What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

Foz

Bench
Milan are a shadow of the side they once were.
They won't win many games if they persist with one up front not pressing anywhere near the last defender.
Then again I'm no judge on Italian form.

Only things that game did were1)
it gave us some confidence
2)We gained a few Norwich fans because we looked like we were wearing something they play in.

cb4

First Grade
Edin Dzeko giving Lovren a bath here. But Lovren is our best centre back apparently.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
The coach thinks he is one of our better CB's and I sure Klopp knows better than any of us.

t10do

Juniors
I know its only pre-season....but it will be interesting to see how Wijnaldum fits in. I think this 70 minutes has shown us that he is not the right person to sit deep.

saint.nick

Coach
We were pretty good in the first half but that second half was just a waste of time to watch. 9 new players thrusted on and they all didn't gel.

Mignolet still proving how shithouse he is. Mignolet's idea of making himself big in front of the opponent striker is falling backwards to the ground. He could have easily saved that goal if he actually put his body in front of the ball. He did the exact same thing when Rooney scored that winner at Anfield, instead of making himself big, he basically dived out of the way. Why is this shit not being coached out of him?

saint.nick

Coach
I don't like this multi-functional BS with Wijnaldum. He needs to be given a position so he can own it. He's not going to thrive if he doesn't know what his role is.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
We were pretty good in the first half but that second half was just a waste of time to watch. 9 new players thrusted on and they all didn't gel.

Mignolet still proving how shithouse he is. Mignolet's idea of making himself big in front of the opponent striker is falling backwards to the ground. He could have easily saved that goal if he actually put his body in front of the ball. He did the exact same thing when Rooney scored that winner at Anfield, instead of making himself big, he basically dived out of the way. Why is this shit not being coached out of him?
I'm baffled that with all the backroom staff changes we've had, that GK coach Achterberg still holds onto his job.

Pepe went backwards under him and Migs hasn't shown any improvement.

saint.nick

Coach
How shit does Achterberg have to be to not have already fixed this problem? It's an absolute goalkeeping basic.

cb4

First Grade
The coach thinks he is one of our better CB's and I sure Klopp knows better than any of us.

One of the most overused, lines of horse shit known to man.
If Klopp thinks Lovren is one of our best Centre backs then he is on a road to failure that Brendan Rodgers travelled.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
One of the most overused, lines of horse shit known to man.
If Klopp thinks Lovren is one of our best Centre backs then he is on a road to failure that Brendan Rodgers travelled.
And yet last week you claimed to on board the trust Klopps judgement completely when it comes to transfers. Doesn't apply to the actual team I guess.

saint.nick

Coach
I'm not even sure if Lovren is Klopp's preferred first choice centre back anyway. Despite his grievances with Sakho's slightly disruptive (but well-meaning) attitude, he still highly rates the guy as a player. And I don't think he brought in Matip to be a bench option.

What I do like is that Klopp has come out and said they will challenge for the title, and more importantly he said there will be no excuses. We need some bold bullishness like that, Rodgers just used to hide behind the "well the owners only said top 4" nonsense.

Anyway, f**k that Roma game. Our second game in 48 hours. Roma's first in two weeks. A virtually whole new team chucked on in the second half. Klopp laughing and joking around after the game. Seriously, who cares.

saint.nick

Coach
Very awful defending from Coutinho as well, just gave up and let him have a free attempt at a cross. This is pre season, he should be pushing himself for 90 minutes, not slacking off like that.

The more you watch that video the more horrible it looks on Mignolet's part. Wisdom may have been ball-watching, but that is not his fault. It was Mignolet's responsibility as a goalkeeper to take ownership of that situation. Wisdom was merely guilty of expecting Mignolet to do what he was supposed to be doing. He was actually trying to help Mignolet do his job by standing in front of the other nearby Roma player.

So fed up with how frequently this happens too. Every second game now we're just bemoaning another mind-baffling Mignolet cock-up.

Very awful defending from Coutinho as well, just gave up and let him have a free attempt at a cross. This is pre season, he should be pushing himself for 90 minutes, not slacking off like that.

The more you watch that video the more horrible it looks on Mignolet's part. Wisdom may have been ball-watching, but that is not his fault. It was Mignolet's responsibility as a goalkeeper to take ownership of that situation. Wisdom was merely guilty of expecting Mignolet to do what he was supposed to be doing. He was actually trying to help Mignolet do his job by standing in front of the other nearby Roma player.

So fed up with how frequently this happens too. Every second game now we're just bemoaning another mind-baffling Mignolet c**k-up.

If not for Karius' injury, I dare say we would no longer be seeing this as Mignolet would be pulling splinters from his arse.

lolesi

First Grade
Nice 4-0 win over Barcelona this morning !

Good confidence booster after our American trip.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Beat Barcelona 4-0 one day, get beaten 4-0 by Mainz the next.

Ridiculous scheduling and it could be a complete momentum killer.

Latest posts