What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yappy Joins the Immortals!

yappy

Bench
Despite being overlooked by the nitwits who selected the 'so called' greatest ever Kangaroo touring squad at least those selecting the inductees to joins the 'immortals' in the ARL Hall of Fame had their heads screwed on and named Keith 'Yappy' Holman. One of only two post war inductees (along with Beetson) the recognition is no more than the great man deserves and makes a mockery of his omission from the Kangaroo Selection.

Congratulations to Ned for his selection in that team though. Vic Hey must have also been very unlucky to miss out.

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Good to see Balmain’s Beetson included but Steve Walters over Benny Elias they have got to be kidding.

DA

Juniors
He is such a great man. When I was Supporters Club prez I approached him to be our patron, just so we could use his name on our letterhead, no other involvement really necessary, and he was really honoured. Came to some meetings and functions. A gentleman.

yappy

Bench
Yeah I think that's why Yappy will be remembers as Wests greatest ever. Not only was he one of the best players to ever pull on a boot, but he is one of the most humble and generous people you would ever want to meet. He is eternally honoured to be remembered by the club, the league, and the sporting community generally. Any request he will try to fulfil, and you should see his place! A shrine to the Mighty Magpies.

Anyone want to bet old Keith had a few tears in his eyes (again) yesterday?

Latest posts