What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your music recommendations to fellow FFBers

Once Dead

Bench
Hey all,

This forum seems to be a place where music gets brought up a lot and people are being exposed to different groups/artists/musical categories every day, so here's your chance to plug a band/group/artist you like to other people who may be interested........

For all you metal heads out there......anyone into Maiden, Queensryche etc should check out Aussie metal in the form of Black Majesty (who put on an awesome show at the Vic last Saturday night).....great band, progressive, melodic power metal style stuff who are making waves in the Euro metal scene which is a pretty mean feat for guys from Melbourne.....

http://www.blackmajesty.com/sounds.html You'll find 3 samples here including Fall of the Reich which is a KILLER track.....if you like your good high note singers, try this

Vanishing Point is in a similar vein, another Melbourne metal band with some acoustic downloads on their site available....melodic progressive metal..if you want some lower key style stuff have a listen to some of those tracks.....another band with a killer singer in the line-up

http://www.vanishing-point.com.au/ and go to the media section

In other words this thread is a 'what are you liking at the moment?' kinda thread re: music.....and no its not just limited to metal, it could even be rap etc

keeney

First Grade
dream theater are always good for anyone who likes rock, adn some of their other stuff could be considered metal, but its not as good

transatlantic - bridge across forever, great song

aim, great group

dave matthews band

everything else worth reccomending has already been mentioned in previous music threads

Once Dead

Bench
keeney said:
dream theater are always good for anyone who likes rock, adn some of their other stuff could be considered metal, but its not as good

aim, great group

dave matthews band

everything else worth reccomending has already been mentioned in previous music threads

Dave Matthews' 'Grave Digger' song is freakin awesome......sad sounding song but awesome as! great video too!

Jono Russell

Bench
a emo band called Something With Numbers are frikken awsome listen to a song called 'what i believe' or 'Denenenenenena'

other great band is Yellowcard who also play the violin in there band
if your into punk/emo you will love these two bands.

keeney

First Grade
Impellitteri said:
keeney said:

aim, great group

dave matthews band

Dave Matthews' 'Grave Digger' song is freakin awesome......sad sounding song but awesome as! great video too!

thats part of his later stuff, which generally hasnt been as good, its also minus the band, but its still a great song. HIs stuff from 1996-99 was the best,a dn his last three studio albums ( 2 with the badn and 1 solo) have been pretty ordinary, nothing horrible, but pales in comparison to his live albums and studio albums from 1994 to 2000. If you're intereted download the songs #41 and crash from the live album listener supported.
You could also try two step from the central park concert, or typical situation, from his accoustic album wiht tim reynolds, called live at luthor college. Those are the four absolute best renditions of the bands four best songs. There is also ants marching, which is a terrific song but its bets rendition i have is a bootleg, and maybe hard to find, the warehouse is also good, from listener supported, and a cover of all along the watchtower from recently.

i got a bit carried away :shock: sorry, check them outif you're interested, if you're against downloading those albums are impossible to get in sutralia, unless you order off amazon which will cost money, or get it ordered in by a record store, which will set you back about $65 per album :?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
This is easy!!

Ratt

- Lay it down
- Shame
- Round & Round
- Back for more
- Wanted Man
- Closer to my Heart
- I want a women
- Your in Love
- Body Talk
- Way cool Jr
- Loving you is a dirty job
- Dance
- Enough is enough
- Dangerous

.......so many great songs i could go on & on!!

Black Sabbath ( with Ronnnie james dio)

- Heaven & Hell
- Voodoo
- Sign of the southern Cross
- Neon Nights

Van Halen

- Jamie's Cryin
- On fire
- Feel your love tonight
- Runing with the devil
- Dreams
- Why can't this be love
- Jump
- And the cradle will rock
- Eruption

Kiss

- I stole your love
- I was made for loving you
- Sure know something
- Shandy
- Tears are falling
- I wan't you
- Love Gun
- Detroit Rock city
- Black Diamond
- deuce

W.A.S.P

- Whild child
- Crimson Idol ( The idol)
- Blind in Texas

Gunners

- Come
- Estranged
- Paitence
- The Garden

Favourite Oz bands

Ice House

- Crazy
- The walls
- We can get togther
- Hey Little girl
- Great southern Land

The Church

- Under the Milky way
- Unguarded Moment
- Metropolis

Midnight Oil

- Put down that weapon
- Beds are burning
- Power & the passion
- Short Memory
- Bedlem Bridge

G

gorilla

Umm, try going back in time a bit:
"White Rabbit"
Jefferson Airplane
Gotta be loud... :clap:

