What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbox or ps2?

[furrycat]

Coach
I've always liked the PS2 better, mainly because of the controllers. I can't stand those big bulky Xbox and N64 controllers...

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
sharkboy said:
Dont go a PC- The other sytems are specifically for games...so are therefor better for games and you have to update computers and the new games always need faster computers.... PS2 and X-box stay standerd for much longer.
I'd go for the PS2, coz its easier to controll,

wat have you been smokin???? if you already own a computer you can buy a 128mb video card for under $200 which is cheaper than ps2 or xbox and the graphics are 2 times better than xbox and almost 3 times better than ps2 a good pc would be quicker than an xbox you have tons more space 2 saves games ect you can listen 2 music at the same time you can buy game pads that r easier 2 use than both ps2 and xbox, and games are heaps 2 buy on pc than xbox or ps2 LAST TIME I CHECKED TETRIS FOR XBOX WAS $50 FOR GODS SAKE!!! and even though xbox games and ps2 games stay standard for ages the games get shit compared 2 pc after 2 years.......i had a 8mb video card for 4 years and only last year did it stop been able 2 handle new games and you cant get patches 2 edit errors for xbox or ps2 your cant create your own jerseys or edit the game a good pc is 50 times better than xbox or ps2

Caged Panther

First Grade
1. The sliver ps2 is a big rip off you pay almost $80 more than a standard ps2 for what? An extra contoller (worth $50) and the fact that it is silver

2. Of course the Ps2 has more games its been around almost 15months longer than the xbox

3. The psx is not a replacement for the ps2 it is sony's attempt at producing a gameboy type system

4. I agree that the hard drive in the xbox is a great feature not for the whole music thing but simply because you dont have to fork out $70 for a memory card.

5. The vast majority of games come out on both systems anyway (even so called exclusive titles like GTA make it out on both eventually)

6. If you ever want to play online with your console (even if in the future) the xbox live setup is far superior to sonys playstation.

somethingwithjohn said:
i personally think the ps2 is a lot better,
yes the xbox may have better graphics,sound ect ect but its not that much better the ps2 has alot more games and alot better games.

look at games like
GTA and GTA:VC
NBA LIVE 2004
WWE Smackdown:Here Comes the Pain (now this game totally blows xboxes raw 2 away)
Pro Evolution Soccer 3

and many many more

GTA double pack hits xbox in January with a full make over in ever department (read all the posts dude)
NBA Inside drive kills Live Which is also on xbox!
wrestling sux
soccer yeah thats cool":)

halo!!
doom 3
Topspin
half Life
Rainbow Six 3
Perfict Dark Zero
the list goes on but my dinners ready

HBG

Juniors
I own a PS2, but I think I will lean towards the PC version. I have a few gamepads, and I figure it will be easier to customize, in terms of bringing in extras etc. Bring on my Geforece FX5200 128mb card with TV out. :)

SurfyPunk

Juniors
Caged Panther said:
3. The psx is not a replacement for the ps2 it is sony's attempt at producing a gameboy type system

If you don’t know what you’re talking about keep your mouth shut.

The PSX IS a replacement for the PS2. Link

The PSP is the portable gaming device that Sony is launching.

thomo

Juniors
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
*The new beast pack is mad value for money its under $400and u get 2 great games, a dvd controller and a extra controller
That pack came out just after I bought my XBOX a couple of weeks ago. I spent $300 for the console and another $50 for an extra controller. :(

Have only got Tiger Woods 2004 and Madden 2004 at the moment but they are both brilliant games (even though I don't know what the hell I'm doing in Madden - especially in defence!).

The music feature, where you store your own songs and then include them in games, is feckin fantastic. 8)

Caged Panther

First Grade
SurfyPunk said:
Caged Panther said:

If you don’t know what you’re talking about keep your mouth shut.

The PSX IS a replacement for the PS2. Link

The PSP is the portable gaming device that Sony is launching.

:lol: :lol: In any case it still doesn't change the fact that the psx isn't the successor to the playstation 2, the psx simply takes the playstation 2's guts and packages them together with various other things to make it an all in one home entertainment system. The PS3 is the replacement for tthe ps2 and at the earliest won't surface till mid 2005 in japan and more likely later 2005. Which means you might see it in aust about late 2006.

Special K

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
Priddo said:
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
*Xbox has a 8GB Hard drive (I have 2000 songs on my XB hard drive its amazing!

is it just me who finds that stupid....i mean u have a computer yet u want music on your console...what purpose does that serve use a cd player or ur computer or foxtel ffs

So you can play your own songs while playing a game. Of course it isnt essential, but it one of the many advantages that X-BOX has over the outdated PS2.

Do you know how good it sounds when i am playing racing games and im listening to what music i want to here over the roar of the engine? Not the crappy soundtracks that they usually put in games.

And anyone who says the X-Box controller is too big cannot use that as an excuse anymore. The Controller S is now the standard controller which is packed with the console and they actually dont even make the larger one anymore.
and also when your playing a wrestling game you can use the guys update themes, old themes and for your created ones you can use what you want :D

I've got both PS2 and xbox and I'll be getting the game on my xbox for sure.

SurfyPunk

Juniors
Caged Panther said:
:lol: :lol: In any case it still doesn't change the fact that the psx isn't the successor to the playstation 2, the psx simply takes the playstation 2's guts and packages them together with various other things to make it an all in one home entertainment system. The PS3 is the replacement for tthe ps2 and at the earliest won't surface till mid 2005 in japan and more likely later 2005. Which means you might see it in aust about late 2006.

:lol: Yeah, I was in a bit of a mood last night when I posted that ;-) (had just got $150 and 3 point fine). Personally I think that they are only releasing the PSX so that they can push back the PS3 to 2006, but id be happy if they proved me wrong :D .

daslacker

Juniors
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
daslacker said:
Thanks for all your help everyone.
I bought a xbox 2day and happy
with my choice.

Cool enjoy it, if ya have any questions on what games are top notch just give me a shout

Actually buddie what games should look
at getting?
i got tiger woods 2003,project
gotham and i got brutal force and midtown
madness with it.
I'm gunna get burnout 2 as well
but what else is good?

dan siego

Juniors
the playstation2 version would be better as
A. controlls far superior
B. I own a ps2 not an x box.
C. Sony made sure the game was perfect by knocking it back a couple of times. They odviousely have higher standards.