What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team v the Roosters

Meth

Staff member
Who would you pick;

1- McKinnon
2- Locke
3- Ropati/Bristow
4- Moon
5- Vatuvei
6- Hohaia (treading water, but lets slay the Jones giant first)
7- Heremaia
8- Price
9- Henderson (improved game v Doggies)
10- Rapira
11- Brown
12- Matulino
13- Luck

Res- Packer, Mannering, Tai'i, Johnston (time to ease him in)

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
There's not a lot of point gesticulating about the No.7 - we all know it's going to be Stacey until round 26, injury aside.

Same goes for Lillyman - a week after the coaches and management backed him in the papers, saying he had been a solid buy, there's no way he gets dropped. How a former State of Origin rep who has been demoted to the bench behind an NRL rookie who was signed as a hooker can be classed as a solid buy is beyond me, but there ya go.

This is the team that I reckon will run out (not the one I'd pick): 1- Wade, 2- Locke, 3- Ropati, 4- Moon, 5- Vatuvei, 6- Hohaia, 7- Jones, 8- Rapira, 9- Henderson, 10- Price, 11- Mannering, 12- Brown, 13- Luck
14- Heremaia, 15- Packer, 16- Lillyman, 17- Matulino

Too early for Johnson. He was a speed bump on D against the Dogs - I know Stacey has been too but SJ was worse. He's a star of the future and I wouldn't want to rush him into too soon and have his confidence dented in the current environment.

NZ WARRIORS'
-------------

1. KEVIN LOCKE
2. SUATONGA LIKILIKI
3. JOEL MOON
4. WADE McKINNON
5. MANU VATUVEI
6. SHAUN JOHNSON
7. STACEY JONES
8. SAM RAPIRA
9. LANCE HOHAIA
10. STEVE PRICE (c)
11. BEN MATULINO
12. LEWIS BROWN
13. MICHEAL LUCK

Interchange:

14. ALEHANA MARA
15. RUSSELL PACKER
16. JESSE ROYAL
17. ELIJAH TAYLOR
18. BEN HENRY

Radical....probably yes - but something has to change? And before you all moan on about McKinnon nots a friggin' centre....well he ain't done anything at the back this season so his strength and power could be better served on the fringes feeding the wingmen or breaking the line. Locke is a rare commodity at the Warriors' - a form player that deserves a mountain of space. Hohaia back to starting hooker...no room for Henderson and Shaun Johnson to spark something from 5/8th. Mannering possibly off the bench for a forwards role but thats as far as I'm willing to go.