What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your favourite Aussie bands......

fat_mike

Juniors
check out After The Fall. lads from the central coast. got a debut self titled album out at the moment, great aussie rock with a little bit of emo in their. seen them plenty of time and have always rocked the joints they have played. saw them on thrusday night supporting one dollar short and 28 days and they kicked the night off perfectly. did a great version of she keeps no secrets by the angels.

apart from that i like frenzal rhomb the living end 28 days for amusement only, rasdio birdman, chisels and a shitload more aussie bands

aussie rock is top shelf

andrew flap

Bench
Rex said:
andrew flap said:
In no order

Icehouse, Alabaster Hand, Skyhooks, Finch, Black Feather, ACDC, Hush

LOL flappy @ Hush. Who were Alabaster Hand? Great name. very 70s.

Hush, well Rex, you had to be there. I confess it does show a broad tolerance. They were just....... entertaining, let us say.

Alabaster Hand were an awesome hard rock band around Sydney in the 80's and 90's. Described as Australias best unsigned band. I wish they'd reform. Maybe I'll get a poll happenning requesting they do so.[/i]

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Aussie bands are always the best at BDO and Livid

Frenzal, Living End, 28 Days, John Butler

(next year we want ACDC)

greentooth

Juniors
If Frenzal rhomb and 28 days is the best we've got at the moment, the aussie music industry is looking very very sad... John Butler Trio seems to be the onlycurrent aussie band i like at the moment.

Nullajet

Juniors
All is well and good in OZ rock because the Screaming Jets are currently back together for a while!!!

Beaver_Online

Juniors
What no votes for INXS? Undoubtedly the best Australian band of all-time...and not because they were the best selling or most famous.

Could write great rock songs, great ballads, great pop songs and music you could dance to. Not afraid to experiment with electronic music and blend styles.

Farriss and Hutchence undoubtedly the best songwriters of the 80s and 90s.

Notable mentions:
Divinyls
Icehouse
Hunters and Collectors
Midnight Oil
Ratcat
Sound Unlimited
Mental As Anything

In recent times:

Regurgitator
Powderfinger
The Sleepy Jackson
Something For Kate
George
Silverchair

Sorry kids, I don't listen to Triple J so can't comment on Jebediah, Frenzel Rhomb, Magic Dirt et al...

Nullajet

Juniors
Notable mentions:
Divinyls
Icehouse
Hunters and Collectors
Midnight Oil
Ratcat
Sound Unlimited
Mental As Anything

How do the Screaming Jets, Cold Chisel and ACDC not get a mention???

sydraider

First Grade
Majister
Butterfly Effect
Black Majesty
Days End
Dark Order
Dungeon
Tourettes
Anxiety Whispers

miccle

Bench
The Beautiful Girls
Xavier Rudd
The Cat Empire
Little Birdy
John Butler Trio
Ryan Toohey
The Waifs
Jez (ok he's a solo artist, not a band as such)

Once Dead

Bench
sydraider said:
Majister
Butterfly Effect
Black Majesty
Days End
Dark Order
Dungeon
Tourettes
Anxiety Whispers

BLACK MAJESTY! Man, even though you go for the Raiders, you kick @$$.........Guardian and Fall of the Reich are killer! The singer can freakin sing a tune and they are crazy live

Latest posts