What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team against Souths

Assuming Levi, Ponga and Klemmer are out and Glasby doesn't make the Qld 17 I'd go for:

Watson at hooker based on previous performances.
Mann at fullback.
Lino at 5/8.
Bring King in.

I'm not fussed bringing Lino in but would as a first choice goal kicker. I don't think Barnett should be first choice goal kicker. I'd much rather stick with players that have been part of our wins. Lino would be ok if he just catches and passes. Extend his game from there if he goes ok.

If we did go for Barnett as first choice goal kicker maybe play Mann at 5/8 and push Lee to fullback with Sione (or maybe Moga) to centre and Hunt to wing. Too much disruption for me.

For utility Buhrer to the bench but I reckon Watson can do 80 minutes on field.

What do you think?

Bartwah

Juniors
Watson hooker
Mann 5/8
Hunt fullback
Moga centre
Buhrer 14
Herman starting prop
King onto the bench

NK Arsenal

Juniors
This is the 21 man squad I would have, knowing that there will most likely be forced changes because of origin.

1. Ponga
2. Lee
3. Hunt
4. Ramien
5. SKD
6. Mann
7. Pearce
8. Klemmer
9. Watson
10. Saifiti
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Barnett
13. Glasby

14. Buhrer
15. Ese’ese
16. Gavet
17. Mata’utia

18. King
19. Lino
20. Moga
21. Saulo

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
if we lose players to origin I’d go:

1. Hunt
2. Lee
3. Moga
4. Ramien
5. SKD
6. Mann
7. Pearce
8. Ese’ese
9. Buhrer
10. Saifiti
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Barnett
13. Glasby

14. Watson
15. King
16. Gavet
17. Mata’utia

Moving players around would destabilise things. Buhrer used to go ok when we had Levi coming off the bench, so I would start with him.

Knight Vision

First Grade
if we lose players to origin I’d go:

1. Hunt
2. Lee
3. Moga
4. Ramien
5. SKD
6. Mann
7. Pearce
8. Ese’ese
9. Buhrer
10. Saifiti
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Barnett
13. Glasby

14. Watson
15. King
16. Gavet
17. Mata’utia

Moving players around would destabilise things. Buhrer used to go ok when we had Levi coming off the bench, so I would start with him.
I like this. Minimal disruption. Mann stays at 5/8 and can work on his combination with Pearce. Moga is a top shelf centre so we dont lose anything there and Hunt could hold the fort at FB and is a large human, wouldnt be surprised if he makes good mtrs bringing the ball back. . Herman on his day is a beast.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Just on the opposition - it sounds like the Reynolds injury is no where near as bad as first assessed and he is expected to play against us

Apatus

Juniors
New info from Toohey:

• Brown is planning to rest both Ponga and Klemmer for the bunnies.
  • Edrick Lee will be the fullback cover with Tau Moga playing wing this weekend in NSW Cup
  • Chris Randall and Kiah Cooper have been "promoted to the Knights' fulltime squad", I think this means they've been given top 30 contracts? so that would fill out our squad now
https://www.theherald.com.au/story/...k-fullback-replacement-during-origin/?cs=7580

In a sure sign he is being seriously looked at for a potential NRL debut at some stage this season, former Lakes United hooker Chris Randall was this week promoted to the Knights' fulltime squad in the wake of Danny Levi being out for the next two months following ankle surgery.

Randall, who can also play in the halves, appears to have leap-frogged Zac Woolford in the hooking pecking order and will start in the number 9 jumper today with Woolford on the bench when the Knights take on the Bulldogs in NSW Cup at ANZ Stadium.

Randall wasn't the only player elevated to the fulltime ranks. Lower grade winger Kiah Cooper, who has had previous stints in the lower grades at the Sydney Roosters and Gold Coast Titans, has also been rewarded after some strong performances in NSW Cup.

Spot On

Coach
They were absolutely horrible without Cook and Walker last night. Yes, a few others out but I was surprised at how poorly the Burgess brothers and Sutton played. Experienced players like that should have stood up more than they did. Ethan Lowe was poor as well.

Old Wayno will crack that whip after that soft performance.

Lets hope Cook and Walker are rested.

Latest posts