What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

X Box or PS2

Which is better for a person who only plays sport games

• X Box

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gaterooze

Bench
One thing no one has mentioned yet is the controls -- the PS2 has MUCH better controllers, especially for sports games.

Overall, PS2 has a far, far (FAR) better range of good games (I'm talking JAP/US imports as well as domestic releases), but if sports games is all you'll be playing and you won't be mucking around with the systems' internals, then it's pretty much a 50/50 choice. Get whichever you can find the best deal for.

macavity

Referee
I just bought (well, had bought for me for x-mas, my girl is spoiling me :p ) a PS2 for 2 games - GTA:SA and GT4.....

Had an X-Box and 27 games. All stolen. With the insurance $$$ I bought a laptop instead (which got stolen a month later. onto the 2nd one).

Although the X-Box is the better system, the lack of Gran Turismo ment I ended up on my PS1 every now and then.... so its time for GT4...

Choppies

Coach
Paullyboy said:
I bought an X-Box (it came with Halo and Top Spin Tennis) - However my only intestest was getting Madden.

I honestly have no interest in Halo or shoot-em-up rubbish so ill sell that Id say coz its still in its plastic packaging and never been opened.

trade it in for an old game at EB or something

Cometshark

Juniors
halo was a let down for me, but top spin is a great game and the new madden is much better on xbox, and the s-type controller which you'd have is far superior to the original.

Paullyboy

Coach
macavity said:
I just bought (well, had bought for me for x-mas, my girl is spoiling me :p ) a PS2 for 2 games - GTA:SA and GT4.....

Had an X-Box and 27 games. All stolen. With the insurance $$$ I bought a laptop instead (which got stolen a month later. onto the 2nd one).

Although the X-Box is the better system, the lack of Gran Turismo ment I ended up on my PS1 every now and then.... so its time for GT4...

Where do you live, Long bay?