What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Xerrigate

Kilkenny

Coach
Just who were the shady characters who convinced him to go down the roid path? And who tipped off ASADA? I think the answer lays very close to home.

Xerri is a 19 year old kid. Who advised him? Where did he get the drugs from? Who prescribed them? Why did he go down this path given then obvious dangers and risks? Did he do it with the clubs knowledge? There are so many questions around what has occurred? I don’t get it, frankly. The risk/reward for his alleged actions are just to much to even contemplate and he is clearly going to pay the ultimate price with a potential four year ban from the game costing him potentially $2 million dollars in earnings.

Noise

Coach
Xerri is a 19 year old kid. Who advised him? Where did he get the drugs from? Who prescribed them? Why did he go down this path given then obvious dangers and risks? Did he do it with the clubs knowledge? There are so many questions around what has occurred? I don’t get it, frankly. The risk/reward for his alleged actions are just to much to even contemplate and he is clearly going to pay the ultimate price with a potential four year ban from the game costing him potentially $2 million dollars in earnings.
The risk / reward is that he juiced up (allegedly), made the NRL and earned a shitload last year, compared to possibly never making it in the first place without PED's

Kilkenny

Coach
The risk / reward is that he juiced up (allegedly), made the NRL and earned a shitload last year, compared to possibly never making it in the first place without PED's

I don’t agree with that assertion? The kid was just starting out in his NRL career with clearly a very bright future and that is all gone now. There were clearly more than one other person involved in assisting his decision to do what he has done and that is sad whether it be managers, medical practitioners, club staff or whoever. He had to have been assisted in some shape or form and on that basis it would be beneficial for all concerned to get to the bottom of the issue and ‘catch’ all involved not just the player in this instance Xerri. I am not making excuses for him, but there simply has to be more persons involved in his undoing.

Noise

Coach
I don’t agree with that assertion? The kid was just starting out in his NRL career with clearly a very bright future and that is all gone now. There were clearly more than one other person involved in assisting his decision to do what he has done and that is sad whether it be managers, medical practitioners, club staff or whoever. He had to have been assisted in some shape or form and on that basis it would be beneficial for all concerned to get to the bottom of the issue and ‘catch’ all involved not just the player in this instance Xerri. I am not making excuses for him, but there simply has to be more persons involved in his undoing.

The claim is that he's been juicing all through the juniors. If that's the case then there is every chance he didn't have the size, strength or speed to make it in the NRL without it.
Fox Sports has learned question marks about Xerri’s alleged use of performance enhancing supplements was an open secret in the Cronulla junior system.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/ab52122013a2a99c227fd8422a190688

If true then the risk/reward is making it in the NRL and earning fame fortune vs the risk getting caught (and a lot of athletes don't get caught) as opposed to not taking roids, missing out on the chance of becoming a professional sportsmen and spending your life as a brickies labourer, security guard, etc.

Quicksilver

Bench

hundreds of regular kids his age do steroids and things.

there would be plenty of opportunities outside of football circles.

unforgiven

Bench
Who is to say he hasn't been on stuff for years?

Kilkenny

Coach
Who is to say he hasn't been on stuff for years?

I have no idea and at this stage nor do you or anyone else?

The only point I am trying to make is he could not have done this without significant assistance from one or more others who ever they may be. If he is going to be rubbed out of the game then hopefully those who assisted him are also rubbed out as well.

Quicksilver

Bench

The only point I am trying to make is he could not have done this without significant assistance from one or more others who ever they may be. If he is going to be rubbed out of the game then hopefully those who assisted him are also rubbed out as well.

There is no reason why anyone in the game is necessarily involved. Thousands of Average Joes do it

Noise

Coach

You don't need people in the NRL to help buy and inject steroids. Guys at gyms get them quite easily without NRL assistance. In fact, Bronson's brother Troy has been charged in the past for such things https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/eight-charged-over-alleged-drug-syndicate-20120505-1y5ii.html

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Well, I think it’s more likely than the alternative, but anything is possible.

try clicking on the link above.

Yep, I would be surprised if any of Xerri's Sharks team mates are involved, otherwise the story would likely have gotten out earlier. Sounds like he was doing this outside any club involvement.

betcats

Referee
You don't need people in the NRL to help buy and inject steroids. Guys at gyms get them quite easily without NRL assistance. In fact, Bronson's brother Troy has been charged in the past for such things https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/eight-charged-over-alleged-drug-syndicate-20120505-1y5ii.html

He could easily source and take the steroids himself No doubt, but these guys have their physical condition closely monitored, the physio, the doctor and even the trainers you’d think would notice the difference in performance given what he was taking.

Kilkenny

Coach
Well, I think it’s more likely than the alternative, but anything is possible.

try clicking on the link above.

Mate, I am not suggesting for one minute I have the answers, because I don’t and I could be 100% wrong have been before and likely to be again. I just don’t get this one, I really don’t. I simply don’t understand what goes thru someone’s mind to take the risk, and basically totally f**king up there future. What is the benefit of his actions and what is the reward? Just do the rehab and suck it up basically and sign your new and improved contract suggested to be in the vicinity of 500K a season. Why put that in jeopardy. i don’t get it.

Noise

Coach
He could easily source and take the steroids himself No doubt, but these guys have their physical condition closely monitored, the physio, the doctor and even the trainers you’d think would notice the difference in performance given what he was taking.
They start measuring the performance stuff properly in junior reps, which is when the articles alleges he started using it. The baseline performance measures may have always been under the influence of PED's and certainly when they get even more into the detailed measurements in the 20s.