because he is of Syrian heritage and they accidentally included a Backlash promo on the local feed which involved some of the women wrestlers and the KSA state TV cut it off and aired a graphic blasting the "indecent women"

I don't mind Vince trying to make money out of the dump but just go there for house shows and merch, no need to glorify the place with a PPV.

nöyd

Staff member
reports are suggesting the WWE are going back there (Saudi Arabia) in November, which will make it highly unlikely that the rumoured MCG stadium show will take place.

bummer as i was planning on taking my daughter who is heavy into Ronda Rousey at the moment

Corey Graves may not be welcomed back though:

graves_zpssq8txgis.jpg

reports are suggesting the WWE are going back there (Saudi Arabia) in November, which will make it highly unlikely that the rumoured MCG stadium show will take place.

bummer as i was planning on taking my daughter who is heavy into Ronda Rousey at the moment

Corey Graves may not be welcomed back though:

graves_zpssq8txgis.jpg

Nice heel post. Maybe he did it intentionally to get off the next trip

If you wanted a decent seat you had to show up with a woman (families essentially). This whole thing reeked of an attempt to not make this place seem like some backward country stuck in the 1800s. But they paid Vince and co a lot off money so oh well.

Basically it was a glorified house show that got turned into a big event, and just got in the way of things. None of the title matches really meant much and now we can move on to the more important things.