Once Dead

Bench
Ron - i must say, Midnight Oil, no matter how much of a stigma they carry were one great band.....not many Aussie bands can say they did an MTV Unplugged session......Short Memory, Power and the Passion and Beds are Burning are all great songs which even the least of a fan knows

G

gorilla

One oils track oft forgotten is "Wedding Cake Island"
surfer instrumental.
I saw the oils a few times in the 80s and they always blew everyone away live. :shock:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Impellitteri said:
Ron - i must say, Midnight Oil, no matter how much of a stigma they carry were one great band.....not many Aussie bands can say they did an MTV Unplugged session......Short Memory, Power and the Passion and Beds are Burning are all great songs which even the least of a fan knows

When i was about 14/15 Midnight Oil was my favourite band.....even my mates started getting into them at that age thanks to me & by the time we where 18 we all wen't to the Cooge Bay Hotel & and saw them do an awesome concert!!

Midnight Oil are a great band who done well overseas with the Beds are burning album.

I hate Peter Garrett but i love there music!!, Rob Hirst a great underratted drummer.

Anonymous

Juniors
somethingwithjohn said:
a emo band called Something With Numbers are frikken awsome listen to a song called 'what i believe' or 'Denenenenenena'

other great band is Yellowcard who also play the violin in there band
if your into punk/emo you will love these two bands.

SWN are absolutley awesome, and words can not describe how good Yellowcard is 8)

gorilla said:
"White Rabbit"
Jefferson Airplane

You'll get a few funny looks with that song Gorilla.

But thank God for you and Ron Jeremy otherwise I'd have heard of no one in this thread.

VAST - VAST (first album) effing brilliant.

I prefer US forces of the Oils songs but the whole 10 to 1 album is the best Aussie Album ever. IMHO.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
gorilla said:
"White Rabbit"
Jefferson Airplane

You'll get a few funny looks with that song Gorilla.

But thank God for you and Ron Jeremy otherwise I'd have heard of no one in this thread.

VAST - VAST (first album) effing brilliant.

I prefer US forces of the Oils songs but the whole 10 to 1 album is the best Aussie Album ever. IMHO.

LOL

Yeah 10 to 1 is probbaly there most complete album there made!!...all the songs are great...US Forces is a great song & Read about it!!

Beds are Burning album is also a great album...probably not as complete but this was for some reason there most succesfull album overseas!

Blue Sky Mining is also a great album!!....besides the obvious song...i always loved Bedlam Bridge & Forgotten years!...greats songs!

PS Your sig is a classic....however the John Cleese picture made you :lol: :lol:

Are you a fan of Cleese's work in "A Fish called Wanda" & Fierce Creatures?

All his work, the bloke makes me laugh even when he's being straight. I'll go back to him soon, just having a fling with other avatars to shut the kids up.

keeney

First Grade
the rerelease of live at filmore east by the allman brothers band is well worth a look, new tracks, digitally remastered for clarity, IMO not as good as the original, on vinyl despite being exactly the same but with more tracks, vinyl just suits it, the impersonality of cds chepaens the recording.

grant green is fkn awesome, jazz guitar

ernest ranglin, similar cept 90's as opposed to 60's

im trying to help out people who haven theard of the stuff i reccomended earlier, thats about the best i can do with reiterating over the givens listed in my100 best songs, in 'the 20 best songs' thread

half

Coach
i thoroughly recommend the following albums:

wilco - yankee hotel foxtrot
my bloody valentine - loveless
the notwist - neon golden
broken social scene - you forgot it in people
the wrens - the meadowlands
the shins - chutes too narrow
you are - an idiot. yes you!
the cardigans - long gone before daylight
kyuss - blues for the red sun
dizzee rascal - boy in da corner
manitoba - up in flames
radiohead - ok computer

Anonymous

Juniors
half-man said:
i thoroughly recommend the following albums:

wilco - yankee hotel foxtrot
my bloody valentine - loveless
the notwist - neon golden
broken social scene - you forgot it in people
the wrens - the meadowlands
the shins - chutes too narrow
you are - an idiot. yes you!
the cardigans - long gone before daylight
kyuss - blues for the red sun
dizzee rascal - boy in da corner
manitoba - up in flames
radiohead - ok computer

Its shit. Trust me I've heard it :lol:

half

Coach
by god, i wasn't expecting anyone to actually read that. i was being subliminal

keeney

First Grade
i missed it for sure, good pick up, i thought this was just another thread theat noone reads and just posts lots of stuff, kinda like the entire ffb :lol: