What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Wrestlemania XXXIX

Big Pete

Referee
Wrestlemania XXXIX
Night 1 (Sunday April 2nd AEDT)
Night 2 (Monday April 3rd AEDT)

Undisupted WWE Championship Match
Cody Rhodes vs. Roman Reigns (c)

RAW Women's Championship Match
Asuka vs. Bianca Belair (c)

SmackDown Women's Championship Match
Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair (c)​

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Right now the show is shaping up to be an end of an era. Roman has gone through every possible opponent and while I'm sure the WWE would have liked to have done something with The Rock that was always going to be a pipedream. So they've settled on this prodigal son storyline with Cody and so far they've told the story well despite some obvious landmines.

This is one of those stories that could have easily backfired. The Sami Zayn sub-plot gained a lot of momentum and they could have easily decided it was his time. However they've stuck with their guns and for the time being the fans are with them.

I think this is partially because they've told the story so well they've earned enough goodwill with the fans. I also think it speaks to AEW and how the vocal minority has been attracted to that promotion and the general dissatisfaction with that product.

As far as the women, I think they'll be good matches but it's a shame there wasn't enough interest in Becky/Ronda to have that for the SD title and Rhea Ripley/Bianca Belair for the RAW women's title.

I honestly think they don’t know what they’re doing with Sami. They’re not committing to the Sami/KO tag match against the Usos because they’re worried the fans might turn on Cody. If that happens they’ll do a triple threat.

That said the card is shaking up well I’d like to see something like
Seth vs Logan Paul
Brock vs Lashley
Asuka vs Belair
Rhea vs Charlotte
Gunther vs Drew vs Sheamus
Damage Ctrl vs Becky, Lita & someone
Judgement Day vs Rey, Edge & someoe (Orton perhaps)
Ko/Sami vs Usos
Theory vs Cena
Roman vs Cody

then just pad the rest out with getting those on the card who need to be there

Big Pete

Referee
Apparantly I can't edit the OP but the rest of the card is.

Night 1

US Championship

John Cena vs. Austin Theory (c)

Fatal-Four Way Tag Team Match
Ricochet & Braun Strowman vs. The Alpha Academy vs. The Street Profits vs. The Viking Raiders

Singles Match
Seth Rollins vs. Logan Paul

Six-Woman Tag Team Match
Damage CTRL vs. Becky Lynch & Trish Stratus & Lita

Singles Match

Rey Mysterio vs. Dominik Mysterio

WWE SmackDown Women's Championship Match
Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair (c)

WWE Universal Tag Team Championship Match
Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn vs. The Usos (c)

Night 2

WWE RAW Women's Championship Match

Asuka vs. Bianca Belair (c)

Singles Match
Brock Lesnar vs. Omos

Fatal Four-Way Tag Team Match
Liv Morgan & Raquel Rodriguez vs. Natalya & Shotzi vs. Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler vs. Sonya DeVille & Chelsea Green

Hell in a Cell Match
Edge vs. Finn Balor

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Gunther (c)

WWE Universal Championship Match
Cody Rhodes vs. Roman Reigns (c)​

Big Pete

Referee
John Cena vs. Austin Theory
This was a solid meat and potatos opener. I enjoyed the Make A Wish entrance from Cena and thought he did a great job of working the audience to get the kids over. Otherwise I thought this was a well paced match that achieved everything it had to. Cena got plenty of offence early, Theory heeled it up, Cena made his big comeback but then they do the ref bump finish allowing Theory to go over. Theory gets the big Wrestlemania win and bragging rights and they left enough there for a rematch down the line.

Street Profits vs. Alpha Academy vs. Viking Raiders vs. Strowman/Ricochet

Titus was a riot on commentary. He was the perfect fit because you just needed somebody to have their mind blown by all the crazy big beefy men doing crazy athletic stuff. They did a really good job of pacing this out and it was the right choice to have the biggest babyfaces - the Street Profits going over. I actually think they're both better off breaking out on their own, both Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford have come leaps and bounds but there's nothing wrong with giving them one last hurrah.

I still have the rest of the show to go. This is going to take me a week to get through...

Eelectrica

Referee
No spoilers other than to point out a couple of awesome matches.

This is the firdt Wrestlemania I've watched live in a long time, perhaps ever. I'm enjoying so far.
The Rhea Ripley Flair match was nuts.

The tag match that followed was amazing as well.
Looks like the main event coming up?

Last edited:

Eelectrica

Referee
One thing I like about the two day thing is that the main events actually got the time to develop fully in terms of match time. Sometimes in past Wrestlemania's matches would end when they just got going. Almost like someone was tapping their watch, saying it's time to go now.

On the other hand plenty of down time between matches as well. 15 minutes or more sometimes.
Day 1 I think was better overall which was a bit of a surprise for me. The last 2 matches of day 2 were awesome though.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
First WM in a LONG, LONG time that I watched live. Purely because of Binge lol (watching RAW from 97)
Gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised by the most part.

I'll post a more in depth review in the coming days

shiznit

Coach
My thoughts on Wrestlemania:

Roman vs Cody - I thought Cody should have gone over here. It was built perfectly for Cody and to me it’s only really negative from here for Roman. I get that they wanted a swerve… but I would have much rather seen Jey finally turn on Roman and cost Roman the title and then the next week on Raw have Roman abuse Jey and then make it look like the bloodline is about to completely implode by having all three brothers Jey, Jimmy & Solo about to turn on Roman… only for Jimmy and Solo to then turn on Jey… then you build Jey vs Jimmy fir backlash… give Roman some time off… then build into Jey vs Roman at SS.

Cody can feud with Rawlins, Brock, Gunther etc… or hell… split the belts back up again.

I do get that Cody is probably now more over now than before WM… but IMO he was likely going to be this over anyway…

Rhea Ripley - I seriously hate her as champion. Actually… not as champion… I just hate what they are doing with her. I honestly think the Judgement day is actually holding her back. I think she’s by far the best female in the company and she is a f**king smoke show… like hot as hell… but they don’t f**king show it.

Judgement Day has been brilliant for Dominick and Rhea herself has been the key driver as to why Dominick is getting nuclear heat right now… but I think they limit her ceiling.

I get HHH is probably trying to build her like they built Chyna… with DX and all… but Rhea is on a whole different level as a performer both in the ring and even more so on the Mic…

if they are gonna keep Rhea on in the Judgement Day then I think they need to make her the leader.

The judgement day are decent but Finn & Priest are booked awfully. Basically spent a year jobbing to Edge. The Dom and Rhea stuff is brilliant though. Rhea is a star and Dom get nuclear heat.

Latest posts