What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You go girls

CozDragon

Juniors
Yes but you cant judge last line contact like we do the mens..which is scary that people are judging these girld as if they need to be as good as men in the physical dept.
I was impressed that she was not afraid to put her body in front of the girls, she does need to work on her tackling technique a bit though.
Not sure what to make of this team though, our back 5 outside of Berry really offers no threat. We are terrible at defending offloads or quick change in direction. For having a relatively small pack, you would think their lateral movement would be better.

I think it is going to be another rough year for the girls.

Kasey Reh though, she has a huge future.

BLM01

First Grade
I was impressed that she was not afraid to put her body in front of the girls, she does need to work on her tackling technique a bit though.
Not sure what to make of this team though, our back 5 outside of Berry really offers no threat. We are terrible at defending offloads or quick change in direction. For having a relatively small pack, you would think their lateral movement would be better.

I think it is going to be another rough year for the girls.

Kasey Reh though, she has a huge future.
I agree but I will add our 6 & 7 in that as well as we lack some football smarts and pace outside our 1 who basically all our attacking threats are based around. Our 7 has an OK kicking game and our 6 has a better passing game but thats it. The attacking threats are not there.
We have let go? or lost? our best defensive forwards and backs since Sowie arrived.

I will say this I am a Keele B fan who grew up playing centre / wing however she does not have the pace etc now at NRLW level but has good technique and loves the contact with and without the ball.
Sowie puts her on the wing which is worse in injury cover, she belongs now in the backrow maybe on the edge but would excel there. She is one example where it is coaching but also a cattle crisis.
I knew there was a problem when about 1-2 months ago they signed a 42 year old prop who albeit was good in her day but mother time has caught up with her and it reeked desperation.

For those that now some inner stuff Sowie has favoured the Steeler juniors over Dragons right or wrong and is a debate for another day.
Like NRL we have some good young prospects there but the change and expansion / growth has been so fast in the NRLW as I said to mimic NRL in styles that only certain players can adapt. We have another 2 new teams next year, similarly to NRL the power / money or rich clubs top of ladder teams will excel as others are stretched furthur to try and keep up.

CozDragon

Juniors
I agree but I will add our 6 & 7 in that as well as we lack some football smarts and pace outside our 1 who basically all our attacking threats are based around. Our 7 has an OK kicking game and our 6 has a better passing game but thats it. The attacking threats are not there.
We have let go? or lost? our best defensive forwards and backs since Sowie arrived.

I will say this I am a Keele B fan who grew up playing centre / wing however she does not have the pace etc now at NRLW level but has good technique and loves the contact with and without the ball.
Sowie puts her on the wing which is worse in injury cover, she belongs now in the backrow maybe on the edge but would excel there. She is one example where it is coaching but also a cattle crisis.
I knew there was a problem when about 1-2 months ago they signed a 42 year old prop who albeit was good in her day but mother time has caught up with her and it reeked desperation.

For those that now some inner stuff Sowie has favoured the Steeler juniors over Dragons right or wrong and is a debate for another day.
Like NRL we have some good young prospects there but the change and expansion / growth has been so fast in the NRLW as I said to mimic NRL in styles that only certain players can adapt. We have another 2 new teams next year, similarly to NRL the power / money or rich clubs top of ladder teams will excel as others are stretched furthur to try and keep up.
I really thought Mcgregor would bring more than what she has, even last year I was expecting a little more from her.
I wouldn't be surprised if at some point this year or next we see Hopkins & Rey in the halves with Mcgregor at lock.

I am fan of Keele B too but feel the same, a move to second row would definitely help her & the team. Though in saying that I have been hugely impressed with Basham to start the year and Lendill has never let us down. Though I feel both of them are more defensive players than offensive, Keele may bring a different variation on the edge.

Yeah its pretty clear the Steelers are being favoured. Can't say I agree with his decision to reward the steelers for their "stacked TG" side winning it and giving all the players to their HNWP leaving the Dragons out in the cold.

It's time for Sowie to step up and show he warrants continuing on as HC.

justadragon

Bench
Yes we really lack punch up the middle, it will be a tough game against the Knights next week at Newcastle. They try hard and hopefully they can improve as the season progresses. We do really need some big boppers up front, Johnson will tear us up the middle next week.

BLM01

First Grade
I really thought Mcgregor would bring more than what she has, even last year I was expecting a little more from her.
I wouldn't be surprised if at some point this year or next we see Hopkins & Rey in the halves with Mcgregor at lock.

I am fan of Keele B too but feel the same, a move to second row would definitely help her & the team. Though in saying that I have been hugely impressed with Basham to start the year and Lendill has never let us down. Though I feel both of them are more defensive players than offensive, Keele may bring a different variation on the edge.

Yeah its pretty clear the Steelers are being favoured. Can't say I agree with his decision to reward the steelers for their "stacked TG" side winning it and giving all the players to their HNWP leaving the Dragons out in the cold.

It's time for Sowie to step up and show he warrants continuing on as HC.
Sowie is learning on the run and this year will be his make or break me thinks.. tough gig
Let’s see how they respond

CozDragon

Juniors
Sowie is learning on the run and this year will be his make or break me thinks.. tough gig
Let’s see how they respond
I think so too. Even if Sowies job ends up being safe (not like we are known to make quick decisions on coaches this club) I think he will lose a lot of the girls he is trying to build the club around.

They need to do everything they can to hold onto the likes of Reh, Wilson, Bostok, the Tauaneai sisters, Berry. Those group of girls look like they could be anything. I have also been impressed with Tori Shipton playing hooker for the steelers hnwp. I'm sure Sowie has been keeping a close eye on her, she has some talent.

BLM01

First Grade
I think so too. Even if Sowies job ends up being safe (not like we are known to make quick decisions on coaches this club) I think he will lose a lot of the girls he is trying to build the club around.

They need to do everything they can to hold onto the likes of Reh, Wilson, Bostok, the Tauaneai sisters, Berry. Those group of girls look like they could be anything. I have also been impressed with Tori Shipton playing hooker for the steelers hnwp. I'm sure Sowie has been keeping a close eye on her, she has some talent.
Yes but the step up is now widening, just like NRL. I know and have no doubt we have the talent. Our mens pathways is developing nicely, the girls just need to catch up with the same investment of people / quality staff although the money is not there yet.
The girls working at the club in ambassador, game day roles and schools are helping getting the message out across all our regions

Latest posts