What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your side for Round 1

ghoti

Bench
f**kin off-season desperation thread bullshit...

1. Gordon
2. Feki
3. Leutele
4. Beale
5. Gagan
6. Barba
7. Robson
8. Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Gallen
11. Graham
12. Tupou
13. Lewis

14. Tagataese
15. Arona / Heighington
16. Bukuya
17. Tupou / F Brown

Brown if Ennis needs a spell, fourth orward if he's gonna play 80. The pack is way too full of backrowers in this squad, and the backline depth is full of average first graders.

And not a bad NSW Cup side even before you add the Jets contracted blokes...

1. Gardner
2. Holmes
3. M Brown
4. Bird
5. Saulima
6. T Murphy
7. Stanley
8. Prior
9. Politoni
10. Houma
11. Heighington
12. Roquia
13. Arona

14. F Brown

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
1. Gordon
2. Holmes
3. Beale
4. Leutele
5. Feki
6. Barba
7. Robson
8. Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Gallen
11. Lewis
12. Bukuya
13. Graham

14. Brown
15. Tagataese
16. Tupou
17. Arona

azzah72

Bench
Well I posted this in the Your teams depth thread in the NRL forum.:

Sharks Guess (Not what I hope):

1.Gordon
2.Feki
3.Leutele
4.Beale
5.Brown

6.Barba
7.Robson

8.Fifita
9.Ennis
10.Gallen

11.Lewis
12.Bakuya
13.Graham

14.Tupou
15.Tagatese
16.Heighington
17.F.Brown

Reserve:
18.Gardener
19.Sauiluma
20.Ayshford
21.Gagan
22.Holmes

23.K.Stanley
24.Murphy

25.D.Fifita
26.Polotoni
27.Houma

28.Bird
29.Arona
30.Prior

31.Roqica
32.Newtown Player
33.Newtown Player
34.Newtown Player

I would prefer to change out Brown with Gagan or Holmes though.

Can't think If I have blatantly missed anyone.

Eion

First Grade
But then the article goes on to say Ayshford and Prior. Now excuse me, but they were completely shite when they came here.

southland

Juniors
1. Gordon
2. Feki
3. Beale
4. Leutele
5. Gagan
6. Barba
7. Robson
8. A Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Gallen
11. Graham
12. Bukuya
13. Lewis

14. Nu Brown
15. Tupou
16. Heighington / Arona
17. Tagatese

As much as I would like to see Murphy given a shot at the 7. I reckon thats what I'd go with Rd. 1...

Vin Fizz

Bench
Like all those sides. Would take any of them. Not sure I wouldnt have Mitch in there somewhere and see if he can rekindle the Dogs combination (he was at the Dergs with Barba right?) . I fear Flange will let Gal play 13 although id love to see him stay tighter. That means bringing in a starting prop and bring Lewie or Wadey off the bench. Id hate to see any of that happen which makes me think it will. Been thinking about how Robbo a very structured half will fit together with Mennis who gets heavily involved, Barba who will play off the cuff and take the opportunities as they emerge and Gal who will demand the ball when he thinks a captains knock is required. Will take some serious co ordination to make some of the combinations work so that the ball will get to the backs. We haven't had them for a while. Jeez we should score some points if we can open up some defences. How's Pricey as a tactition?

Last edited:

jc155776

Coach
1. Harris Hayne
2. The Gagan
3. Shane Watson
4. lol Tv
5. Flash Gordon

6. Woman basher epic bender crew member
7. Slow bro
8. Drug cheat
9. Grub
10. Targa Tasmania
11. Someone not suspended for off field behaviour
12. Someone not injured
13. Captain/coach

14. Good news story average player
15. Unnessary utility
16. Bolter
17. Aysford

Frenzy.

Immortal
http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/01/12/time-sharks-shape/
Interesting - the reference to the way some players fail to perform when they come here?

This is interesting as well and a fargen good idea.

Flanagan may simply opt to move on from the past, learn from it and implement new ideas and structures to suit his squad. The recent naming of Luke Lewis as captain of the team for the Auckland Nines could be an indication of Flanagan?s new plans, with Paul Gallen in the spotlight since his infamous tweet to those at NRL headquarters late last year. Ennis is another option to lead the team if Flanagan chooses for Gallen to simply play his game, rather than have the added responsibilities of captain. Gallen, who plays in almost every game possible, being a NSW and Australian representative, could benefit from a lesser role.

Special K

Coach
It is very hard to do this given I haven't seen the players train over the past 2 months. But what I'd love to see....

