What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE TLC 2012 ***spoilers***

Misanthrope

Staff member
shield.png

TLCWHC.png

TLCMITB.png

With CM Punk having to undergo emergency surgery on his knee and being ruled out for TLC. It has been announced that the titke match will be replaced by Ryback/Hell No vs The Shield. It will be disappointing if Shield lose so soon after debuting, so I expect outside interference (possibly from Ohno/Hero) to see one of the tag champs pinned.

Show v Sheamus will be more of the same as we yawn our way through month three of their feud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parra Pride

Coach
dont tell me John Cena can win the MITB off Ziggler? That would be a f**king travesty.

If Cena does get it I'll take that to mean Rock will be WWE Champ heading into WM, which will then have Cena Vs. Rock, AKA the second once in a lifetime match..

Bulldog Force

Referee
Doesn't the WWE title need to be defended at least every 30 days? If so then CM Punk should have to vacate it right? Real life surgery or not, and I know it's a sad way to end a year+ title reign, but hey, rules are rules!

Special K

Coach
Doesn't the WWE title need to be defended at least every 30 days? If so then CM Punk should have to vacate it right? Real life surgery or not, and I know it's a sad way to end a year+ title reign, but hey, rules are rules!

I am pretty sure they got rid of that rule years ago or at least stopped talking about it.

Could all be a massive work :lol:

Also the MITB thing is so stupid. Why doesn't Ziggler go and cash it in before the PPV and avoiding risking it? DERP

Bulldog Force

Referee
Also the MITB thing is so stupid. Why doesn't Ziggler go and cash it in before the PPV and avoiding risking it? DERP
It doesn't work that way. The contract is for up to a year. Vince has stuck his finger in the pie and twisted it his way. Surprise surprise.

Special K

Coach
What do you mean it doesn't work that way? He can use it any time within the year can he not? or have they changed it to be you can't use it for a year which would make no sense.

afinalsin666

First Grade
The Shield doesn't look like they have much of a chance against Ryback and a united Team Hell No. Here's hoping they put a stip on that says if the Shield win, Punk keeps his belt, if any of the faces win, the pinner/submitter gets awarded the title. With how dysfunctional Team Hell No is, they would attack Ryback when it looks like he could be about to win. And of course attack each other. Then they would start feuding, drop the titles at the Rumble, be in an Elimination Chamber together, then feud til 'Mania. There just needs to be some sort of intrigue in this match, because atm it is pretty dry.

If Ziggler loses the MITB he pretty much has to win the Rumble, surely? I don't understand the hesitation WWE has in building Zig-zag, Daniel Bryan got way over with his title reign, i dare say Ziggler could achieve the same if given the chance. Super Cena better take his kryptonite before the match, or the internet will melt down.

I'm actually fairly keen for Show v Sheamus. They stole the show at Hell in a Cell, and it was a fairly entertaining match at SS, until the finish. Mark Henry v Big Show in the chair match last year was brutal, and i expect this to be no less.

Also, where is the Table Match? Think they are gonna get Barrett v Kofi, or Cesaro v R-Truth to be te token table match? I would love to see Cesaro in a table match, hitting a Neutralizer from the second rope through the table. Would be badass.

Bit more fantasy booking, i would have Ryback lose TLC from Daniel Bryan getting pinned, then keep feuding with Shield through the Rumble. Have him get number 30, via fan vote or some such, in the Rumble, when he comes out the Shield come running out to throw him out, claiming it is unfair that he just got given the most prized entry number in the Rumble. Throw Ryback in an Elimination Chamber, where the other five entrants bash on him for about 5 minutes then pile on top and pin him. The shield belt him as he tries to leave. Ultimately, he gets a 3 on 1 Cage match at WM, so the Shield can't get away from him. He dominates for a fair while, while he has Reigns and Rollins up for a shell shocker, Ambrose clears the wall. Ryback loses, but still looks staunch as hell (see hell in a cell.) Much better then the "Big Show up for a Shell Shocker WM moment" rumor that is going around.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Not a fan of the Ziggler/Cena stipulation, especially since Dolph's contract is for the title Big Show holds (and hence would be useless to Cena if he wants to use it to face The Rock). Hopefully Ziggler gets up.

Another option would be to have Cena win and cash in against Big Show later in the evening. Rock loses to Punk at RR and enters the Rumble instead to earn a shot against Cena.

Leaves Punk free to face Undertaker for the gold at Mania. I'd love to see that match.

Valheru

Coach

This "rule" is only invoked out of convenience...

Big Pete

Referee
I'm actually looking forward to the make-shift match more because the outcome is more unpredictable. I really don't mind who wins on this show, either team could use the victory and there are ways to book it to protect everybody.

Ziggler has to win that match against Cena. It doesn't have to be clean, but he needs a victory against a name like Cena to solidify his status as a main eventer and give him momentum heading into Mania. Cena is Cena and can always be booked strong by the Rumble and won't skip a beat.

Everything else is just bleh to me.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I think having Kane/Bryan in there gives the 'E an easy way to book a Shield win without damaging Ryback's momentum. Have a new member debut (Ohno/Hero, maybe?) and get involved and distract Ryback. While that's going down, the others can get a pin over the occasionally feuding tag team champions.

Or there's the chance the Prime Time Playas could get involved as they're the likely recipients of a tag title shot soon.

Big Pete

Referee
That's certainly one option, the other is whoever takes the fall from the Shield is booted out on the next Raw and they bring up another NXT guy to cover the role (Leo Krugar or Kassius Ohno). It'd be an easy way to turn Rollins face or send a guy like Reigns back to developmental.

It really depends on who they value more & at this stage I think it's Ryback.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Shield going over doesn't necessarily damage Ryback, though. Especially if it's Kane/Bryan eating the pin. That's why a tag match works so much better than a 1 on 1.

Having Shield lose so soon after debuting blunts their impact quite a bit. Similar to how Nexus were pretty much dead within a few months as they were never allowed to be appear stronger than Cena.

Big Pete

Referee
It'd be his 3rd loss in as many PPVs which poses a problem.

Either side deserves the win as much as the other.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It'd be his 3rd loss in as many PPVs which poses a problem.

The issue with booking your unbeatable monster against a champion you have no intention of taking the belt off. Not that he was at all ready to be anywhere near the belt.

Have Ryback pin Reigns. The three winners begin to celebrate only for CM Punk to make his way down the rampway. The three then turn their attention to Punk. Hero leaps the barricade and he, along with the other three, begin beating down the three in the ring. Punk finall makes it to the ring and watches the beatings, smiling with Heyman. More workers flood the ring and the Shield dismantle them, one by one. A broken Cena makes his way down to the ring to cash in his MITB but is beaten before he has to chance to ring the bell and gets his ass served to him.

Cue: Ifff yaaa smeeeelllllllll or DONG! or Glass shattering or Lesnar's music.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Have Ryback pin Reigns. The three winners begin to celebrate only for CM Punk to make his way down the rampway. The three then turn their attention to Punk. Hero leaps the barricade and he, along with the other three, begin beating down the three in the ring. Punk finall makes it to the ring and watches the beatings, smiling with Heyman. More workers flood the ring and the Shield dismantle them, one by one. A broken Cena makes his way down to the ring to cash in his MITB but is beaten before he has to chance to ring the bell and gets his ass served to him.

Cue: Ifff yaaa smeeeelllllllll or DONG! or Glass shattering or Lesnar's music.
What exactly will UT or Stone Cold bring to the table here?