What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Starting 17 Round 1 2016

MarkC

Juniors
Cook was great for us this year but he surprised more than just us. He had some terrible moments in his other grade chances.

Yes, I was surprised at how good his defense was.

It was probably the reason he did not get a chance earlier.

I am not sure he can maintain that effort in defense playing 80 minutes in the NRL for a whole season, but again he could surprise.

That is why Cook coming of the bench with Lichaa starting seems like the best option.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Given we've lost Pritchard, I don't think we can afford to lose T Rex as well. If he can fire and have an "on" season we're gonna be hard to beat.

MarkC

Juniors
T-Rex will need to perform and Des will need to find a role for him.
T-Rex can't play as a backrower who makes minimal tackles.

With the new reduced interchange I could possibly see T-Rex starting at Lock when Eastwood is out or possibly even bumping Eastwood out of that position.
That is a tall order Eastwood is currently the better player who runs harder and tackles harder.

Either way 2nd row/lock he is going to have to lift his work rate and run harder.

It is 50/50 at best for mine, if he repeats this years form he could spend most of the year in NSW cup.

But I do think he is capable of playing better, I have no idea why he can't do that on a more regular basis.

dogz08

First Grade
i just want..

- our halves to get the ball at 1st receiver, and not graham

- tolman not taking a 2 meter hit-up on the 4th tackle

- for reynolds to try a grubber on the last..

i'll be happy with that next season for a start

Abz

Juniors
i just want..

i'll be happy with that next season for a start

I actually don't mind Graham being 1st receiver, I think he does a good job in offload department (along with Kasiano)
Agreed - the halves shouldnt' give him or the other forwards more than one run in a set, with his runs being either 1st, 2nd or 3rd - and the hooker should do a scoot every now and then too
Agreed - and our back 3 should also learn to mind the in-goal area more and catch on the full to get the 20m restart and 7 tackles as often as possible

Latest posts