What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbox 360 Launch date and price

McLovin

Staff member
wow, that's alot cheaper than i thought. I was expecting this to be around the $750-$800 range. Where did you get this info?? and whats the difference between the "premium" version and the "Core" version...

sh*t, i herd ps3 was upwards of a grand, xbox 360 also has an exclusive fifa rtwc 06 game which i shall pick up, will they have a GTA game? still cant believe the price!!

gaterooze

Bench
Connell said:
and whats the difference between the "premium" version and the "Core" version...

The main difference is the Premium has a Hard Drive, and the Core doesn't.

HUGE drawback, but it's obscene charging an extra $150 for a 40gb HD.

Be aware that to play old Xbox games (backwards compatibility) you need the Hard Drive (i.e. the Premium version).

IMHO it's really not worth upgrading yet. In a few months the price will come down a fair bit, and better games will be available.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
KrypnotiK said:
sh*t, i herd ps3 was upwards of a grand, xbox 360 also has an exclusive fifa rtwc 06 game which i shall pick up, will they have a GTA game? still cant believe the price!!

Are you serious? FIFA Road to World Cup 06 is X360 only? man that sucks!

Back on topic I don't see the point in releasing the "core version" no one will buy it.

bulldog

Bench
If the thing can be easily modded I'd definitely buy the core version and slap in my own HDD, bugger paying $150 for a 40 gig.

Morenito

Juniors
bulldog said:
If the thing can be easily modded I'd definitely buy the core version and slap in my own HDD, bugger paying $150 for a 40 gig.
It will be a matter of time really.

P.I.M.P

Juniors
Where did you get that from? From all the sites ive been on it says early 06. no particular date has been set.

Premium - Hardrive, you can play old xboxgames on it, Wireless controller, Dvd playback kit.

Core - no hardrive, you can't play old xboxgames on it, Cordless controller, no dvd playback kit i don't think.

McLovin

Staff member
So basically the premium edition gives you a memory card for an extra $150??

Jono078

Referee
P.I.M.P said:
Where did you get that from? From all the sites ive been on it says early 06. no particular date has been set.

Premium - Hardrive, you can play old xboxgames on it, Wireless controller, Dvd playback kit.

Core - no hardrive, you can't play old xboxgames on it, Cordless controller, no dvd playback kit i don't think.

Same thing?

I think you meant the core package comes with a controller with a cord ;-).

McLovin

Staff member
Jono078 said:
Same thing?

I think you meant the core package comes with a controller with a cord ;-).

Surely they're both wireless. I doubt they'd be that tight...

gaterooze

Bench
Re: the PS3 price, looks like it will be a lot cheaper than first thought (around the same as the Premium X360).

PS3 to launch at under $400; will ship with media bundle

Gamesindustry report Sony CEO Howard Stringer has given the clearest indication yet of the company's launch plans for PlayStation 3, stating that the next-gen system will enter the market at between $300 and $400 when it arrives in mid-2006.

Me, I'm not thrilled by either. The Nintendo Revolution, on the other hand...

Latest posts