What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your passion and love for Parramatta

parra pete

Referee
Followed the Eels for 52 yrs now having attended my first game way back 1958 as a 10 yr old. Went through wooden spoons in 58, 59 and 60 under Jack Rayner and again in 61 under Ron Boden before we ever looked like making the finals but still loved every minute of watching them give their all.

Was fortunate to enjoy our very first finals years with Ken Thornett at his best from 62 to 65.

Those early sixties were truly exciting days at the old cumberland but it was downhill from there gradually slipping to the spoon in 70, back up to semis in 71 and back down to the spoon in 72.

Seen lots of players, coaches, managers and boards and crisis after crisis come and go over that long period but have never once wavered in my total passionate support for the one club I love. Endured much pain but the passion remained.

An Eels supporter of 52 years and will steadfastly remain so, it's a way of life.

Crazy, Ron Boden actually was captain/coach in 1960..Signed by Jack during the 1959 Kangaroo tour

parra pete

Referee
Parramatta eels that my team till i die no one is going to change my mind not even god

THat's what the Captain of the Titanic said "Nothing can sink us, not even God"..
Look at what a pile of water achieved. Just imagine what can happen when the Club hits a pile of sh*t.

Springs

First Grade
I first started playing and watching Rugby League in 1998, I first followed Souths but when they were kicked out I never thought they would come back in, being young and all. So I followed Parramatta in 2000 and have since then.
I have always loved the players and the coach, whoever they were. But one thing I can't love is this board, a club is built on the players and fans. yet this ridiculous board with their business agendas, think they are above the players and fans, the majority who wanted to keep Anderson, and decided to sack him.
I also can't stand this stupid fighting for control of the club. Why the hell does a football club need elections? I can understand electing a CEO and a board, but when two or more warring parties fight for control of a football club it becomes ridiculous, when court cases and media leaks become the norm. A club should be UNITED, that's what a football club is.

But anyway, forget Osbourne and Spagnolo and Fitzgerald and whomever, I follow Hindmarsh, Cayless, Burt, Hayne, Moi Moi, Smith, Mortimer, Grothe, Reddy, Mannah etc, I also followed B. Smith, Taylor, Hagan and Anderson and I will support the new coach regardless of the crap that preceded his appointing. The players are the heart and soul of the club, and I will always support them.

fanaticeel

Juniors
Hi Im Steve and I'm a fanatical eels supporter.. hence the nick.

Was there in 83 and 86..went through the early 90's where you could sit wherever the hell you wanted.

Will follow the boys through thick and thin.

Ahhh I feel better.. GOD I LOVE THIS CLUB!! GIVE THEM A PREMIERSHIP OR I"LL RESORT TO ASKING THE DARK LORD....

I'm sure Darth Vader could help us ;-)

I first started playing and watching Rugby League in 1998, I first followed Souths but when they were kicked out I never thought they would come back in, being young and all. So I followed Parramatta in 2000 and have since then.
I have always loved the players and the coach, whoever they were. But one thing I can't love is this board, a club is built on the players and fans. yet this ridiculous board with their business agendas, think they are above the players and fans, the majority who wanted to keep Anderson, and decided to sack him.
I also can't stand this stupid fighting for control of the club. Why the hell does a football club need elections? I can understand electing a CEO and a board, but when two or more warring parties fight for control of a football club it becomes ridiculous, when court cases and media leaks become the norm. A club should be UNITED, that's what a football club is.

But anyway, forget Osbourne and Spagnolo and Fitzgerald and whomever, I follow Hindmarsh, Cayless, Burt, Hayne, Moi Moi, Smith, Mortimer, Grothe, Reddy, Mannah etc, I also followed B. Smith, Taylor, Hagan and Anderson and I will support the new coach regardless of the crap that preceded his appointing. The players are the heart and soul of the club, and I will always support them.
you have hit the nail on the head mate all that the board and club are there for is to support THE TEAM who cares how many millions the club is making if THE TEAM is playing like sh*t?
i dont seem to remember anyone asking THE TEAM who they wanted as coach and im dead certain nobody asked caylo if he wanted his retirement leaked to the media

Latest posts