What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your choice of a World All Star's Team

dazza1976

Juniors
Your choice of a World All Star's Team

So not one Brit or New Zealander makes anybody's world team?
All seems a bit Americanesque to me

Paullyboy

Coach
an Australian team is Americanesque? Ritio :roll:

(i do understand what you are saying, i just think its probably the wrong word for this scenario)

but you getting back to what your point was, i did realise that all the players in my list were Australian based, but I went with that as it is the only form of knowledge I have. I dont know much of anything of the older English or New Zealand competitions and so it would be silly for me to suggest someone who i had no knowledge of.

If there is a player who is deserving of a position in there Id love to hear it, the only places I could even imagine there may be a better player to choose from would be at hooker and maybe a front rower ahead of Kevin Ryan. But the other 11 in the starting team I could not possibly imagine being beaten by anyone another competition had to offer.

dazza1976

Juniors
I dont know much of anything of the older English or New Zealand competitions and so it would be silly for me to suggest someone who i had no knowledge of.
Tom Van Vollenhoven
Harold Wagstaff
Jim Sullivan
Gus Risman
Ellery Hanley
Brian Bevan
Sean Edwards
Billy Boston
Alex Murphy
Neil Fox
Vince Karalius
Roger Millward
Tom Van Vollenhoven
and countless others who were the best around in there time.
Its always good to talk about who would make a world team because at the end of the day it's all down to people's opinions and perceptions rather than pure fact

Adidazzler

Juniors
Mine isn't too different to most others either, but it's like not really a World all-stars team, it's more a immortals team.

1. Clive Churchill
2. Ken Irvine
3. Reg Gasnier
4. Mal Maninga
5. Eric Groth
6. Johnny Peard
7. Alan Langer
8. Arthur Beetson
9. Elwyn Walters
10. Glenn Lazurus
11. Harry Bath
12. Gene Miles
13. John Raper

14. Dally Messenger
15. John Sattler
16. Noel Cleal
17. Brad Clyde

dazza1976

Juniors
Surely Bob Fulton is worthy of a jersey in any all-star team.

Latest posts