What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young Kiwi Footballers And Their Development

Sel Pearson

Juniors
Hi there

After a long hard day at the office at RLHQ i thought i would have a yarn about the juniors being developed at the Warriors.

I think heaps of credit is due to Ivan Cleary. He has a calm demeanour and the younger players seem to be responding to that and given the chance seem to thrive.

Dont get me wrong these kids will always take time to develope but i would like to rattle off 4 young players who all have something in common

Manu Vatuvai
Jerome Ropati
Evarn Tuimavavae
Hame Lauaki

All four of those players were given a chance by Daniel Anderson and given a taste of 1st grade in 04

All fours development seemed to stall and they went stale while under the tutorlage of Tony Kemp

All four now are in form and performing under Ivan Cleary

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kemp the toss always played the same 17 and never wanted to give the young talent a chance while Ivan has relied on them and they are paying dividends. Daniel was a little grumpy and had trouble relating to some players while Kemp really didnt care for the juniors, sure its a buisness but you would of tyhought that with the season gone last year they could of given a few a run.

Now with Ivan there we have stability and juniors seeing that there is a future wqith the Warriors because they will be given a chance. 3-4 years and we will see the benefits of the young Packer Brothers being in the system and as long as Ivan is in charge then the young Kiwi talent will thrive.

Thanks Ivan

Regards Sel

Daniel Anderson

Juniors
Look Sel ill be honost i had some helpers but it came down to 3 people and they were all players

S Jones
I Cleary
K Campion

These 3 were tremendous with the younger players coming through. Campo took care of the junior forwards and Ives looked after the junior backs. Stace was looked up to by everyone so he was like an overall mentor.

I dont know what happened to Kempy when i got the ass outta there but we had some good young juniors waiting in the wings. He preferred to play the same team week in week out.

Well i gotta go get some sleep, been on the large since the Challenge Cup final so gotta get some shut eye then read over the new Contract i recieved from Bondi

LeagueNut

First Grade
Sel Pearson said:
Manu Vatuvai
Jerome Ropati
Evarn Tuimavavae
Hame Lauaki

All four of those players were given a chance by Daniel Anderson and given a taste of 1st grade in 04
Sorry to point out your errors Sel, but Jerome made his debut in 2003, Evarn in 2002 ... Lauaki & Vatuvei came along later (in 2004).

As for the rest of this thread ... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Iafeta said:
WTF :lol: :lol: :lol: Ropo scoring 4 tries has sent Wazza to the nut house.

Dude, it's not me!!! I only have one alter-ego. And quite frankly, this is getting ridiculous. These guys aren't even funny. We've got McClennan, Anderson, Monie & Pearson. Guys, be more funny!!!

Skinner

Coach
NZ Warrior said:
Dude, it's not me!!! I only have one alter-ego. And quite frankly, this is getting ridiculous. These guys aren't even funny. We've got McClennan, Anderson, Monie & Pearson. Guys, be more funny!!!

You got him started Wayne..............yes, him, not guys.

Wayne Scurrah

Juniors
Skinner said:
You got him started Wayne..............yes, him, not guys.

Who is this nutbag, who likes to go around pretending he is someone else??? Is there something wrong with this individual??? Does he need directing back to the institute???

You are all lucky I'm in such a good mood, after firing yet another player. I would have this site shut down in a second, due to defamation. Why, if anyone were to try and impersonate me on one of these boards, I'd have all the admins' asses served and this site sued for millions!!! We all know computer geeks make bucket loads of money. Where would all you stupid little kids go then? huh? huh?

Go get a job or go back to school, all of you.

Kind regards losers,

Wayne "I don't like drunkos" Scurrah

Wayne Scurrah

Juniors
John Monie said:
I miss Ian Robson.

If I had a big budget pre-match entertainment package, I could make anyone look pretty too.

Go and inherit another premiership winning side to inflate your ego.

Scott

Bench
Too much time on your hands NZWarrior!

Get out more and experience the thrill of that new car...

John Monie

Juniors
As one of the greatest coaches of all time?

I seem to get rubbished just because my stupid asssistant lost count of the number of guys on the bench. I dont even watch TVNZ now.

Latest posts