What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

cb4

First Grade
What a season. Very enjoyable.
Klopp has given us a reason to believe again and I personally think that we will get our hands on the Premier League trophy soon.
Just need to finish the season now with big ears back in Liverpool.

thorson1987

Coach
Jurgen in his first press conference as LFC manager.

"When I sit here in four years I think we may have one title"

He kept to his word.

cb4

First Grade
Reward for a fantastic season. The parade in Liverpool was amazing to watch.
Now we need to keep this going, would love to win the FA Cup and obviously the Prem in the next few seasons.

Foz

Bench
I’ve lost all interest in the FA Cup these days.
When I was a kid I remember an FA Cup Final between Leeds and Sunderland.
Leeds were one of the gun teams from the first division and Sunderland were the minnows from the Second Division.
Sunderland got up and won which was obviously a major shock.
As a kid it was like a World Boxing Championship in my head.Sunderland were the champions of Soccer.
As I got older I grew to know the real significance of the FA Cup and it became an equivalent of the Amco Cup in Rugby League.
Now we all know that the 1979 Amco Cup is the only one that ever mattered but apart from that it was really only a secondary comp.
Then in the last 10 years or so some sides(like Liverpool) tend to give the fringe players the Duty to win the FA Cup matches in the early rounds till it’s semi final time.
It downplays the overall significance of winning it in my head.

As for the Champions League.Its the real pinnacle of soccer in Europe.Its hard to decide for me if it’s better to win the League or the Champions League I rate it that highly.
I’m happy to settle for either.

The only other thing that would be nice to win is the world club championship.In reality I regard the European Champions higher but just for the sake of saying youre world champions it’d be nice to win.Remains to be seen if we even turn up for it.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
Leeds were one of the gun teams from the first division and Sunderland were the minnows from the Second Division.
As a kid it was like a World Boxing Championship in my head.Sunderland were the champions of Soccer.
As I got older I grew to know the real significance of the FA Cup and it became an equivalent of the Amco Cup in Rugby League.
Now we all know that the 1979 Amco Cup is the only one that ever mattered but apart from that it was really only a secondary comp.
Then in the last 10 years or so some sides(like Liverpool) tend to give the fringe players the Duty to win the FA Cup matches in the early rounds till it’s semi final time.

As for the Champions League.Its the real pinnacle of soccer in Europe.Its hard to decide for me if it’s better to win the League or the Champions League I rate it that highly.

The only other thing that would be nice to win is the world club championship.In reality I regard the European Champions higher but just for the sake of saying youre world champions it’d be nice to win.Remains to be seen if we even turn up for it.

Now that we have won it again, the Premier League is the pinnacle for me.
But a Domestic cup would mean the world to the club, players and fans as well.
Winning the WCC is important, we are in the running for 7 trophies next year, this is definitely one we should be focusing on.
Anyone know what teams we will be up against?

Foz

Bench
There was some doubt about that world club championship a few weeks ago but then I read this an hour ago.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48504200

We play Man City in the charity shield but no idea as yet about the others.
Guess we play Chelsea in the Super Cup.(Do they still play that?)

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach

In any event, the UCL is the pinnacle above the EPL. It separates the great managers from GOAT managers, and it's the prize that all of the top clubs and top players want the most. It's why Juve bought Ronaldo, and it's why PSG and City spend so much money. It's prestige is second only to the World Cup. The only people who think UCL < EPL are all the absolute weirdo City fans performing mental gymnastics.

So normally it's better to win the UCL, but because we haven't won the EPL in a long time, for us it would be equal to winning the UCL.

I reckon you can bet your bottom dollar that we'll be up for the CWC. The squad couldn't be more motivated and it's an opportunity for another decent bragging right over City.

I'm really excited about next season, the most excited I've ever been. If we go about things the right away again in the Summer then f**king City off from first place is a huge possibility.

thorson1987

Coach
There was some doubt about that world club championship a few weeks ago but then I read this an hour ago.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48504200

We play Man City in the charity shield but no idea as yet about the others.
Guess we play Chelsea in the Super Cup.(Do they still play that?)

Community Shield August 3 or 4 v Man City

Super Cup August 14th v Chelsea in Instanbul (Besiktas stadium though)

Club World Cup is in December in Qatar and we will play a max 2 games. We come in at the semi final stage.

Qualified sides are

LFC (England) UCL winners
Esperance de Tunis (Tunisia) Won African Champions League
Monterrey (Mexico) won CONCACAF Champions League
Al-Sadd (Qatar) Qualified as league champions of host nation
Hienghene Sport (New Caledonia) won the Oceania Champions League

Asian Champions League and Copa Libertadores are both at the round of 16 stage

thorson1987

Coach
In any event, the UCL is the pinnacle above the EPL. It separates the great managers from GOAT managers, and it's the prize that all of the top clubs and top players want the most. It's why Juve bought Ronaldo, and it's why PSG and City spend so much money. It's prestige is second only to the World Cup. The only people who think UCL < EPL are all the absolute weirdo City fans performing mental gymnastics.

So normally it's better to win the UCL, but because we haven't won the EPL in a long time, for us it would be equal to winning the UCL.

I reckon you can bet your bottom dollar that we'll be up for the CWC. The squad couldn't be more motivated and it's an opportunity for another decent bragging right over City.

I'm really excited about next season, the most excited I've ever been. If we go about things the right away again in the Summer then f**king City off from first place is a huge possibility.

As much as I love us winning the CL, I would rather the PL next season. It's the one f**king thing I haven't seen us win (apart from the CWC - we lost to Sao Paulo in 2005).

Although how good would winning the CL in Instanbul at the Ataturk Stadium again be?

Latest posts