What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You want the Super League Show shown Nationwide?

bartman

Immortal
To anyone outside of "the North", I can recommend this show.

I don't know what's on Sky mid-week, but to have a highlights/chat show on free-to-air across the whole country is what rugby league would be crying out for.

#172 ;-)

upbonk

bartman said:
To anyone outside of "the North", I can recommend this show.

I don't know what's on Sky mid-week, but to have a highlights/chat show on free-to-air across the whole country is what rugby league would be crying out for.

#172 ;-)

Sorry Bartman, but to inflict Harry Gration and Gary "game were better in my day" Schofield on an unsuspecting nation would do more harm than good.
Those prats at BBC Leeds have Sid Bonkers uncle Albert (The Bonkers family are obviously heavily involved with the production) on out of focus camera three. It took me several minutes to realise it wasn't the new specs.:oops:
As it stands, the Super League Show is like stepping back into the 1970's.
If it goes nationwide, give it to another local station (BBC East, even) that will show the sport in a decent light.

bartman

Immortal
Upbonk, point taken about Schofield, but I think Harry's alright?

I reckon he probably just needs one palatable (younger) regular co-host - and some quality control with chosen guests - and it can be as good as any other regular bit on Grandstand?

My main worry is that it or something similar should be seen in London, because I think there's a need to help the Broncos make more inroads into public awareness there.

Charge

Juniors
I completely agree with bartman, I would really like to be able to watch this program.

upbonk

Bartman & Charge.
I take both points, realising that living in the north such a luxury is often overlooked - even the pleasure of having Schoey and Gration for Sunday lunch - it is better than nothing.
I think Charge is aware of the thread over at TRL regarding the issue with League and the media, I think he contributed to it.

bartman

Immortal
I'd love for there to be a more professionally produced and resourced league show on free to air as well, but in the short term I don't think it'll happen.

Perhaps having nationwide exposure (and measures of ratings) may be one way the beeb can be led to investing more in it, or setting up a flashier version for wider consumption etc?

upbonk

bartman said:
I'd love for there to be a more professionally produced and resourced league show on free to air as well, but in the short term I don't think it'll happen.

Perhaps having nationwide exposure (and measures of ratings) may be one way the beeb can be led to investing more in it, or setting up a flashier version for wider consumption etc?

Wouldn't we all, but it aint gonna happen. Like much of the British media, its seems, the supposed neutral BBC has an agenda, it seems the SL show is part of an agenda to marginalize the game. Are we paranoid? look at the history of media coverage in the UK.

SalfordRedsWA

Juniors
upbonk said:
Wouldn't we all, but it aint gonna happen. Like much of the British media, its seems, the supposed neutral BBC has an agenda, it seems the SL show is part of an agenda to marginalize the game. Are we paranoid? look at the history of media coverage in the UK.

I have to agree with you. There is an agenda going on to eventually destro rugby league using the media as a tool, just like the BBC do in the Arab-Israel war. They make the Israelis out to be the terrorists yet the real terrorist nation gets the appause. Same in rugby league.

bartman

Immortal
Definitely pushing uphill against the entrenched media/BBC favouritism to covergae of rugby union. If the Union Lions get smacked by New Zealand again this weekend and come home losers that may help the cause...

Cuchullain

Juniors
Well the Lions got knocked from pillar to post again
but the SL show got axed at the last minute to show extended coverage of Wimbledon :roll:

bartman

Immortal
And I thought it was just me getting the time wrong this weekend, since it's never written in the program guides anyway...