What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Round 23 Team v. Sea Eagles

JakeD

Juniors
Look, I'll likely get denounced for this but I really think Mortimer should be given another shot next week. 2011 is over, Mortimer is seemingly on the outer at the club but is still contracted for next year. For the next four rounds he should be given a shot to prove whether he is of any worth whatsoever. Changes need to be implemented especially given the ineptitude of the halves tonight (an yes I know they won't helped by the shocking lack of effort by the rest of the team etc. etc.). McGuire doesn't deserve to retain a spot in run-on side.

Here's my team

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Luke Burt
3. God Knows?
4. Ben Smith
5. Jordan Atkins
6. Reni Maitua
7. Daniel Mortimer
8. Tim Mannah
9. Matt Keating
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Shane Shackleton
13. Justin Horo

14. C. McGuire, 15. M. Allgood, 16. P. O’Hanlon, 17. J. Poore

boxhead

First Grade
1. Burt 2 Toutai 3 Brien 4 Smith 5 Sio 6 Hayne 7 Mortimer 8 Mannah 9 Keating 10 Moi Moi 11 Hindmarsh 12 Horo 13 Maitua 14 McGuire 15 Allgood 16 Poore/Shackleton 17 O Hanlon
That or keep Horo at centre, drop Brien to the bench or replace him with Lasalo. At least with Toutai and Sio we would have speed and power on the edges.

Parra Pride

Coach
1. Burt
2. Sio
3. Smith
4. Horo
5. Toutai
6. Hayne
7. MORTS
8. Mannah
9. Keating
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Shackleton
13. Maitua

14. McGuire
15. Allgood
16. Poore
17. O'Hanlon

Last edited:

JakeD

Juniors
Point taken yy cheng but I'm flummoxed as to who will play halfback if Hayne stays at 6.

JakeD

Juniors
To reiterate give Morts a chance. Who knows, he might be the fittest player in the NRL after the all the distance he's covered scoring tries for Wenty....

yy_cheng

Coach
Point taken yy cheng but I'm flummoxed as to who will play halfback if Hayne stays at 6.

with what we have, we need hayne to play on both sides of the field.

He has to learn to be ready for each play that is not a forward play.

We can't play with split halves because 1 half is always crap.

We need a 1st receiver who doesn't play make and just pumps it out to Hayne ASAP.

I thought Robbo could've done this as in '09, he didn't play make but just distributed.

But robbo's gone.

I think Casey can do it. They just need to change the structure.

But you can see that Hayne is adding more tricks to his no. 6 reportoire.

He's got that cutout pass working again whilst playing 6. (yes there was 1 intercept).

He had lost it when he first played 6 but he's worked out what position to be in to throw that ball again.

Last week, he was popping up short balls. He just needs some time to work out where he should be and once he has worked that out. He can play the traditional 6 role as a playmaker.

bartman

Immortal
Yep, worth persisting with Hayne at 6 this season, and since there's nothing else to play for may as well have an experienced guy in the halves give Hayne some different experiences of how five-eighth can be played. But that would need Kearney to vary the game plan, or adapt to the context of a game as it's unfolding, which I'm yet to see him do...

Team for a thrashing by the Sea Eagles?

1. Burt
2. Uaisele
3. Smith
4. Horo
5. ? Humble (why not, or swap him with Burt)
6. Hayne
7. Maguire
8. Mannah
9. Keating
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Allgood
13. Maitua

14. Mortimer (sigh... but just to give Keating or Maguire a short spell during the 80 mins)
15. Shackleton
16. Poore
17. O'Hanlon
18. Lasalo

caylo

Bench
I think it's time to give some other a run

Burt
Sio
Brien
Humble
Atkines
Hayne
MaGuire
Mannah
Keating
Moimoi
Hindmarsh
Smith
Matuia

OHanlan
Horo
Poore
Allgood

strider

Post Whore
oh goodness - Parra Pride has made up a 2nd account and started posting a different take on "Bring back Morts"

Parra Pride

Coach
oh goodness - Parra Pride has made up a 2nd account and started posting a different take on "Bring back Morts"

Impossible, I can't even remember the password for the email account I would need to activate the account. :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Morts deserves another shot...

I would also consider Humble at full back and Sio on the wing..

oldmancraigy

Coach
Oo - Humble.

Could be worth a shot - in fact, he couldn't go worse than we just went at fullback!

I don't see why people are picking Ben Smith in the centers and shuffling Horo back into the pack? If anything we need to go the other way. Smith was ABYSMAL out wide in defence last night - he doesn't have the lateral movement to defend in the centers - if we're going to give someone else a chance out wide (Toutai?) then SMITH should shuffle back into the pack. Horo is just far more mobile and better suited to playing C (not that either of them are really good at it...)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
and here we are back at the start again

we've done the full circle

Parra Guru

Coach
1. Humble
2. Burt
3. Maitua
4. Smith
5. Uaisele
6. Hayne
7. Mortimer
13. Horo
12. Shackleton
11. Hindy
10. Moimoi
9. Keating
8. Mannah

14. McGuire
15. O'Hanlon
16. Poore
17. Allgood

forward pass

Coach
I have been one of Morts biggest critics and he deserved to be dumped to Wenty.

BUT - he cant possibly do any worse than Maguire at 7. Seriously, if someone needs to play at Wenty it should be him.

Joely01

Bench
Time for some changes...
1. Humble
2. Burt
3. Horo
4. Smith
5. Sio
6. Hayne
7. Morts
8. Mannah
9. MK
10. AllGood
11. Hindy
12. Fui Fui
13. Maitua

14. Casey
15. Poore
16. Shack
17. Brien

forward pass

Coach
Burt
Etu
Brien
Smith
Atkins

Hayne
Mortimer

Maitua
Moi Moi
Hindmarsh
Mannah
Keating
Poore

Subs - Allgood, Horo, Shackleton, Maguire

True EEL

Bench
I have been one of Morts biggest critics and he deserved to be dumped to Wenty.

BUT - he cant possibly do any worse than Maguire at 7. Seriously, if someone needs to play at Wenty it should be him.

we don't often agree on a lot of topics on here, but i couldn't agree more about this, McGuire was diabolical in attack and particularly defence....he's just not up to NRL right now....Morts must be given a chance