What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You can now officially NOT write the Roosters off

Southern Rooster said:
The Roosters are far from screwed without Soward. It is there defence that will win big games. They still have about 20 points per game in the side. They just need to keep teams to less than 20 and they will win most games.

Defence and attitude.

You have more faith,

look at the Bunnies and what they did on the weekend and what has transpired over the entire comp this year. You Bondi Boys have a lot more going for you than the Bunnies and other Hunter based tea, that we shall not talk about......

Southern Rooster said:
The Roosters are far from screwed without Soward. It is there defence that will win big games. They still have about 20 points per game in the side. They just need to keep teams to less than 20 and they will win most games.

Defence and attitude.

You've got to have more faith,

Look at the Bunnies and what they did on the weekend and what has transpired over the entire comp this year. You Bondi Boys have a lot more going for you than the Bunnies and other Hunter based teams that we shall not talk about

Chook

First Grade
We are far more a chance with Wing at dummy half. Having him play 5/8 is a Gus thing and the stupidiest thing. Wing is a ball runner NOT a ball player.

Chook.

The Business

Juniors
Dodge said:
I think you might be giving the bloke a little too much credit there mate. He's a good player but for crying out loud the little bloke only just won a Flegg Grand Final and now you think he can steer a FG NRL team to the premiership? I think you're pushing it a bit.
Agreed. He'll only be out for a month anyway.

woodgers

Bench
Poor Firman, no one has mentioned him once. At the start of the year he was the great white hope, now a young fella who has played a handful of games has overtaken him in half a season.

Chook

First Grade
woodgers said:
Poor Firman, no one has mentioned him once. At the start of the year he was the great white hope, now a young fella who has played a handful of games has overtaken him in half a season.

I still believe Firman has the goods in him. I think he is a far more natural halfback whereas Finch is more a manufactured one. I'd like to see Firman back in the top grade AND given time to get his confidence back. However he is badly out of form at the moment AND injured so I can't see him back anytime soon.

Chook.

Pedro Collins

Juniors
If anyone even honestly believes they'll win a game with Firman playing the way he did at the start of the year they are dreaming. He was dreadful.

I don't think Finch and Wing are that bad in the halves, that said i don't think they'll win the comp with that pairing yet i don't think Soward in the answer to all problems either.

Jae

Juniors
Lol how does Soward's injury write off the Roosters season? Sure he's a good player and all but lets be honest he was never going to do much more then be a bench player this season, so long as Finch and co. remained fit. Next season he'll get a chance to step up and take charge, but really this season is far from lost.

Mr Saab

Referee
firman....what a waste!
Roosters like to buy crap dont they...1st walker and now firman.
This thread is funny anyway..."you can now write off the roosters"...who ACTUALLY thought they were in with a chance!!!!!!!!!!!

What has Soward done for the roosters this year??

Nothing!! he is no loss. Roosters will be one of many teams fighting for the 7th and 8th posys.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Its strange seeing the top 3 teams of last year, struggling.

You can go back to 1992, where the top 3 teams of the previous year Canberra, Penrith and Norths missed out on the finals.

I dont think you can write them off just cause Soward is injured, I mean he is a young player but not a regular first grader. The Roosters will eventually make the 8, but wont be much better.

avsterooster

Juniors
hes only out for a month
no brake or ligament damage

no need to jump to conclusions
and jees, no chance now we dont have soward

thats like saying brisbane are no chance because lockyer is injured
soward most certainly does not equal lockyer

he has played what 3 games and come off the bench in 2

OVP

Coach
Just confirmed on the Roosters website ... its only a month, thank god.

You've gotta love hubris, cant wait to see Charlie Saab over there all deflated by the time the semis come around :)

Mr Saab

Referee
OVP said:
Just confirmed on the Roosters website ... its only a month, thank god.

You've gotta love hubris, cant wait to see Charlie Saab over there all deflated by the time the semis come around :)

at least the broncos are guaranteed to be there. Where are the chooks? swimming in the indian ocean with their floaties! Struggling.

Choppies

Coach
Raiders Plight said:
So if the roosters don't win the premiership they now have an excuse, Soward was injured! :lol: :lol:

and whats your excuse if you dont win it ;-)
Dont tell me you dont have one prepared lol

Latest posts