What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your ideal fixtures for Round 1 2025

tyty04

Juniors
With the draw most likely to not be released until about November and small leaks arising, I thought it would be fun to see everyone’s ideal round 1 fixtures for next year.
Mine would definitely be:

(Vegas Weekend)
Sunday 11:00AM: Raiders vs Warriors
Sunday 3:30PM: Panthers vs Sharks

(rest of round 1 the next week)

Thursday 8:00PM: Storm vs Broncos
(AAMI PARK)
Friday 6:00PM: Newcastle vs Dolphins (MCDONALDS JONES)
Friday 8:05PM: Roosters vs Rabbitohs (ALLIANZ)
Saturday 5:30PM: Cowboys vs Titans (QUEENSLAND COUNTRY BANK)
Saturday 7:35PM: Eels vs Dragons (COMMBANK)
Sunday 4:05PM: Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs
(4 PINES PARK)
Bye: Tigers

tyty04

Juniors
Wests Tigers won’t get two round 1 byes in a row.
i thought that wouldnt be the case where they get 2 in a row but I just don’t really know who else I would put there that would make sense. if it was up to me it would be the Titans but the nrl obviously wouldn’t do that to a Queensland team starting up round 1.

yobbo84

Coach
Not roosters/souths in round 1

This stands on its own as a 35k plus crowd without needing to be round 1
It's an absolute waste (and boring) us constantly playing in Round 1 or 2, and then Round 26 or 27.

As you said play them when otherwise a lower crowd would be expected (Round 10 and 20, for example).

Valheru

Coach
It's an absolute waste (and boring) us constantly playing in Round 1 or 2, and then Round 26 or 27.

As you said play them when otherwise a lower crowd would be expected (Round 10 and 20, for example).
Definitely needs to be pre and post origin. I don't mind the first one being fairly early to avoid poor form being a factor, rounds 3-6 are good.

Yes the 2nd one should be round 20-23

Diesel

Referee
Channel 9 push for the 1st/last round Souths/Roosters, much like they used to waste a Broncos/Cowboys for round 1. Such a waste. Round 1 is an event on its own

mozza91

Coach
Channel 9 push for the 1st/last round Souths/Roosters, much like they used to waste a Broncos/Cowboys for round 1. Such a waste. Round 1 is an event on its own
Yeah I don’t understand how Channel 9 don’t see this. There’s enough interest in Round 1 you don’t need any high profile or rivalry games. Save them for later in the season.

Latest posts