What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your best 2016 team made up of players we currently have and confirmed signings.

Parra47

Juniors
With the players we currently have, some are not as yet contracted for next year, and our player signings that are confirmed for next year, here is my best starting side for 2016.

1 Gordon
2 Radradra
3 Hopoate
4 Champion
5 Robinson
6 Norman
7 Foran
13 Watmough
12 M'au
11 Scott
10 Paulo
9 Peats
8 Mannah

14 Wicks
15 Gower
16 Pauli
17 Maora

I know our centres aren't signed as yet and champion has a terrible record with injuries but at his best, he's probably about the best we have.
As for the wing I've gone with Robinson's speed over Faraimos solidness in defence.
Just my thoughts on what we have so far.

Last edited:
Well, Taka is signed for next year, and I'd be surprised if Champion got another deal......I guess it would have to be match-payments heavy. At the moment I'd put Taka at centre.

I'd have Edwards instead of Ma'u if everyone was fit.

I dunno, maybe Ma'u can become a Steve Matai style nutcase if pushed.

pedge

Juniors
I think Gower is coming to the end of the line, he has regressed in my opinion compared to some of his performances from last season. Who else do we have as a prop? Hasson?
Has Robinson resigned? Must have missed that

Parra47

Juniors
I think Gower is coming to the end of the line, he has regressed in my opinion compared to some of his performances from last season. Who else do we have as a prop? Hasson?

Robinson, champion and Hopoate are not signed as yet, but are current players.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
1) Gordon
2) Radradra
3) Toutai
4) Takairangi
5) Faraimo
6) Norman
7) Foran
8) Mannah
9) Peats
10) Jnr Paulo
11) Ma'u
12) Scott
13) Watmough
14) Moeroa
15) Wicks
16) Pauli
17) Edwards

T.S Quint

Coach
1) Gordon
2) Radradra
3) Toutai
4) Takairangi
5) Faraimo
6) Norman
7) Foran
8) Mannah
9) Peats
10) Jnr Paulo
11) Ma'u
12) Scott
13) Watmough
14) Moeroa
15) Wicks
16) Pauli
17) Edwards

That's the one.
Of course if Hopoate does eventually sign he slots straight in for Toutai.

Parra47

Juniors

Alvaro. I'd rather see him as a back up prop than Hasson who I've not been impressed with.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Our squad is looking ok for next year, but we probably/may lack a bit of youth / X factors in 1-5 to be a serious contender - but still potentially good enough for a top 4 spot. This side won't get picked but could potenially give us some extra speed / X factor in the backs

1) French / Moss
2) Radradra
3) Takairangi
4) Davis ( assuming hoppa may not be staying, thus Davis could stay)
5) Gordon
6) Norman
7) Foran
8) Mannah
9) Peats
10) Jnr Paulo
11) Ma'u
12) Scott
13) Watmough

14) Moeroa
15) Wicks
16) Pauli
17) Edwards/Gower/king(potenially very good attacking hooker)

Chances are Moss/French/Davis won't be ready but after a good offseason, you never know. They would give us some serious pace.

Gower has been carrying injury most of the year and is really only been playing due to the massive injury toll we already have so i wouldn't be too hard on him.

Chipmunk

Coach
I'd rather see how Alvaro developes . Hassan has had three years with manly and offers little.

Agree with Hassan, although before he game to Parra I probably would have said the same of Gower.

The more Alvaro plays in the NRL, the less successful we will be. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he's not going to be any more than your 5th or 6th middle forward in any squad of 17.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
And that's exactly what he'd sign on for. He would know by now that he won't get regular first grade so he won't be expecting regular first grade money.

emjaycee

Coach
Bumping this thread cause this is what the off season is about.

My starting 17 for Round 1 2016 (assuming no injuries in pre-season)

1. Gordon
2. Semi
3. Taka
4. Gutherson (smokey is mystery centre still to be announced ;-))
5. Moss (or Gutherson if smokey comes through)
6. Norman
7. Foran (c)
8. Paulo
9. Peats
10. Mannah
11. Ma'u
12. Scott
13. Choc

14. Kaysa
15. Gower
16. Wicks
17. Moroea

Unlucky to miss out:
Edwards
Buretta
Pauli
Hassan
Tanginoa
Morgan

Gazzamatta

Coach
I thought Alvaro was outstanding at the back end of the season MJC. Id definitely find a spot for him on the bench. Hard to remove anyone though as i agree with your assessment on young Kaysa.

emjaycee

Coach
I thought Alvaro was outstanding at the back end of the season MJC. Id definitely find a spot for him on the bench. Hard to remove anyone though as i agree with your assessment on young Kaysa.

Doh... i forgot poor Polar.
Include him in the unlucky list.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Id be surprised if Moss starts as a winger although i do believe Buretta is not the guy we need in the NRL team. Definitely a winger short at the moment. Id prefer Morgan to Buretta.

Latest posts