What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YAAAAAAAAY A WIN!!!!!!!

Well..... we cant say that the tigers will be an easy win, coz they won't. And we have to remember they might want some revenge on getting smashed/ pounded and scoreless for 2 weeks in a row. But none the less it will be an great game to watch.

azza

Juniors
My question is... why doesn't McLinden play close to that standard every week? I never once saw Finch play like that...

greeneyed

First Grade
One interesting thing, I noticed from the coach's column in the Saturday CT, was that the club invited Matthew Johns down to be a special coach for the halves during the course of the week.

BRING HIM DOWN EVERY WEEK!!!!!!!

Bay56

First Grade
Check to see if Carroll and Price (doggies) get suspended.

Price's head high was similar to Rubes ... therefore two weeks.

thickos

First Grade
What an incredible, incredible performance. For mine that is one of the best wins in recent memory.

No Wiki. No Joel. Still no Hodgo. And yet we still took it to them!

The start was blistering, the moment Mark started running the ball I knew he was in for a big day. Today he decided to turn up. :D Incredible try, you just gotta love the dancing feet. Woolford was also inspirational, he's going great since the oompa isn't replacing him at set intervals. He should have had two tries, f**k you Simpkins and Mander!

Gafa IMO was superb in the 6 jersey. He did it far better than Toots has been in recent times, fantastic. Great break he made too.

The forward pack were monstrous as well today. Davico was a gun as always, everyone carried themselves well. The pleasing thing was they defended like their life depended on it. They wanted that win today.

Never been so proud :clap: Its the kind of win that can change a season. :clap:

greeneyed

First Grade
I am a pretty proud Raiders supporter today too. It started last week... I just hope it continues on this rate of improvement.......

What an afternoon, full of warmth (one of the only good things about sydney is it's warmer than canberra at the moment, but canberra is still better), a good feed and a great atmosphere at Fox (bar the switching of the channel).

Then that was all capped off by the Mighty Raiders. The boys were back today, played with passion, with desperation, even Booger was alright today (what a try saving flop that was, gave away the penalty, but settled the defensive line). Not much more can be said that hasn't already been said. Hopefully that same team turns up to play the tigpies next week.

GO YOU RAIDERS!!!! :D

raidersfan

Juniors
How do you guys think Miller, Rothery, and Carney went??? I really like these 3 guys. All with heaps o protential and may come good in 2006.

Tigers should be a lil bit easier considering when we last versed them they had Benji Marshall and Scott Prince. Marshalls out injured and Prince will be out cause of Origin. It's like versing the raiders without Mclinden and say Croker/Gafa.

BY the way where was Drew today???

dubby

Bench
Well Fellas, I was there today, and have to admit....IT WAS AWESOME!

A surprising number of raiders fans too.

Mogg was great, Germ had a blinder in the ruck, Marty was like he was possessed man, he was my man of the match. O'Hara went better than Statue i my opinion,but Thommo went well also. Choc went great, really safe at the back

What impressed me most today, was the joy on the faces of the players. This win meant alot for them, and the reaction from Choc, Marty and a few others was very emotional. This is the win that could finally kickstart something....

Paullyboy

Coach
HOW GREAT WAS IT!

I also was there today (we were the ones with the big arse flags in the Northern) and enjoyed every second of it. Cant believe how ecstatic I am

glasper

Juniors
Carroll. What a disgraceful elbow to the head of Mark McLinden. And then a high late shot after McLinden kicks the field goal. It should have been a penalty in front, in addition to the field goal. He should be put out for a long time in my view.

To be fair, the late elbow is a cheap shot that's been allowed to become a part of lots of player's games. I noticed Woolford slipping in one earlier. It was a fair call, but it's not being consistently called.

The high shot after the field goal, on the other hand, was a disgrace. Those who watched the Foxtel coverage saw that he touchie who reported it called for a penalty and the ref didn't give it.

mike83au

Juniors
The win was awesome, but what really made me proud was right at the end, there was no way that they were going to lie down and let Webcke score a consolation. As well as the reaction from the boys after the fulltime siren.... that was very emotional and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Raider Azz

Bench
I agree mike. The fact that 20 or so players jumped onto Webcke and would not let him score even after the game had been decided. It was such a top effort. The way they celebrated you'd think we just won the grand final!

SOULS 04

Juniors
gotta give gafa some cred at 5/8... hes done pretty damn well there in the 2 weeks he's been there

GREAT WORK RAIDERS
KEEP IT UP

Raider_69

Post Whore
im starting to think Gaf missed his calling as a player
he has done damn well at 5/8th :clap:

assuming Wiki is gone, next season

6. Gafa
7. MacLinden
11. Hodgo
12. Croker
13. J. Smith

14. Carney

Mal Meninga

Bench
Gotta agree, the Gaf is a strong defender and can run the ball hard, with a handy kick(remember that kick inside the 20 which landed at about the Bronc's 30?). I could see him in the backrow, if Carney is forced into the starting role.

But for now, everyone has to agree Carney isn't ready for a full-time role, his first touch showed he's a marked man. For those who don't remember\didn't see it, Webcke grabbed his jersey and basically pulled it over his head and dragged the little magician back 10 metres. And generally he looks a little hesitant and a target in defense, but he's a pretty good defender. He's already got the superstar metro haircut going :lol:

Paullyboy

Coach
That massive kick was brilliant, it was one of our worst sets of 6 I can remember (went 15 metres in 5 runs) then Gafa absolutely roosted the ball down field and with a great chase by the boys we were back in control somehow.

That reminds me, How great was our kick chasing against the Broncos!!!! It reminded me of the old Brad Clyde days, there was just a brilliant, solid line (except for that one break Minto made) every kick to swarm the kickchase. Its little things like that that win football games.

Latest posts