What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

cb4

First Grade
Evidently, Grujic is not going to be able to play a full season in Midfeild. Moreno is still a disaster. Lovren is still shit. 15 minutes gone, Chelsea 1-0

cb4

First Grade
Garry Cahill should have been sent off IMO. Studs up challenge on Connor Randall.

cb4

First Grade
Kraven must be made of granit. All he does is block the ball. Poor prick must already be covered in welts.

t10do

Juniors
Kraven must be made of granit. All he does is block the ball. Poor prick must already be covered in welts.

Still pre-season...but it it looks like he may be a decent back up center half. And i believe its KLAVAN not Kraven:)

Firmino looks buggered.

cb4

First Grade
Chelsea are essentially playing a 7-2-1 when we have the ball.
The beauty of 2 defensive minded midfielders.

saint.nick

Coach
That game felt so infuriating to watch, every time we had a scoring opportunity we were either offside or fluffed the final ball. But apart from that one soft goal, Chelsea played no better than we did, and I reckon their team was closer to full-strength than ours was. We were missing 3/4 of our starting defence, most of our starting central midfield and all our strikers. Sorry cb4, but with all due respect, I think writing off Grujic as a midfielder based on just one pre-season hit out is a bit hysterical. You're right about Moreno and Randall, but it's not like we learned anything new about them from this game. Firmino was annoying, he looked sluggish and I hate how he can give the ball away so cheaply. I think Mane did well and caused their defence some problems. But let's just re-emphasise it's only pre-season - Milan beating Bayern and PSG comfortably beating Madrid really amplifies that point.

cb4

First Grade
I didn't write Grujic off, I just said he couldn't do a season in the first team. He needs a loan spell. And he is a god awful defender.
He may be competent in a 3 man midfield, but heaven help us if he plays in a midfield 2.
We needed to blow a chunk of money on a Nemanja Matic type player.
Just a prick who stands back, shields the back 4, drops into the defensive line and control the tempo.

Good luck to teams when they play him and Kante. You can spend all the money in the world on flashy players but if you can't break down a team you don't stand much chance.

65% first half possession and 1 shot. Completely dominated them in possession, field position, and still came away with a loss.

cb4

First Grade
No need to write it off as "just a preseason game" either. There are obvious deficiencies in the team, and they are being discussed on a forum.
Unless of course, I have misread the concept of a forum.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Plenty of need to write it off. We replaced players constantly throughout the match. Why? For fitness and tactical purposes. Can guarantee klopp doesnt give a shit about a 1-0 loss in an overseas friendly.

But by all means knock yourself out fretting about it when its july, youll be in an institute come may.

Latest posts