What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

X Box or PS2

Which is better for a person who only plays sport games

• X Box

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Paullyboy

Coach
Gday, tomorrow im gonna buy either an X Box or PS2, which is better for someone who only plays sport games?

weasel

First Grade
Xbox. And PES 4 is coming out on it very shortly so PS2 will no longer have the one edge it had for sports titles before.

strong_latte

Juniors
Tough one in my opinion... I have both and a decent PC, I have a couple sports games on XBOX as well as PS2 and while the XBOX has better specs, the PS2 is better to play with your mates (I can't explain why, people just prefer it for that...)
I'd probably have to say the XBOX though.

Corbin

Juniors
i have a PS2 but ive played x box heaps at mates i have to say that PS2 has way more games BUT x box got way beat graphics depends on wat games you like i guess

Munky

Coach
XBox has 4 controller ports from the start.

They both have the same sports games except for a few mostly unworthy exceptions. It is really a matter of personal choice and what other sorts of games interest you.

If you want all action head for Halo/Halo2 and the XBox, the king of action.

For action/adventure try the PS2 for GTA: San Andreas and its excellent range of platformers and RPGs.

LaCuna Coil

Juniors
Top Spin kicks ass... Xbox is the best hands down, sports games run smoothly AND you can get Championship Manager on Xbox... if you're into that sort of thing.

inertia666

Juniors
haha the replied threads and the poll votes don't match up. Goes to show just how lazy PS2 owners are :lol:

seems to me that people think that just because they own something makes it the best. :roll:

An41

Juniors
inertia666 said:
haha the replied threads and the poll votes don't match up. Goes to show just how lazy PS2 owners are :lol:

seems to me that people think that just because they own something makes it the best. :roll:

yer most of the time its like that.

if you match up the pros and cons,xbox wins hands down, i dont own either.

strong_latte

Juniors
An41 said:
inertia666 said:

Spec's don't always win in the end though... look at the success of the XBOX in Japan (the largest consumers of console games in the world), in Japan the XBOX has been an abysmal failure! Whereas the PS2 tops the market followed closely by the nintendo GC (you heard right!)... I told a japanese mate of mine I had an XBOX back home and he just said "oh those things are useless!"

inertia666

Juniors
@strong_latte - VHS became the worlds standard during the 80s even though beta max was a far superior machine. VHS was considered the "best" because of a better marketting strategy and thus more tapes were available.

THe actual question was what was better for sports games and considering you can get all the best sports games for the xbox than you can for the PS 2, then the above story doesn't ring true. It doesn't make a lot of sense to go for a worse machine just because everyone else has one.

It's not just about technicality but flexibility. THe XBOX has so much unlockable potentional that 90% of you guys probably aren't even aware of.

If the ZX spectrum is widely used in Africa and no one gives a damn about the XBOX then ZX spectrum is indeed the best isn't it.

An41

Juniors
strong_latte said:
An41 said:
inertia666 said:

Spec's don't always win in the end though... look at the success of the XBOX in Japan (the largest consumers of console games in the world), in Japan the XBOX has been an abysmal failure! Whereas the PS2 tops the market followed closely by the nintendo GC (you heard right!)... I told a japanese mate of mine I had an XBOX back home and he just said "oh those things are useless!"

sony is japanese so you can imagine the coverage the ps gets in japan. So people would most likely listen to the media and go buy it.

in addition to that japan do have some of their type of games on the ps2 which will attract the japanese consumers,example: NRL2003 this would only attract Australians as japanese games would attract japanese.

^ Pando

retired
Xbox by far. Better in every way. Faster load times, better graphics. No need to buy those stupid memory cards due to the hard drive on the XBox. You can also rip your own cds and have them as the sound track on a lot of games. XBox live is easy to use and popular. I'm sure the PS3 will be a great machine, but if you want a machine now, XBox is the one to have.