1. Gordon
2. Feki
3. Beale
4. Gagan
5. Holmes
6. Barba
7. Robson
8. Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Gallen
11. Graham
12. Bukuya
13. Lewis

14. Tupou 15. Tagatese 16. Arona 17. N.Brown

M.Brown, Heighno, Leutele all in NSW cup. Realistically M.Brown and Heighno are flanno picks.. I'd guess Holmes and Brown miss out. I'd also guess Gallen will play 13, Bukuya to bench and Taga will start.

We are still really lacking another prop.

southland

Juniors

1. Holmes
2. Feki
3. Beale
4. Kenny-Dowell
5. Gagan
6. Barba
7. Cherry-Evans
8. A. Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Merrin
11. Bukuya
12. Graham
13. Gallen

14. Nu Brown
15. Jack Bird

webShark

1. Harris Hayne
2. The Gagan
3. Shane Watson
4. lol Tv
5. Flash Gordon

6. Woman basher epic bender crew member
7. Slow bro
8. Drug cheat
9. Grub
10. Targa Tasmania
11. Someone not suspended for off field behaviour
12. Someone not injured
13. Captain/coach

14. Good news story average player
15. Unnessary utility
16. Bolter
17. Aysford

Quite amusing until I saw the 17.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
But then the article goes on to say Ayshford and Prior. Now excuse me, but they were completely shite when they came here.
We have some more....Beale...Stanley....

Meanwhile

Gordon
Feki
Leutele
Gagan
Holmes.

If Flash does what he says he will, kick and pass more, he can stay.

Still like the swap with Holmes so he gets a breather.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Holmes is going to be a sensation, I said this about ET when he was playing for De La (and I sort of knew him).. Everyone laughed at me, especially the Cron/Car boys.

You just know.

ghoti

Bench
I watched the Round 25 game of last year against the Cows where we lost by a point last night (on youtube.) Holmes was bog average. Made a few good runs, was lost in traffic, messed up a certain opportunity by going himself...gotta be very careful about bringing him in slowly. At the stage he was at in the back end of last year, he could lose us games... Mitch Brown for example, ain't too flashy, but he won't lose you many.

Definitely think Holmes is something of the future (he lit up the Parra game that he played in, but again, was just a little too nervy to be completely effective), but future is the key word. In no way would I have him in firsts in Round 1...mid-year or cover for injuries would be sensible.

Also hasn't played too much on the wing. I reckon he needs 6 or 7 games in NSW Cup on the flank before he masters the defensive demand required of the jump to firsts.

Can't wait to see him turn out for us, but only when he's ready - and I think he's a while off that level.

azzah72

Bench
If they take the same approach as what the roosters did with Mini-Sheck, He'll only get better.

Holmes has Raw Talent but you could see a few times last year that his "footy brain" in not developed yet. Made a few bad calls, not necessarily mistakes but more low percentage plays.

For mine, Gagan on the other hand didn't, he showed skill and maturity very quickly.

I am not too sure that we'll see either of them initially, I think m.Brown and Feki will be our wingers with Beale and Leutele our centres.

As the next 2 years progress, you will see Gagan and holmes get their opportunities again.

An interesting one for me is the fourth bench spot. As Ennis usually plays 80, is it a forward or a utility?

Is it Brown, Stanley, Murphy, Polotoni, Bird or Gardener even?

Or will we go 4 forwards?

Because then you have, Bird, Arona, Fifita, Prior (woh showed a bit of gutso at the end of last year) or possibly Roqica.

It's interesting....

I stated this in another thread,
We are a prop, or two, and halfback, short of being a real threat.
If Gal goes to prop (as is being bandied about), and if he and Burrito are injury free then we are in with half a chance. Also if Robbo and/or this Murphy have a standout season then we are in for more of a chance.
A few too many "ifs" in there for my liking.

In conclusion: we have a great deal of potential if the stars align, and the NRL allow it.

It's very hard to judge where Holmes is in his development. Playing in that team at the end of last year would cruel anyone. Let's see how he trials. I really, really, really like the look of him. And so do the coaches. That includes Rep coaches from qld and kangaroos.

I stated this in another thread,
We are a prop, or two, and halfback, short of being a real threat.
If Gal goes to prop (as is being bandied about), and if he and Burrito are injury free then we are in with half a chance. Also if Robbo and/or this Murphy have a standout season then we are in for more of a chance.
A few too many "ifs" in there for my liking.

In conclusion: we have a great deal of potential if the stars align, and the NRL allow it.

I think this about sums it up. It's a bit premature to be picking sides when there are so many new faces and so many we haven't seen for what seems like an age before the 9s and trials.