What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your 18 for the Sharks game

billy2

Juniors
WB says he is trimming the side to about 17 or 18 but i feel he will rest a few certainties.

Wes Naiqama
McManus
Tahu
Sau
Kev Naiquama
?????? - not gids - he is needed for round one and we already have two halves injured
Mullo
Snowy
Bedsy
Tui
House
Taia
Costigan

Hilder
Fass
Cuthbertson
Tets
Edwards

I agree. Darius and Kids will be rested. I hear Boyd slotted into 5/8 at one point during the panthers trial. I bet that isn't the last time we see that this year. No doubt if Gidley gets injured he may well end up there. Pete and Wes can cover fullback in that event.

WB says he is trimming the side to about 17 or 18 but i feel he will rest a few certainties.

Wes Naiqama
McManus
Tahu
Sau
Kev Naiquama
?????? - not gids - he is needed for round one and we already have two halves injured
Mullo
Snowy
Bedsy
Tui
House
Taia
Costigan

Hilder
Fass
Cuthbertson
Tets
Edwards

Looks good to me

If Roberts only broke his nose he should be right to play.

billy2

Juniors
22 man squad named.

Darius Boyd,
Danny Buderus,
Richie Fa’aoso,
James McManus,
Jarrod Mullen,
Wes Naiqama,
Kevin Naiqama,
Junior Sa’u,
Aku Uate,
Nev Costigan,
Adam Cuthbertson,
Joel Edwards,
Kurt Gidley,
Matt Hilder,
Chris Houston,
Alex McKinnon,
Robbie Rochow,
Korbin Sims,
Kade Snowden,
Timana Tahu,
Zeb Taia,
Zane Tetevano.

Good to see Sims has kept his spot despite 7 players getting cut (with Uate and Rochow coming in).
Sims is the biggest improver by a long way IMO.

billy2

Juniors
Cut player from last weeks 27

Chris Adams,
Marvin Filipo,
Siuatonga Likiliki,
Kyle O'Donnell,
Tyrone Roberts,
Evarn Tuimavave,

Akuila Uate was named last week but didn't play, so he is the 27th player.

Frederick

Staff member
Wonder why Evarn didnt get selected...surely he's our number 2 prop

Still no Laurie...

perverse

Referee
entirely possible that Tui has fallen out of favour (favour that he may never have had with Bennett, really) with the emergence of Korbin (and others, potentially) over the off season. interesting times, the start of the season is well upon us. i'm getting excited.

very happy to see Tetevano still in the mix.

billy2

Juniors
Tui might just have a little niggle and might be having a rest - or Korbin, Zane, Eddy, Robbie and Cuthbertson might have moved past the old guy.

Last edited:

Silent Knight

First Grade
Hmmmm that is very good news about Korbin Sims. I was at my mate's place last weekend and just had a casual glance through his copy of RLW. There was a bit of story in there about Korbin and how he wanted to impress Bennett and potentially face off against his brothers in the NRL this year.

Perhaps Wayne is looking to the future and will actually favour youth? I've also heard before that Korbin is the most promising of the Sims brothers.

Not that I have anything against Tui, I think he's been good value for us. Interesting times ahead. Any specific reason why Chris Adams was excluded for this game though?

A strong 22. Only two weeks till 2012 kick off so i can see why Wayne is not resting anyone. Can't wait to see round one side. So who may be a bolter? MCKinnon maybe? Every chance that Tui has been dropped and Nev and Kade are our props.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The oppostion

1 Nathan Gardner
2 Stewart Mills
3 Ben Pomeroy
4 Colin Best
5 Matthew Wright
6 Wade Graham
7 Todd Carney
8 Bryce Gibbs
9 Isaac De Gois
10 Ben Ross
11 Jeremy Smith (c)
12 Sam Tagataese
13 Jayson Bukuya
14 Jeff Robson
15 Mark Taufua
16 Jon Green
17 John Morris
18 John Williams
19 Chad Townsend
23 Tyson Frizell
24 Anthony Tupou
25 Andrew Fifita
27 Ricky Leutele
28 Josh Cordoba
31 Isaac Gordon
33 Sosaia Feki
34 Tyrone Peachey

Not considered - Paul Gallen (nose), Nathan Stapleton (knee)

Jono078

Referee
The oppostion

1 Nathan Gardner
2 Stewart Mills
3 Ben Pomeroy
4 Colin Best
5 Matthew Wright
6 Wade Graham
7 Todd Carney
8 Bryce Gibbs
9 Isaac De Gois
10 Ben Ross
11 Jeremy Smith (c)
12 Sam Tagataese
13 Jayson Bukuya
14 Jeff Robson
15 Mark Taufua
16 Jon Green
17 John Morris
18 John Williams
19 Chad Townsend
23 Tyson Frizell
24 Anthony Tupou
25 Andrew Fifita
27 Ricky Leutele
28 Josh Cordoba
31 Isaac Gordon
33 Sosaia Feki
34 Tyrone Peachey

Not considered - Paul Gallen (nose), Nathan Stapleton (knee)
Sharks team is actually looking pretty nice, they could be a a surprise top 6 team if they click.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Guys our best wishes for your forthcoming waltz with the scum. If the opportunity arises, the odd accidental stomp would be much appreciated.

billy2

Juniors
The other interesting selection is Kev Naiqama.

Wayne seems pretty impressed with Kev, and the guy is an amazing attacking talent.

I was surprized last year when Pete and Likiliki both got a start over him, despite both of them having about half the strike rate in reserve grade.

Latest posts